Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    shes 11...
    that suks about your horse!! :/
    So young as well! Her parents must be going through hell, it's so awful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    shes 11...
    that suks about your horse!! :/
    that's a pretty awful thing to happen to someone, especially so young.

ReputationRep:
    Rachel, is she funny with other horses or is it just that she's lived on her own? All the time I had Bronson he lived in an individual field where he couldn't touch any of the others (sometimes not see them either) but he would've been fine if introduced to another herd.
    Could you loan her out to someone on the condition that she stays at your place?

I know how it feels though, I was so worried about what Id've done with Bronts, because who wants a mental but ancient pony that only has one fully working leg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    8 hours of travelling today to the rvc open day for 2 hours there :eek:
    I had that with Bristol.

Only just caught up with this thread again.

I ought to get a new helmet as well, I've had mine since I was 12 and a half, and I've fallen on my head/shoulder far too many times too count. Job for after exams ready for work experience, if I'm allowed to ride (once I've booked it in the first place :rolleyes: ).

Got to write my personal statement tonight, any tips from reappliers/people who've already written theirs as to how to make it flow between an initial 'I want to do this course/be a vet because' into 'this is my work experience and I learned this from it' and 'this is the sorry amount of stuff I've done outside of school/homework/work experience'?

EDIT: And... I've just posted in the wrong thread, but can my request still stand? Please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gernumblies)
    I kinda used the first paragraph to sum up why i wanted to be a vet in general then in the second paragraph i went on to say that my first work experience at a vet practice confirmed that i wanted to be a vet and then after that its easy to write about work experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Hey..1st of all congratulations on getting ur 2 offers!! I think u posted this on fb..

Its a bit of a tricky one... the rational thing to do... would be 2 accept RVC because ultimately the priority is for u to become a vet.. and taking a year out is delaying the process... having said that.. I totally empathize with you in that.. 5 years is a long time and having to turn down ur first choice for the sake of missing a gap year doesn't seem entirely right either! I suppose just go with ur gut instinct.. i think you win either way.. (and i'm secretly hoping u chose Notts..(coz its the best).. not that i'm biased) xx
    Thanks for the input. I finally firmed Notts today and going to have a worry free gap year =):woo: 2011 vet school here I come

Also I hope that little girl is okay! That's awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    Thanks for the input. I finally firmed Notts today and going to have a worry free gap year =):woo: 2011 vet school here I come

Woohoo, well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)

yay for Nottingham

I really hope the girl gets better, it's so awful

ReputationRep:
    awww this is sad poor girl

my horse is nearly 19, has history of lameness and she windsucks, shes not a novice ride and is by no means bombproof, shes OK in traffic (doesnt really like lorrys/buses) shes PERFECT in the stable and fine to shoe, doesnt box, not good to clip... shes a right nuisance....

shes never really been with other horses, because at 4 years old she went to an agri college and was used by equine students but i dont think they turned out much and they were never hacked, it was all schooling and jumping in an arena so she only saw traffic for the first time at about 10 years old when she left the agri college.

she is the nicest horse though, and shes not a boring old plod, shes still really naughty and mucks around all the time... but people that would be capable of riding her would want to compete and do things at a higher level, shes only a hacker because of lameness and age

AHHHHHHH.. i was kinda hoping my mum and dad would just say theyd keep her for me but they keep saying she HAS to go and it would be easier for everyone

Im going to put an Ad up and see what happens...

got my Bristol pack today got a form for vaccines and stuff for a doctor to fill in to say im fit enough haha
    and another booklet and accomadation exciting stuff

ReputationRep:
    ooh yeah we got vaccination forms too..out of interest does anyone know why vet students need the hepatitis b vaccine or is it just a general student thing? my doctors seemed to act like they don't give it much, I've got to wait for them to order it in

ReputationRep:
    my horse is 26 next month!! :O

hope u find somebody decent to look after her rachyy

ReputationRep:
    **** do you need Hep B for Bristol Rach?? I started my course in December and was meant to get the next one 3 months later and had to cancel it, so will probs have to start the whole course again now, and it hurt so bloody much! I HATE injections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    Hope you find someone suitable for her. At least though she's not small (?) so might be a nice enough hack for an adult? Would she do any RC showing or dressage, or will her lameness issues not hold up to stuff like schooling?
    ILPH/WHW or another charity might know of someone looking for a hack if it becomes absolutely desperate, I hope it doesn't

Got to go for an interview-type thing at an eventing yard next weekend and she wants to see me ride one of her horses - for some reason I'm really scared :o: Can just imagine getting on it and just going round confusing it with my crap riding :o: I'm only used to nutcase ponies and green or ruined horses, never a 'proper' one!

ReputationRep:
    i havent got anything from bristol yet.
    was looking at the accom prices though and they are ridiculous! i want an en suite but i dont really want to pay that much

ReputationRep:
    Ive got to get rid of my horse too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Hope you find someone suitable for her. At least though she's not small (?) so might be a nice enough hack for an adult? Would she do any RC showing or dressage, or will her lameness issues not hold up to stuff like schooling?
    ILPH/WHW or another charity might know of someone looking for a hack if it becomes absolutely desperate, I hope it doesn't

Got to go for an interview-type thing at an eventing yard next weekend and she wants to see me ride one of her horses - for some reason I'm really scared :o: Can just imagine getting on it and just going round confusing it with my crap riding :o: I'm only used to nutcase ponies and green or ruined horses, never a 'proper' one!
    I was made to ride a Listuano horse at the stud farm I went to, and the owner competes againt pippa Funnell and crap, and I have never done dressage before, but she gave me a really good lesson and loads of tips, and after that I got to brake a pony in for her so yeah nothing to be nervous about really...then again ur probbally way better rider than me :o:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know why vet students need the hepatitis b vaccine
    It's not a general student thing because I didn't need it when I did my first degree. From what I've read it's required because of all the blood that we'll be exposed to and it says on my little form they gave me "diseases like hep B can be transmitted by medical procedures performed using unclean equipment etc". I'm guessing all of Notts equipement will be super clean but you never know what could happen if you go abroad to work etc. Tis just safer for everyone. It is quite painful but the sore arm isn't too bad. When I had my swine flu jab I couldn't even lift my arm to brush my hair cos it caused so much pain to lift it that high! So in comparison tis fine. I did have to pay £90 for the course though, which sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I've already had my Hep B, so that's alright :yep: I don't think it hurt that much, the typhoid one really hurt me though.

ReputationRep:
    mega lol
    i just realised someone negged one of my posts a while ago... coz i said that liverpool was the best uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    the only jab that really hurt me was the 1st hpv one. swine flu was fine really.
    i think i need to get a new tetanus one but is there anything else necessary except hep B?

in other news, i think i want to join the army

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.