Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    I am really regretting mentioning so much technical stuff in my PS! Lesson for next year me thinks...
    I've written the most simple PS ever, havn't mentioned any procudeers I've seen or anything, I just listed my w/e said why a vet, then half of it is about hockey and stuff....good or bad thing dunno...but I'm hoping for Q such as what did you do here and stuff coz I havn't mentioned what I did anywhere, that what my plan was anyway haha

men downhill!!!! id love it if I could skii like that maaaannn!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Same. I want to knowwww.

Snap! I've lost my life to my email/ucas track and I keep harrassing the poor postman every morning! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    help me!!!!!! i am really confused......i got a letter from glasgow in like january... which said

'after some consideration i am sorry to have to let you know that the admissions committee feel they are unable to make you a firm offer of a place at the moment. we have placed you on our waiting list in the meantime, and you will be contacted again in may.' etc etc..... so i thought this was a rejection and thought they placed everyone on the waiting list. but it has not appeared on ucas track as unsucessful yet :s . so then i emailed asking whether it wud b possible 2 find out wat place i was on the waiting list.. but they said the waiting list wasn't ranked untill august... so now i am so confused as to how they can get bak to me in may.. if they haven't ranked the waiting list by then. ahhhhhhhh confused

also.............. has anyone stil not heard from liverpool after work exp questionaire? it says on their admissions statement they'll inform ppl by jan 28th or something.. but iv not heard?

help meeeeeee!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky90009)
    help me!!!!!! i am really confused......i got a letter from glasgow in like january... which said

'after some consideration i am sorry to have to let you know that the admissions committee feel they are unable to make you a firm offer of a place at the moment. we have placed you on our waiting list in the meantime, and you will be contacted again in may.' etc etc..... so i thought this was a rejection and thought they placed everyone on the waiting list. but it has not appeared on ucas track as unsucessful yet :s . so then i emailed asking whether it wud b possible 2 find out wat place i was on the waiting list.. but they said the waiting list wasn't ranked untill august... so now i am so confused as to how they can get bak to me in may.. if they haven't ranked the waiting list by then. ahhhhhhhh confused

also.............. has anyone stil not heard from liverpool after work exp questionaire? it says on their admissions statement they'll inform ppl by jan 28th or something.. but iv not heard?

help meeeeeee!!
    they only give you 2 weeks notice before interviews so lots of people wont have heard yet.

i'm guessing glasgow may give out some offers to people on waiting list in may if not enough people firm them, then maybe more in august if not enough people get their offers

ReputationRep:
    spent the day at work today, one of the pigs gave birth overnight, but had a random stillborn in the middle of the day, explaining why 5 of her litter of 11 were stillborn to a group of 5 year olds is not fun

but funny story as well - a woman and her daughter were stood by the rea pen and the girl said look mummy its a duck and the mum just said dont be silly darling its a turkey :p:
    me and my friend were just trying not to laugh, like when children come in saying please can i hold a hamster, when the only animals near are rabbits, it seems really strange to me that people cant tell rabbits and hamsters apart:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky90009)

help meeeeeee!!
    Glasgo gives quite a lot of offers out on results day! so thats why they dont rank them till August, I'd expect they put you on hold, so that the peope who do get offers elsewhere will withdrawl, so then the ones which are still on the holding list obviously hasnt got in, so there will be a lot less sorting need doing...thats my guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    spent the day at work today, one of the pigs gave birth overnight, but had a random stillborn in the middle of the day, explaining why 5 of her litter of 11 were stillborn to a group of 5 year olds is not fun

but funny story as well - a woman and her daughter were stood by the rea pen and the girl said look mummy its a duck and the mum just said dont be silly darling its a turkey :p:
    me and my friend were just trying not to laugh, like when children come in saying please can i hold a hamster, when the only animals near are rabbits, it seems really strange to me that people cant tell rabbits and hamsters apart:eek3:
    the little girl on the farm I work on calles me dog!! :rolleyes: shes only 18months bless

ReputationRep:
    I really hate being back at school when the rest of the country is on half term!!! And I want to be back on my dairy farm sooooo badly. School sucks. I have 4 assessed practicals this week, my Chem project is due in 6 weeks, and I have mocks the day before my Bristol interview. Plus normal prep. I physically don't have time to do everything!! Plus practicing my clarinet and all the clubs I'm meant to be a member of...

I seriously would much rather be on work ex like the rest of you lot!

But, sorted out my lambing for Easter, and hopefully getting some time with an LA vet I know for the summer all sorted out soon

Edit: Rachel that's so cool about your dog having puppies!!!

ReputationRep:
    Felt very strange today - had a work experience person start at the farm I am working at. So I was expected to help her out, show her what to do etc...which is fine...but there is this expectation I know what to do. Which feels ridiculous....but apparently not...I'm sort of pleased they obviously think I am ok enough now, but kind of shocked at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    At the kennels today we had a nearly 5 month old lab pup whose owners had been feeding it by the feeding guide on the puppy food which misleadingly said weight of dog instead of adult weight of dog so this 5kg puppy was being feed a tiny amount of food! it was literally the size of 8 week old! all skin and bones!! and the owners have taken it to the vets several times and the vets didnt even think it was an issue!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    paracetamol kills badgers!! get it :p:

rach, how old is your doggie, i hope shes not underage...

any parsnips buttered? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    Felt very strange today - had a work experience person start at the farm I am working at. So I was expected to help her out, show her what to do etc...which is fine...but there is this expectation I know what to do. Which feels ridiculous....but apparently not...I'm sort of pleased they obviously think I am ok enough now, but kind of shocked at the same time!
    How much does this take you back to feeling like the new work exp student?! Did she look at you with awe? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    How much does this take you back to feeling like the new work exp student?! Did she look at you with awe? :p:
    This happens to me at the vets all the time. I'm there every Thurs afternoon, so sometimes there are students who are just there for the week, and they always remind me of being a new work ex student! Although when I go to a new place I guess I still am

ReputationRep:
    There was a new work ex kid at my vets today, and I took it upon myself to try and make her meet some vets etc, as she kept going to hide under the stairs!! Poor girl must have been petrified! But really, what a waste of a placement..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Pendragon)
    There was a new work ex kid at my vets today, and I took it upon myself to try and make her meet some vets etc, as she kept going to hide under the stairs!! Poor girl must have been petrified! But really, what a waste of a placement..
    Just noticed your Bristol offer! CONGRATULATIONS! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Why would she hide under the stairs?

ReputationRep:
    Are you on facebook? Sorry, this is irrelevant to your post but i quoted you to get your attention x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Just noticed your Bristol offer! CONGRATULATIONS! :woo:
    Haha thankyou!! I only found out on friday, and when i went into the vets this morning they were all getting really excited about the prospect of sending me off to uni! I hadn't even thought about stuff i'd need for uni yet, but they've given me a cutlery set, mugs, teatowels, a few books, overalls, waterproofs.... i love my vets!!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Hello. Back from lambing . Its a most awesome placement, and I think I'm going to be spending a day or so on their pig farm too, the people are so friendly !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Why would she hide under the stairs?
    Beats me. But i jumped out of my skin when i went t o get gloves, and instead found a girl!!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.