The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll have a read of that farming page on the torys website later.
I just wanted to mention another reason I liked the lib dems, was cos they are trying to stop politicians taking mortgages out with the tax payers money, and they are trying to get the NHS back into order with removing all these 'managers' that try and tell doctors how to do their jobs and are often paid more to do so. (I've heard a lot from my mum and dad about how the money has been spent recently on the NHS is terrible, and they think Clegg had the best ideas to tidy up this mess).
Reply 5501
It was fun :yep: I stayed up until about 4, then got up at about 7, so now I am very, very tired and it hasn't been a productive day, revision-wise :frown:
agreed NHS needs to be sorted out, Labour has put britain in a mess end of.
x_dwin_ffeimys_x

Nothing to do with election at all, but I like your sig :biggrin:
Moonlight*
I'v booked a tour at Durdham ad Manor and I'm goin to look around the grounds of university hall, apparently they don't do tours! Do you know where you are going to apply yet? :smile:

University Hall. Cheapest single room non en-suite available. :rolleyes:

Nice seeing the political discussion on here, seems quite a few of us are actively interested in watching the outcome. It's almost historical :p:
Reply 5505
Ow...Someones just ridden my horse....And she got thrown off :frown:.
Shes been behaving badly recently anyway: reared up when getting shod, hates being caught and wont stand still when someone goes to get on her.
But she used to be so good untill a few weeks ago; so now starting to think theres something wrong...She had flexion tests the other day but nothing showed up...Now thinking it might be something to do with her back :frown: :frown:...Bad times!!
PowerLewis
University Hall. Cheapest single room non en-suite available. :rolleyes:

Nice seeing the political discussion on here, seems quite a few of us are actively interested in watching the outcome. It's almost historical :p:

what the outcome? or the fact we're interested? coz if it's the second, who rulez this country is very importans coz it will affect all of us :o:
well, i finally managed to log into student finance :p:
Reply 5508
8 hours of travelling today to the rvc open day for 2 hours there :eek:

their facilities are just amazing though :biggrin:
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
liking the labour hatred here :smile:

they have completely ruined everything, they havnt done anything good in the last years that i remember, they have done NOTHING about TB and its costing them a **** load of money which could be spent on something so much better, what sort of idiots think vaccinating badgers is gona work, spending fliping millions of £££££ on a completely rediculous idea which will help nothing and noone.
hunting is another one, what has that done?? nothing, i dont no any hunt that has stopped, everyone jus works around the law because it was such a rubbish law with so many loop holes it wasnt worth making, it was just a stupid waste of money that again hasnt helped anyone.
another thing with labour is afganistan - should NOT be there.

i feeel sorry for any party that has to sort out their mess, but they need to get out and let someone ATTEMPT to sort out this country!

i like libdem and conservatives, i think they could be really good if they work together properly
Reply 5510
emmaaa..
8 hours of travelling today to the rvc open day for 2 hours there :eek:

their facilities are just amazing though :biggrin:

:love: RVC

Wooo :biggrin:
Reply 5511
Conservatives all the way! (labour - OUT!)
JoMC
But she used to be so good untill a few weeks ago; so now starting to think theres something wrong...She had flexion tests the other day but nothing showed up...Now thinking it might be something to do with her back :frown: :frown:...Bad times!!

Sounds like it could be the back, but I'd still expect some sort of (even minor) difference with flexions due to overcompensating and stuff. If you trot her up, does she trot a bit wider behind? My lad did that when he had a bit of a back issue, got physio out and everything was sorted, and she showed me how to keep on top of it with the various ways of releasing the muscles. Hope she's back to normal soon :smile:

With labour, I guess it depends where you're from as to how/if they've affected you. Where I'm from was a big mining area, when Thatcher shut the mines down it caused loads of problems, so a lot of the benefits and compensation that labour have put together, along with the minimum wage they introduced in the 90s, has been really beneficial. So I may be slightly biassed. , I think a libdem-conservative coalition may just work till we have another election because it puts Clegg in a very powerful position!
However, NHS does need sorting out; there is far too much beaurocracy, stupid rules and media influence at the minute :frown:

I think that's my longest post yet :p:
yeah I know of no hunt that has stoped, we still have hunting fair days and stuff, with like 3 protestors :s-smilie: police are for hunting so weheyyy
fox took around 20 lambs off us this year, and still we havnt cought it, thinking of how much 1 lamb is worth, its quite a bit of money, and plus its hard adopting a lamb onto a ewe with no skin
fletcher was bad as well, but I htin the torries will ahve learned from then, plus with the lib dem on their sides a lot of their polocies will not be to extreem sucha s rising tiution...
I'm the only one of my mates who liek the cons but saying that theya re all for Plaid Cymru
Reply 5514
whatever happens i think there'll be another election in the not too distant future. i doubt any government will be stable enough atm.
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
yeah I know of no hunt that has stoped, we still have hunting fair days and stuff, with like 3 protestors :s-smilie: police are for hunting so weheyyy
fox took around 20 lambs off us this year, and still we havnt cought it, thinking of how much 1 lamb is worth, its quite a bit of money, and plus its hard adopting a lamb onto a ewe with no skin
fletcher was bad as well, but I htin the torries will ahve learned from then, plus with the lib dem on their sides a lot of their polocies will not be to extreem sucha s rising tiution...
I'm the only one of my mates who liek the cons but saying that theya re all for Plaid Cymru

At least with Lib Dems Lord Ashcroft (hopefully!) won't be able to pay the tories to pass whatever laws he wants, such as the £20k-a-year tuition fees he supposedly suggested :rolleyes:
I can see your point with the hunting - it's a law that's impossible to enforce and there are loads of downsides. Personally, I don't mind whether or not 'proper' hunting is brought back - if it is then I'll just go out with the drag/bloodhounds instead of the foxhounds where you're guaranteed lots of jumping over good country without long waits while trying to pick up a scent of a fox.
Should be more punishments on the sabs though, especially if they decide to decapitate people with gyrocopters :frown:
yeah conservatives will be a mnority government then a re-election in 6months time I;m guessing, like back in the 70's, all depending on the Queens speacha s well, its a bit nutts how much money an election uses up though :/
but then a re-election, what if it's another hung parliment? I doubt it very much that Labour will get enough seats to become majority.
the 20k tiution will not happen.
Reply 5517
i think it would depend on the results of the second election....the dynamics, who had the majority, what leaders they had (e.g i think a lot of the vote against labour was a vote against gordon brown), whther the leaders agreed with eachother . also say lib dems got 110 seats or something, then they'd have a lot more power than they currently do. lots of different things i think :s-smilie:

i find it hilarious that the tories have always been so anti-liberal, and now they're palling up to them hoping to do a deal. generally speaking their policies are very different so i dont think lib dem voters would be too keen on the lib dems doing a deal with tories...if we wanted tory we'd have voted tory :o: neither them or labour have ever given any real thought to what the lib dems have suggested in the past, yet they're both now relying on them. the only way labour would get the lib dems is promising legislation on electoral reform rather than just a referendum on it...and still they'd need other small parties..which would be so unstable considering they will all have different views. which would probs prompt another election anyway. the other thing is...if cameron and clegg do a deal...cameron might call another election to try and get a tory majority on their own the second time, saying that the lib dems were making the government less stable etc.

i think though theyre all too scared of the costs of another election that theyd just want to do a deal now and hope it didnt happen.
Plaid Cymru and SNP have both said they will not 'join' (theres a posh C word but I cant spell it :p: ) so labour+lib dems, would then have to get the DUP (not sure if thats the correct letters) to join them, but that would be way to xtravagent, coz their views are way different, so would not happen.

yeah do u think the Torries will get majority 2nd time round? It might cause lib dem/PC/SNP supporters to vote for either labour/conservatives though..which i would dislike
Reply 5519
Coalition? Is that the posh word beginnig with C :p:

Personally, I think it's best for the country if there is a Con-Lib coalition, but definitely not best for Nick Clegg and the Lib Dems. A lot of the voters will be disillusioned because it looks like Clegg doesn't care about his policies, he just wants power, so he'll side with anyone. However, I really admire him, I think he's putting the nation before his own personal gain, which is a very rare thing for a politician. I think if the Tories were willing to compromise, this could be a very good thing for Britain. Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

Politics is so much more interesting than Chemistry :p:

Latest