Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    And with regard to the bionic vet, I know it does seem like it's going 'too far', but cats especially do see to adapt very well to three legs, so why shouldn't they adapt just as well to this? However, I don't really think it should become commonplace, but it's amazing to see the technology actually works.

I agree, it definitey shouldn't be common place and the quality of the animals life should be very carefully considered.

I was speaking to my vet the other day and she wassaying that somebody was trying to keep a two legged hedgehog alive which, from what I know about it at least, seems wrong.

Then again, as Rachyy said earlier, animals can be just as important in peoples lives as humans. And we do everything we can to save a humans life even if it leaves them with (in my opinion) very little quality of life and a lot of suffering.

Why then do we preserve human life at all costs but not animal?

It seems contradictory to expect a human to live, for example, with no limbs and then not allow a cat or dog to.

I am pretty unsure which side is right. Are animals getting the better deal in some cases or are humans :confused:

All I can say is, to me, in that video, that cat looked... happy

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my examssssss
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    How'd it all go ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have a clue. I can't call it.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    me neither, hard isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same! Both Chem and Bio no idea, however I expect maths is a B

Its just a waiting game now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Its just a waiting game now!
    Damn it! Just lost The Game

ReputationRep:
    No more exams! As would Mel Gibson say: FREEDOM!

ReputationRep:
    Still going with exams here at Notts... *cries a bit*

ReputationRep:
    I still have one more exam to go...I literally can't face doing any more!! All I want to do is sit in the sun and watch the tennis, but I am having to force my tired brain to learn Physics It's not really working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I still have one more exam to go...I literally can't face doing any more!! All I want to do is sit in the sun and watch the tennis, but I am having to force my tired brain to learn Physics It's not really working.
    I'm the same, I think we've had all our exams on the same days-ish (just saw ur quote from the Isner-Mahut thread today :o: ). Physics tomorrow....eeppp!! Its way to hot to be revisin. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    I'm the same, I think we've had all our exams on the same days-ish (just saw ur quote from the Isner-Mahut thread today :o: ). Physics tomorrow....eeppp!! Its way to hot to be revisin. Bah.
    Haha yeah I think we have. As you can probably tell I have spent far too long watching the tennis instead of/as well as revising... Thing is today I really had to revise Physics all day which was the most depressing thing ever as nearly all my friends have finished, and it's boiling hot! It's fine though, off to do some more in a minute. How are you feeling for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Haha yeah I think we have. As you can probably tell I have spent far too long watching the tennis instead of/as well as revising... Thing is today I really had to revise Physics all day which was the most depressing thing ever as nearly all my friends have finished, and it's boiling hot! It's fine though, off to do some more in a minute. How are you feeling for it?
    Yeh had Chem this morning - we're not allowed to take papers in Jan which so had everything in the space of 2 wks. Erm not too sure about Physics - hoping to get a good paper but tbh I really haven't done enough practice q's n I think that's SO important for Physics. Ohh well what can ya do. How are u feeling for it? I'm v. v. glad its in the afternoon, can get a few more hours in 2moro morning. Can't wait to finish!!

Anybody got any interesting summer plans?

ReputationRep:
    So pleased for you guys that have finished!!! Party hard! God I remmeber this time alst year, what a feeling!!

I feel so out fo TSR which is sad!! When I get home I'm determined to keep up to date again, it's just not very easy at the mo with pretty sporadic internet!!!

My parents applied for my accommodation for me at Brizzle and they applied for Goldney followed by University. I haven't seen any of these places and can't even remember the prospectus!! But I met someone last year who's going to eb a Bristol medic and she said Goldney's lovely and universities alright.... Where've you other guys applied?

For anyone having a gap year next year...COME TO NEW ZEALAND!!!! It's trhe coolest couintry on this planet!! I love ti so so much, after 3 months it feels like home, my months muilking work was fab and I've just spent a fortnioght seeing practise with an LA vet and helping him on his sheep stud farm, seriously amazing trip combined with touristy holiday type things!! Only thing is it's flipping freezing here at the moment so I musta dmit I am looking forward to some sun! But it was tropical when I arrived at the beginning of April. Anyway, I need to go but keep me updated with general vettyness etc and news or FB me....

ReputationRep:
    FINISHED!!!!! Finally!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Woooppppp . Now most of us have to wait till results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enor)
    So pleased for you guys that have finished!!! Party hard! God I remmeber this time alst year, what a feeling!!

I feel so out fo TSR which is sad!! When I get home I'm determined to keep up to date again, it's just not very easy at the mo with pretty sporadic internet!!!

My parents applied for my accommodation for me at Brizzle and they applied for Goldney followed by University. I haven't seen any of these places and can't even remember the prospectus!! But I met someone last year who's going to eb a Bristol medic and she said Goldney's lovely and universities alright.... Where've you other guys applied?

For anyone having a gap year next year...COME TO NEW ZEALAND!!!! It's trhe coolest couintry on this planet!! I love ti so so much, after 3 months it feels like home, my months muilking work was fab and I've just spent a fortnioght seeing practise with an LA vet and helping him on his sheep stud farm, seriously amazing trip combined with touristy holiday type things!! Only thing is it's flipping freezing here at the moment so I musta dmit I am looking forward to some sun! But it was tropical when I arrived at the beginning of April. Anyway, I need to go but keep me updated with general vettyness etc and news or FB me....
    thats what i applied for yay

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I don't have to resit in a gap year, because I'm currently throwing away all of my notes and past papers for all of my subjects, because I'm going to completely redo my room this summer and it's cluttering it up. I've literally completely filled up the recycling bin, I'm having to use my neighbour's now. It's a lovely feeling and it's nice to actually see my walls again, instead of them being covered in posters about reaction mechanisms.

ReputationRep:
    cant wait till finding out which accommodation ive got im already starting to pack just need to hope ive got the grades i need now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    cant wait till finding out which accommodation ive got im already starting to pack just need to hope ive got the grades i need now
    Your starting to pack! :eek:

I'm to scared of jinxing stuff to do anything regarding going to vet school, which means come 19th August, I am gonna have a lot to do in a short space of time (hopefully in preparation for going to vet school in september!).

I am literally not going to be able to enjoy this summer untill I get my grades...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.