Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    wpssii...apostropheesss!!! and spelling, I never read back over my posts, I really should! glad I amused some of you with my run away vet tale :p:

ReputationRep:
    hahah I also just got negged!! hello my lurker buddie who keeps negging me every month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    hahah I also just got negged!! hello my lurker buddie who keeps negging me every month
    Sometimes it seems worth the £3.50 to see who it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    Sometimes it seems worth the £3.50 to see who it was
    pay £3.50 every month??? what do you get out of the £3.50 alltogether?? this is very tempting, since this lurker need to be put down!

ReputationRep:
    Blrblrblrblrblrblrblblrblrblr

I think I have lost the ability to communicate normally from all this revision.

ReputationRep:
    pay £3.50 every month??? what do you get out of the £3.50 alltogether?? this is very tempting, since this lurker need to be put down!
    haha you can subscribe for one month as far as i know for £3.50, although they did change it so that you subscribe and pay for one month but had to cancel the next payment since it sets up a direct debit, but you can cancel it on paypal

not sure what you get these days, but you can see who repped you

ReputationRep:
    Can you see who repped you in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Can you see who repped you in the past?
    Yep! lol

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can recall, you get a full history of given and received rep, the points that went with it and the identity as well. Not to mention the exciting back room!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh yes, the back room :perv:

If you become a PS Helper you can earn Riches, which can be used for a subscription :yep:

ReputationRep:
    is a dark red more powerfull than a light red? and how about the green? I'm guessing the light green is more powerfull? I'm just curious...

ReputationRep:
    hey from texas!!!
    camps been hectic so far, the kids arrive3d last sunday and left yesterday, we get another set tomorrow! the horses are gorgeous and the weathers insanely hot and humid at the mo and its just gonna get hotter!
    hope everyones exams are going good and everyones excited about september... i know i am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    hey from texas!!!
    camps been hectic so far, the kids arrive3d last sunday and left yesterday, we get another set tomorrow! the horses are gorgeous and the weathers insanely hot and humid at the mo and its just gonna get hotter!
    hope everyones exams are going good and everyones excited about september... i know i am!
    I'm off to LA next monday can not wait!!
    was wondering with which bank are you with? coz with HSBC it costs £1.70 to take money out, been told that nation wide is the best.....but my sister has a bank account over there so might use that instead :/

ReputationRep:
    Feels like an eon since I was on here =|. Good to see people still posting throughout the exam period =P.

I'm starting to get fidgety about what I'll need to get for vet school =|. (Hidden plea for advice).

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to LA next monday can not wait!!
    was wondering with which bank are you with? coz with HSBC it costs £1.70 to take money out, been told that nation wide is the best.....but my sister has a bank account over there so might use that instead :/
    If you go to Thomson Travel Agents, they have a debit type card that you can get on the spot. You just change your money here, deposit it into your account and then you can use the card overseas without getting charged at all.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/e...oney-card.html

That's what I've got for America, and the parents have one for when they go to France. Makes it much easier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    If you go to Thomson Travel Agents, they have a debit type card that you can get on the spot. You just change your money here, deposit it into your account and then you can use the card overseas without getting charged at all.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/e...oney-card.html

That's what I've got for America, and the parents have one for when they go to France. Makes it much easier!
    seriously no charge for anything and you can use it in the states?? awesome!!
    how long does it take to transfer your money from your existing account to the new one? please say less than 5 days

just read your link and it costs 3 dollars to withdrawl at ATM, and 3% Foreign Currency Transaction Fee...maby I'm better off with HSBC still...a well off to wrexam tomoz and will visit some more banks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sorry, there's a three buck charge for withdrawals. But you can use it in shops or wherever else they accept cards and not have to worry about carrying around a load of cash or being charged.
    Changing your money and loading it on to the card here is commission free. And if you do have to withdraw money, just don't do it every time you want $20, take out say $100 at a time. $3 is only about £2 which isn't much if you're taking out a larger amount less frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Yeah, sorry, there's a three buck charge for withdrawals. But you can use it in shops or wherever else they accept cards and not have to worry about carrying around a load of cash or being charged.
    Changing your money and loading it on to the card here is commission free. And if you do have to withdraw money, just don't do it every time you want $20, take out say $100 at a time. $3 is only about £2 which isn't much if you're taking out a larger amount less frequently.
    I might look into that for my holiday I don't fancy carrying around lots of cash.

By the way, I will text you back as soon as I find my phone charger :o:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the exact telephone numbers we would have to ring up on results day to plead with the vet schools, to let us in despite not achieving our offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Does anyone know the exact telephone numbers we would have to ring up on results day to plead with the vet schools, to let us in despite not achieving our offer?

ooh yeah I would like to know this too please

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.