Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I gave up with doing the means tested one. I didn't think I would get much really, despite the fact my dad is both retired and receiving disability benefits, as he runs his own business and I went to a fee paying school...didn't think that would go down too well!! But my student loan doesn't even remotely cover the cost of accommodation It is like £2000 short, I genuinely don't know where that money is going to come from!!!
    have you decided where you're gonna live?

i'm not applying fore means tested either, just cant be bothered to find my bank details to complete the form. took me weeks to bother getting my passport.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    do the means benefits.. i went to a fee paying school and still got a bursary for vetsci..

ReputationRep:
    oh lol yeah i forgot none of you younger people got the bcg, and now you all have to pay for it :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    Bristol have set me a massive list of injections I have to get I really HATE injections And yep, bcg is on the list, all my friends have had it and apparently it was painfullllll.

Definitely going catered in Stoke Bishop Anna, but not quite narrowed it down further than that yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Bristol have set me a massive list of injections I have to get I really HATE injections And yep, bcg is on the list, all my friends have had it and apparently it was painfullllll.

Definitely going catered in Stoke Bishop Anna, but not quite narrowed it down further than that yet.
    massive list of injections?
    i thinkt he only thing i need is a new tetanus

ReputationRep:
    I only glanced over it briefly, but I thought there was only one saying "this must be done before uni". I should really find time to sit down and sort through everything.

ReputationRep:
    BCG is the TB jab, isn't it? I had that in year 7, only because the school got shut down so they jabbed everyone before they left :p: It wasn't too bad, but it took the nurse ages to inject everything in, and one of the nurses was crap and had to keep taking the needle out of people and putting it back in :eek:

If you've got an older brother/sister at uni, do you have to fill in all the finance forms each, or do you automatically get the same?

ReputationRep:
    i was the first in my year to get it, told people it didnt hurt then got people complaining at me for lieing the rest of the day

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it hurt too much, loads of people cried and fainted though. and everyone went around punching each others arms, oh year 9, good times :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    I didn't think it hurt too much, loads of people cried and fainted though. and everyone went around punching each others arms, oh year 9, good times :P
    lol yer i remember the arm punching... ahhh... year 9

ReputationRep:
    we dont need hepatitis for briastol do we?

ive had all the jabs on the list they gave yay!!!

just need to get the doctor to sign it and then its done

i dont no if the unis can see wheere else uve applied? why wud bristol of given me an offer knowing i already had 3?? i dunnnnnno!

i think im going to apply to either goldney or durdham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    we dont need hepatitis for briastol do we?

ive had all the jabs on the list they gave yay!!!

just need to get the doctor to sign it and then its done

i dont no if the unis can see wheere else uve applied? why wud bristol of given me an offer knowing i already had 3?? i dunnnnnno!

i think im going to apply to either goldney or durdham
    I don't think they know until you firm and insure them. That's what we've always been told.

ReputationRep:
    Since I moved high school, I wasnt on the registry at my new school so missed abput 2 injections in year 10, then ment to have them in year 11, only i decided to go play hockey instead, so I need a lot of injections, got my BCG in year 8 htough.

And RACHY I think they realized that since you hadnt firmed the other 3 you wanted to go to bristol? just a guess

I want to go back to the radio one big weekend ....was awesome!!! and sooo tanned now (burnt*). uch 9hr shift at work in the sun, joy

ReputationRep:
    got a week at a poultry farm booked for august wooppp.
    biology resit tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Exams...eurgh!!!

Revision, especially when it is sunny, is not fun. But saying that I am just sitting outside finishing off my Physics notes and listening to the commentary from the French Open, so it's not all bad!!

Good luck for everyone with exams, hopefully we will all be ok!!!

ReputationRep:
    3/11 exams complete now
    So far they've all gone fairly well, but they are only AS retakes. It's really hard to revise after an exam, I find.

ReputationRep:
    I have a mths exam sometime in June, its a re-sit got an U in it atm, cant really do much worst, should find my file really :/

ReputationRep:
    my first exam is a maths resit - not looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    What Maths exams are you too doing? I've got S1, M1, C3 and C4 left to do. I'm alright with most of them, it's just M1 that really confuses the hell out of me, probably because I don't do physics and I HATE physics.

ReputationRep:
    s2 I have...its really simple, xactly like S1, only I blanked out last summer! and ended with an U, when I had high B/low A at all past papers and mock...teacher was very disapointed..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.