Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wow! well done!!! is there a webpage about the prelim course for liv yet? want to see if I'd be eligible, wooo go you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alieshia)
    wow! well done!!! is there a webpage about the prelim course for liv yet? want to see if I'd be eligible, wooo go you!!!
    Not yet but I guess there will be by september. It says that candidates who have taken A levels are not normally considered tho so dunno if that would affect you or not? its a widening participation scheme and thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    cool I keep eye out, all the gateway courses seem to have different criteria. One you have to be eligible for EMA to get onto and I can't get it 'cos Im too old but another says they'll take an eligible benefit in place of EMA so I am entitled on that one. Confoose me much LOL

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on clearing for veterinary medicine. I know it's pretty unlikely that anything would come from it but I was wondering if there were any success stories out there / anyone with any advice on how to approach it come results day.
    Thank youuu
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Vet med doesn't go through clearing :/.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all Remember me. . . It's been a while since I've been on this. Turns out Vet School really takes over your life (To be fair I'm not really complaining since I do love it!). Just finished a massive stint of EMS which was more fun than I expected! I even managed to pass my exams :shock: So I'm a Second year :woo:

So how is everyone? Results soon for A levels isn't it? Good luck with that all If anyone wants any advice on year one at Vet school just ask I will try and check a little more often!

@ x~Kt~x One of my friends said that Notts was in the clearing list last year. Although I don't think it's the norm to be honest. Assume it won't be.

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Just wasn't sure about this and wondering if anyone on here knows...

Is it possible to return unused veterinary products to the vets and get a refund?
    My kitten wasn't eating/drinking for 2 days, and kept throwing up. She was due to have her second vaccination today, so we had an appointment booked at the vets anyway. But obviously they can't administer injection under those cirumstances. Had to pay something like £66... And as soon as she got home she is eating and drinking again and being normal.

ReputationRep:
    Ring them and ask :-) glad your kittens eating again :-)) give it a hug fro me :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    thats sooooo cool well done!!! and liverpools the best anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    thats sooooo cool well done!!! and liverpools the best anyway :p:
    thank you =) I know always wanted to go to liverpool. then it was quite close with notts but Ive always loved liverpool eeek Im mega excited. Will I be seeing you there? xx

ReputationRep:
    Getting slightly scared about the prospect of spending my 21st at uni just because I dont know anyone and it'll be my first week there but I guess I'll know people by then haha. Also slightly worried that I have to tackle student finance and find accommodation....scary thought hahaha very excited tho. Cant wait to stock up on new stationery.....which is rather sad considering I work in a stationery shop hahahaha xx

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I am so worried about results, it's starting to ruin the last few days of my holiday! I'm sure when I get to Paris, I'll be able to forget about it. I know there's nothing I can do now, it's still agony. It's pretty 60/40 at the moment in terms of not getting the grades/getting the grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Ahhh, I am so worried about results, it's starting to ruin the last few days of my holiday! I'm sure when I get to Paris, I'll be able to forget about it. I know there's nothing I can do now, it's still agony. It's pretty 60/40 at the moment in terms of not getting the grades/getting the grades.
    fingers crossed for you! and im mega jealous of you going to paris... and all over europe by the looks of it :p: but im sure liverpool is better than paris... lmao
    im like super excited about results day coz i wanna know who's gonna be in my year good luck eveyrone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Hey everyone. I know I havent written on here in a while but Ive been stalking in a bit. So you want some gossip???
    Im totally going to vet school this year. Kind of...

I applied for the main vet course at liverpool and got rejected then a few weeks ago was told I could apply for a new course startin this september at Liverpool. Its a pre-vet course (foundation to health studies with progression to Veterinary Medicine)

had an interview and got a place =) theres only 5 places so I kept quiet about it so as not to tempt fate...
    but if I pass the course with 70% I start veterinary next year so its like the prelim course at Notts and Bristol... and Id still be classed as a vet student like you would with that course so Im megaaaaa excited.....and very worried coz its not far off and I have no accommodation or student finance yet hahaha. So there ya go =)
    wow kirsty thats such good news! im mega pleased for you you deffo deserved it as well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm back from California! Just landed this morning, I am shattered but trying to make it until 6pm before I crash!

Pretty nervous about results now I'm back... Reckon I might be ringing up to beg them to let me in come Thursday morning.

ReputationRep:
    got a big envelope from bristol today most of it was registration crap, but there was a nice little booklet from centaur.

ReputationRep:
    6 days 'till results :|. Plus i've bought the majority of my things for uni, so if i don't get in, not only will i be devastated, but it will also be a very expensive mistake. I just want it to hurry up, i'm fed up of waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    wow kirsty thats such good news! im mega pleased for you you deffo deserved it as well!
    Thank you =) if you're goin next year it means we'd be in first year together, if u went liverpool that is lol. =) very excited now xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    got a big envelope from bristol today most of it was registration crap, but there was a nice little booklet from centaur.
    me tooooo :woo:

ReputationRep:
    wow, havent been on here for ages

well I havent gotten anything from Brizzle

so scarred about results, gah!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.