Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)

With labour, I guess it depends where you're from as to how/if they've affected you. Where I'm from was a big mining area, when Thatcher shut the mines down it caused loads of problems, so a lot of the benefits and compensation that labour have put together, along with the minimum wage they introduced in the 90s, has been really beneficial. So I may be slightly biassed. , I think a libdem-conservative coalition may just work till we have another election because it puts Clegg in a very powerful position!
    However, NHS does need sorting out; there is far too much beaurocracy, stupid rules and media influence at the minute

I think that's my longest post yet :p:
    My mum is from a mining community in County Durham, and when Thatcher shut the mines she really felt the effects of it despite having already moved down here. She really doesn't agree with many Tory policies because of that.

I really like Nick Clegg, and I think he is in an awful position, from which he can't really emerge the better man. And certain newspapers are not helping at all by scaremongering and announcing mutinies.

ReputationRep:
    i just found out one of the resident seals at the seal sanctuary died last month he was only 4 years old and it was a big shock coz he'd been off his food for a week but fine other than that! i was gutted when i found out, they did so much work with him, he was rescued near morocco and they rehabilitated him and released him off orkney (he was an arctic hooded seal :p: ) then he was rescued again off the coast of spain so they nursed him back to health and kept him as a resident, just a bit of a shock really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    i just found out one of the resident seals at the seal sanctuary died last month he was only 4 years old and it was a big shock coz he'd been off his food for a week but fine other than that! i was gutted when i found out, they did so much work with him, he was rescued near morocco and they rehabilitated him and released him off orkney (he was an arctic hooded seal :p: ) then he was rescued again off the coast of spain so they nursed him back to health and kept him as a resident, just a bit of a shock really
    sahara?
    that sucks

ReputationRep:
    somebody came to see my cuzn horse y'day, and she and both her parents said she was a good rider, they went for a little trek, and on the way home 'sobun' galloped, she screamed on his back, so he went even faster, she fell off, KO, rushed to hospital in Bangor, then to Liverpool, has craked her skull, brain has swollowed, shes been paralized by docs and is still unconcious!! real bad news!!!
    Cuzn asked me to go over and ride Sobun for her now, coz he needs to get used to different riders
    Also I dont think i'll ride with no helemt again, i always ride mine with no helemt and bare back and crap...scaryyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    somebody came to see my cuzn horse y'day, and she and both her parents said she was a good rider, they went for a little trek, and on the way home 'sobun' galloped, she screamed on his back, so he went even faster, she fell off, KO, rushed to hospital in Bangor, then to Liverpool, has craked her skull, brain has swollowed, shes been paralized by docs and is still unconcious!! real bad news!!!
    Cuzn asked me to go over and ride Sobun for her now, coz he needs to get used to different riders
    Also I dont think i'll ride with no helemt again, i always ride mine with no helemt and bare back and crap...scaryyyy
    Oh my god, that's awful! I hope she recovers soon Did she not have helmet on then?

I would never, ever ride without a helmet, it's just not worth the risk.

ReputationRep:
    she had a helmet on, if she hadn't shed be dead!! theres like a skid mark on the road from where her helmet scrapped :/

I know Im gonna find mine and wear it now, I never go on road though, so if I fell it would be on grass, thats why i ahvnt been wearign one

ReputationRep:
    I probably need a new hat, thinking about it. Aren't you supposed to get one after you've had a few falls/had it for years?

I just got some work experience confirmed at a big cat sanctuary for September. I applied for it before I got my offers, because I was sure I wouldn't get in this year. I've also got a week at a LA vets booked and a week at a zoo in September/October. I don't know whether to cancel it or wait and see if I get my results, because I'm not that confident. I suppose it's kind of selfish to keep the placements because they could go to someone else, but it would be nice to fall back on something. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    keep them, you'll know in August, plenty of time foe another work experience person to grab the week, or ask some pl on this thread if they want to go once uve had ur results

and as for the hat, I think you do, i've only ever had this one riding hat :/ bet it doesnt fit me acctually haha,

once again Im hooked on TSR coz of this general election crap... *shame*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I probably need a new hat, thinking about it. Aren't you supposed to get one after you've had a few falls/had it for years?
    I think it's something like 5 years, or after each fall where you've hit your head, because the protective stuff in it begins to disintergrate and doesn't protect as much. It's the same stuff inside that they use to make motorbike helmets
    Having said that, I came off about 15 times in my old hat (Friend's pony had a talent for decking people) and my heads still all in one piece (mostly :p:)

Hope she's okay Bethan, awful for everyone concerned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)

I just got some work experience confirmed at a big cat sanctuary for September. I applied for it before I got my offers, because I was sure I wouldn't get in this year. I've also got a week at a LA vets booked and a week at a zoo in September/October. I don't know whether to cancel it or wait and see if I get my results, because I'm not that confident. I suppose it's kind of selfish to keep the placements because they could go to someone else, but it would be nice to fall back on something. What do you guys think?
    you may as well keep it booked just in case you dont get ur results coz otherwise youd be gutted that you cancelled it! (not that ur gonna fail anyway :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'll probably keep it. I just wanted to see whether people thought it was really selfish or not.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I think you should keep it

ReputationRep:
    if you cancel it when you get in then someone who didnt get the grades might get your slot and it would really help them. theres nothing better than getting a lst minute cancellation

ReputationRep:
    How abouts ringing them and discussing it with them so that they could perhaps put down someone provisionally, who could then have your place when you get the grades, but atleast you've then got something to fall back on?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know anything about providing evidence for the nottingham vaccination forms?

ReputationRep:
    argh my dog has been through so many tests to find out whats wrong with him, including a muscle biopsy and electrical stuff but all the results ahve come back normal!
    we've decided not to do the last test but to just start him on treatment for metabolic muscular disorders cos its symptomatic treatment and its basically just supplements. really hope it works

ReputationRep:
    little girl still in coma

ReputationRep:
    how old is the girl? ah that wud be horrible...

i have been told i have to "get rid" of my horse before uni... i just dont no what to do, noone will buy her and i dont want to loan her out because of all the hassle and im not gona be at home to sort out any problems and i cud do without vets bills etc etc.
    shes too old to be a brood mare and cant be a companion because shes lived on her own for like 9 years :/ ahahhhh

Yay for cameron, i just hope the lib dems and conservatives dont pettily argue over everything and get on with it and sort out this country i think they cud

ReputationRep:
    I think they could sort it out as well. I found this video of Cameron and Clegg quite amusing, actually. Although it's funny, it does show that it is going to be difficult for them to agree on things.

How old is your horse, Rachel? I'm sure someone would want her.

ReputationRep:
    shes 11...
    that suks about your horse!! :/

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.