Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought they only know once you've firmed/insured. This is what it says on the UCAS website:

Will my universities and colleges know where else I have applied?

No. They only find out much later when you have decided which offers to accept or if you have no live choices, for example you are unsuccessful at all choices, or you decline the offers you have.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought id pop in and say good luck with exams and hope you all do well.
    got my first exam tommorow, wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    Just thought id pop in and say good luck with exams and hope you all do well.
    got my first exam tommorow, wish me luck
    good luck , I'll be seeing you at Nottingham next year, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    good luck , I'll be seeing you at Nottingham next year, hopefully
    :woo:
    cnt wait to finish frm here and then ive got to do the accomodation forms which are not the easiest of all.:p:

edit: and student finance:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    Aha just sorry I've been lurking for a bit in between rev (seems pretty quiet on here) but that's a bit scary! Tho at my Liverpool interview one of the guys asked me if I had any offers yet, n I was sure they weren't really allowed to ask that. Hmm wonder why he did.

Edit: guys as in one of the interviewers - the one at the 'why vet' station methinks
    my why vet guy at liv asked me where else i'd applied as well and if id had any offers. i was just like the five english ones except cambridge and no im waiting to hear about interviews. then he went off on one about camb :p: oh well that station got a strong so he cant really have cared aha :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    my why vet guy at liv asked me where else i'd applied as well and if id had any offers. i was just like the five english ones except cambridge and no im waiting to hear about interviews. then he went off on one about camb :p: oh well that station got a strong so he cant really have cared aha :rolleyes: .
    I wonder what the point of asking that was, I mean, it can't have any bearing on their decision, surely? That would just be unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I wonder what the point of asking that was, I mean, it can't have any bearing on their decision, surely? That would just be unfair.
    i really dont know. cos it was my first interview i didnt know if they were meant to ask stuff like that...me and my dad were talking about it before, like if they asked me, what i'd say and that. and he was just like,,,,be honest. i dont see why they wouldnt be allowed to ask, im sure they can ask you what they like lol, guess its up to you what you say. i cant see that it would affect their decision at all,,,maybe the point of asking would be to see if anyone had just applied to liverpool and no where else...:/. nooo idea. xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    I got asked that as well at Liv, where I'd applied, where I had interviews and whether or not I had any other offers. I told them the truth, but didnt know why they asked it

ReputationRep:
    I had to deactivate my facebook account because I couldnt concentrate on my revision lol

I didnt realize the uni's could see where else you applied! Thats so unfair.. no wonder harldy any1 gets 4 offers!!

ReputationRep:
    Can you deactivate your facebook account for a short period of time? Or is it permanent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Can you deactivate your facebook account for a short period of time? Or is it permanent?
    short period i believe. ive deactivated for today (boycotting it)
    account settings and then deactivate. when you want to go back on you just log back in and type in your password and your activated. you get an email telling you how to.:p:

ReputationRep:
    short period i believe. ive deactivated for today (boycotting it)
    account settings and then deactivate. when you want to go back on you just log back in and type in your password and your activated. you get an email telling you how to.:p:
    yep.. but be warned Steph.. some ppl think u'v blocked them coz they cant find you!

ReputationRep:
    :woo:
    cnt wait to finish frm here and then ive got to do the accomodation forms which are not the easiest of all.:p:

edit: and student finance:eek3:
    lol :p: i've just sent out the final forms for my accomodation so hopefully it's all sorted now, it is a long process though, lots of forms to fill in!
    still not finished student finance though

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just...er...not log in? Surely that's the easiest way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Why don't you just...er...not log in? Surely that's the easiest way
    because facebook is addictive :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    lol :p: i've just sent out the final forms for my accomodation so hopefully it's all sorted now, it is a long process though, lots of forms to fill in!
    still not finished student finance though
    ooh thanks for reminding me bout student finance, i keep forgetting

ReputationRep:
    I cant do student finance till the bloody accountant man comes here to talk with mum and dad, uchh the joys of running ur own business

ReputationRep:
    Saying that, I am, admittedly, always logged into Bookface. It's now just another way for my manager to get in touch with me when he needs to *shrugs*

I still can't complete my SF because the father, for reasons beyond my understanding, has multiple P60s for the same financial year, all listing something different. And he can't find the second one...

ReputationRep:
    I gave up with doing the means tested one. I didn't think I would get much really, despite the fact my dad is both retired and receiving disability benefits, as he runs his own business and I went to a fee paying school...didn't think that would go down too well!! But my student loan doesn't even remotely cover the cost of accommodation It is like £2000 short, I genuinely don't know where that money is going to come from!!!

ReputationRep:
    I finished doing my bit for student finance yesterday, now my mum just needs to send off all the eveidence! It was soo confusing and I agree its not nearly enough!! Going to have loads of money to pay back when I finish uni though And I am really not liking the fact that I have to have a BCG jab for Bristol Looking forward to going to see the accommodation tomorrow though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.