The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5800
Guys did anybody see this:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course.php?inc=course&code=021635

? o.O' The rumours of the lincoln certificate in health and science were true then. Nottingham are introducing their own gateway programme, but have BBC requirements from A2 subjects and the Bs need to be in biology and chemistry. Bs from GCSEs are also required so they raised the requirements from the lincoln gateway. o.O'
Kurzyk
Guys did anybody see this:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course.php?inc=course&code=021635

? o.O' The rumours of the lincoln certificate in health and science were true then. Nottingham are introducing their own gateway programme, but have BBC requirements from A2 subjects and the Bs need to be in biology and chemistry. Bs from GCSEs are also required so they raised the requirements from the lincoln gateway. o.O'

so are they getting rid of the lincoln thing then?
Reply 5802
Annaconda

I think so, though I looked at the Lincoln uni website to see if they have a notice about cancelation of the course but they don't:

http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/fabs/_courses/undergraduate/health_science/default.asp
i would ring the ones you were interviewed at first but theres nothing stopping you ringing all 7.. could be worth a shot, shows your keen and wont do any harm if they say no.
Reply 5804
Good luck to everyone who has biology tomorrow!
Me has it :smile:
Reply 5806
Just seen an advert on BBC 2 for a programme called the Bionic Vet. Looks good, orthopedics I think, possibly at the RVC. Will be watching that!

Edit: Bio tomorrow yep :s-smilie:
Reply 5807
oaktrees
Just seen an advert on BBC 2 for a programme called the Bionic Vet. Looks good, orthopedics I think, possibly at the RVC. Will be watching that!

Edit: Bio tomorrow yep :s-smilie:

When is that on?

Good luck for Biology everyone! :yep:
Annaconda

yup i phoned them to check about entry requirements for next year (back when i didnt think id get in this year) and they said that they wouldnt be running it
Reply 5809
animalmad1992
yup i phoned them to check about entry requirements for next year (back when i didnt think id get in this year) and they said that they wouldnt be running it

But they'll have a new gateway which doesn't involve spending a year at Lincoln or anywhere else, but going straight to the vet campus at Nottingham.

Though the entry requirements are higher than before. :s-smilie:
steph_v
When is that on?

Good luck for Biology everyone! :yep:

wednesdays, not sure what time
22:45. I think. I'll miss it :frown:
Reply 5812
Annaconda
I think i may actually go see some tennis this year. i live so close to wimbledon but have never been

oooo you deffo should,,,ive been the past 2 years and am going again on tuesday. the queues go surprisingly fast...queued 2 years ago and it was a proper good day...good seats on court 2...last year we won the ticket lottery thing and got crappy seats high up on court 1,,,so would rather queue anyway..
deffo worth it if u live close, even if its just to get into the grounds.

and agreed what everyone has said about the football and the tennis being on...its like the world is conspiring against us so that we dont pass our exams :|!!

pahh missing my third year at glastonbury cos of these last 2 exams. KILLS IT.
er i am NOT watching that bionic vet.. ergh.
Reply 5814
Rachhyyyy
er i am NOT watching that bionic vet.. ergh.

Why? Do you not agree with it? I've met the vet who's on it, Noel Fitzpatrick. His referral centre is incredible, I've only been once when I went with the vets and vet nurses from 'my' practice to look around. I'll definitely be watching, if only to see the technology.
i dont no, i dont really like how veterinary work is going to far, but i guess animals are pretty much as important in peoples lives, maybe i shud watch it. ive seen a similar tv prog before and i dont no i just didnt think it was right to put an animal through it, at the end of the day its a dog or a cat, should it be treated like a human, im just not sure that it should really.
Reply 5817
Guys, I just saw this thread on my homepage and I know it's quite sad and depressing but since we have all been through the application process I was wondering if anyone of you could help this person out. Basically they want to be a vet, but don't think they will get in. Other stuff going on too but maybe we could all provide an applicant's insight?

Very badly worded, but basically can anyone help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1320103
Reply 5818
oaktrees
Guys, I just saw this thread on my homepage and I know it's quite sad and depressing but since we have all been through the application process I was wondering if anyone of you could help this person out. Basically they want to be a vet, but don't think they will get in. Other stuff going on too but maybe we could all provide an applicant's insight?

Very badly worded, but basically can anyone help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1320103

They've closed the thread. I've looked at some of the replies, it's sickening. I know there are a lot of trollls on this thread, but it's obvious this is a cry for help, even if it is on an internet forum, I don't see why everyone is so abusive. Poor girl.

And with regard to the bionic vet, I know it does seem like it's going 'too far', but cats especially do see to adapt very well to three legs, so why shouldn't they adapt just as well to this? However, I don't really think it should become commonplace, but it's amazing to see the technology actually works.
Reply 5819
1 more exam... @_@

Latest

Trending

Trending