Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't finished Biology, Chemistry is mostly done but still need to go over a lot of it. Finish Hamlet on Monday :woo: but then it'll be essay practice, more essay practice and, oh, essay practice. With the evil teacher who will hunt you down and kill you if you put an apostrophe in a possessive it's :o:

Did my extended project presentation today, and it sort of went okay, despite the laptop blacking out so I couldn't see any of the notes!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by steph_v)
    We've finished for Maths, although Core 3 we really rushed because our teacher was ill and had to miss 2 months of school. They couldn't find a decent replacement so we had to self teach ourselves most of it. I'm really struggling with the Core 3 past papers.

Ouch for study leave. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    We don't get study leave
    And we've not even finished the Biology or Chemistry syllabuses!
    Are you doing OCR? I think I can remember you saying you were but could be wrong!! My teachers finished chemistry and maths before the easter holidays so just doing revision now! :p: Got half a module left in biology though.
    My study leave starts on the 10th of june and my first exam is on the 11th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    Are you doing OCR? I think I can remember you saying you were but could be wrong!! My teachers finished chemistry and maths before the easter holidays so just doing revision now! :p: Got half a module left in biology though.
    My study leave starts on the 10th of june and my first exam is on the 11th
    Yes, I'm on OCR.

My first exam is three weeks today! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    We finished Chem and Bio before Easter, and just finished Physics this week, so just on revision and past papers now.

Did anyone watch the debate last night? I saw a bit after I got back from the vets, it basically made up my mind! Quite excited about voting, it's fun turning 18 in an election year.

ReputationRep:
    guys! i need some advice
    basically my mum has been complaining that my cat has really bad breath recently but he's very lazy so we know its not down to him going out and eating from bins and stuff (he's too stupid to do that lol)
    but i know that certain medical problems like kidney problems can be the cause of bad breath
    its may sound silly but if it is kidney trouble, what would his breath smell like???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    guys! i need some advice
    basically my mum has been complaining that my cat has really bad breath recently but he's very lazy so we know its not down to him going out and eating from bins and stuff (he's too stupid to do that lol)
    but i know that certain medical problems like kidney problems can be the cause of bad breath
    its may sound silly but if it is kidney trouble, what would his breath smell like???
    i dont know but if its his pancreas his breath would smell fruity apparantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    guys! i need some advice
    does he just have bad teeth?? maybe he needs a dental?
    or maybe hes just old..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    does he just have bad teeth?? maybe he needs a dental?
    or maybe hes just old..
    its been quite a sudden change and i checked his teeth and they seem pretty good for a cat his age i guess im probably just being paranoid!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's only really severe kidney disease that causes bad breath. My old cat had really severe kidney disease and her breath was terrible, but she had good teeth. But it wasn't a sudden change, it was very gradual. It's probably nothing serious. Is he really underweight or anything? My cat had loads of other symptoms. I think diabetes is another possible cause of bad breath. Don't take my word for it, some of this may be wrong, I'm just going with what i remember from when my cat was ill.

ReputationRep:
    he's not underweight or anything and he seems fine in himself, i guess im just worried about losing him :o: i would take him to the vets for a check up but we really cant afford to at the moment coz moneys really tight i might pop into the vets and ask their advice though coz i worked for them for 2 years so im sure they wouldnt mind too much

ReputationRep:
    just paid £400 for accomodation, and spent £300 last weekend, I acctually feel quite poor atm also I no longer want to do Camp America that much, would prefer to go travelling for a month with my sister, so Im hoping I will not get placed and get my money back

ReputationRep:
    HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

hope revisoning is going well for y'all

and yeh Beth, that whole £400 deposit is a JOKE! that was my summer money! But im hoping that if i get a student account soon, you can go like £1400 overdrawn interest free, so i can use that money for summer and just pay it back when i get my student loan in september. ahhh im gonna be a poor student.

ReputationRep:
    My dog is limping really badly now on her front left leg. We took her to the vets last week (a week ago today) and they've given her some Rimadyl to take daily for two weeks. She's just got worse, though. She's only been having half an hour lead walks, as recommended, although she hates it, she's a collie and loves to run. Now she can barely walk, it's got so much worse this morning. My mum is going to take her to the vets tomorrow morning; I wish I could go too but I'm working. She definitely needs an x-ray. I hope it's nothing too serious.

ReputationRep:
    I knoww not had a loan or applied for it yet...I needed that £400!!! not going into overdraft before uni though no way!!! haha, don't want to touch it till xmas at least!!
    Still in debate wether I should pull out of CA loose £160 and go carabii, or wait

ReputationRep:
    I know I don't post here much but Nottingham finally got back to me and given me a deferred offer . So now I'm not sure whether to take a year out and go to Nottingham after a gap year or go straight to RVC. I hate making decisions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    I know I don't post here much but Nottingham finally got back to me and given me a deferred offer . So now I'm not sure whether to take a year out and go to Nottingham after a gap year or go straight to RVC. I hate making decisions
    can you put it as an insurce? so if u miss the grades for RVC, you can then take a gap year knowing your going to vet school, but if notts your fav I'd go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    can you put it as an insurce? so if u miss the grades for RVC, you can then take a gap year knowing your going to vet school, but if notts your fav I'd go there
    That's what I was thinking , but Nottingham was originally my first choice, just not sure if I want a gap year. Dearie me I'm so indecisive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    That's what I was thinking , but Nottingham was originally my first choice, just not sure if I want a gap year. Dearie me I'm so indecisive
    I loved my gap year untill May haha, had loads of things planned, and went on lots of piss ups and holidays and crap, but now I have nothing, so it's a bit bleurgg, basically coz all the mates have exams.....but June onwards will be good again.
    Thing is taking a gap year with a palce at unia t hand would be loads better, If I was in ur position, I would do a skiing season, I couldn't coz I was re-applying. But up to you, looka t some travelling things, work how much money you need, and see if you love to do that, because after graduating as a vet you will not get much chance. And can you see urself living in london? where a singel vodka can be £6 deary mee, hehe probs better around the studnet place, well I hope anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I broke my hermit rule and went out for my friend's birthday last night. To be honest, if I hadn't gone, she would have killed me. It was very good, but now I'm hanging so badly. Not good for revision. I'm going to eat lots of toast and drink lots of water, then crack on with some maths past papers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.