Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    yeah, i left quite a few questions out tbh, one of the trig ones, one of the vectors and i didn't really like the last question. i was panicking thinking it was going to be a lot worse than that though. i'm sure you've done better than you think are you going to do the pilot?
    The pilot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    The pilot?
    yeah, it's core 3 and core 4 combined, we had one for core 1 and 2 last year aswell. does no one else do this?

ReputationRep:
    AQA? I found it horrendous, but everyone else I know found it okay. I couldn't answer loads of the questions, I never leave questions blank but I had to. I did really well on past papers, though, I don't understand what went wrong. I basically can't get a B in maths overall now, so now I can't stop crying, because I'm completely pathetic. I need to stop worrying about it, and try and get As in Biology and Chemistry and hope Liverpool will be lenient and take me with AAC. I doubt it, somehow.
    if you do get AAC phone them up and see if you can keep your offer for a year while you retake, so you dont have to reapply

ReputationRep:
    My friend's school does. It's like an extra way of retaking it to boost up up your grades or something isn't it??

Literally no one I know has come out of an exam (maths in particular) saying they found it ok, or even not that bad. They have all said they were really hard, so hopefully grade boundaries will be low. Makes me very worried for Bio tomorrow though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    My friend's school does. It's like an extra way of retaking it to boost up up your grades or something isn't it??
    yeah, it's like something they're trying out because that's what they're trying to turn the maths exams into, so if we get a higher mark on the combined papers than with our individual papers they count the highest mark. i got a lot higher on the core 1 and core 2 combined paper than the individual papers last year, i'm not going to do the core 3 and 4 combined one though, i haven't looked at core 3 since january so it'll be pointless
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Mmm, exam was okay.

ReputationRep:
    do any of you lot do maths edexcel?? Thats what i did

i wouldnt worry TOO much if you come out thinking you did badly/it was really hard... it usually means its made you think hard about yr answers so you wont of made silly mistakes so will probably of done alot better than you think!!

I do love it when u come out of an exam thinking man that was easy, but u dont generally do any better in those to the ones you came out feeling awful about. gota love the changing of Grade boundaries!

Hope you all get the grades you want in August, and good luck in yr last exams

ReputationRep:
    Wooo, biology re-sit, no shrews this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Wooo, biology re-sit, no shrews this time.
    lol nothing like that on my biology exam either, i was surprised, we had the seal in january

ReputationRep:
    lol nothing like that on my biology exam either, i was surprised, we had the seal in january
    There were blue tits birds and whales, though most was based on bacteria in my exam. I think they got worried that if they base another question on an animal species then another one, just as shrews, would become endangered. :P Though there was a lot about seaweeds, so they'll disappear of the beaches really quickly now...

ReputationRep:
    Did get to play spot-the-difference with those flies though!

I don't know how I've done, especially with all the ecosystems and plants parts, and I'm a bit annoyed that there was nothing on brain, behaviours, lac-operon, apoptosis and all that stuff that I managed to revise :rolleyes:

Chemistry tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Did get to play spot-the-difference with those flies though!

I don't know how I've done, especially with all the ecosystems and plants parts, and I'm a bit annoyed that there was nothing on brain, behaviours, lac-operon, apoptosis and all that stuff that I managed to revise :rolleyes:

Chemistry tomorrow
    hahah yeah that was fun :p: i know, i always feel like that with biology exams, cos there's so much to revise, most of it's not going to come up. i am glad there was no big essay question on meiosis though! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone with exams :o:
    I've got OCR physics on friday ...Taking physics was such a bad idea; anyone else doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Good luck to everyone with exams :o:
    I've got OCR physics on friday ...Taking physics was such a bad idea; anyone else doing it?
    ive got physics on friday - i think its ocr aswell

im absolutely terrified i have that and M2 and im not ready for either of them :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    ive got physics on friday - i think its ocr aswell

im absolutely terrified i have that and M2 and im not ready for either of them :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    Oh right, mines OCR B - Advancing Physics!
    Oh, thats a horrible day of exams, but really good luck for it!
    There arn't any conditions attatched to physics in my offer, so it doesnt really matter, but still dont want to do badly :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Oh right, mines OCR B - Advancing Physics!
    Oh, thats a horrible day of exams, but really good luck for it!
    There arn't any conditions attatched to physics in my offer, so it doesnt really matter, but still dont want to do badly :o:
    yeah i think thats the same paper
    my offer doesnt specifically say anything about physics but i need a third A and i very much messed up C4 to the point where i got one question right so an A is very nearly impossible, i think i need 100% in both C2 and M2 which wont happen

good luck to everyone with exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    yeah i think thats the same paper
    my offer doesnt specifically say anything about physics but i need a third A and i very much messed up C4 to the point where i got one question right so an A is very nearly impossible, i think i need 100% in both C2 and M2 which wont happen

good luck to everyone with exams
    What exam board are you on for maths? I messed up my C4 really badly as well.

ReputationRep:
    no u didnt steph!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    no u didnt steph!!!!!!
    Yes I did :p:
    I don't know what happened, I just couldn't answer the last two questions at all and I ran out of time. Nothing I can do now, except try and get an A in chemistry and beg them to let me in with AAC. Unless, by some miracle, I got over 90% in a few of my maths retakes, which is very, very unlikely. I'm relaxed, for once I'm pretty confident about tomorrow as well, I feel really well prepared.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did :p:
    I don't know what happened, I just couldn't answer the last two questions at all and I ran out of time. Nothing I can do now, except try and get an A in chemistry and beg them to let me in with AAC. Unless, by some miracle, I got over 90% in a few of my maths retakes, which is very, very unlikely. I'm relaxed, for once I'm pretty confident about tomorrow as well, I feel really well prepared.
    Stay positive, you might be pleasantly surprised on results day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.