Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    woooo well done!
    I wonder whether Nottingham have a few spare places from people not meeting the grades? I suppose people who have interviewed then rejected get given them.

I might ring and check as actually going to Nottingham would be so much closer than the pool.

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone! And yes, don't worry to those who didn't get in. getting an Unconditional is AMAZING: NO STRESS!! And a gap year is awesome as well Chin up!

ReputationRep:
    wow thats awesome KurzyK

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham I always knew we were meant for each other! xD

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    AHH I"M SOO HAPPPY FOR EVERY! - WELL DONE )))

We'r gonna be VETSSSSSSS WHOOOO!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone with the grades! Hope resits go well for those without them, and that's amazing KurzyK :woo:

Got AABB now, hopefully reapplying now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Well done everyone with the grades! Hope resits go well for those without them, and that's amazing KurzyK :woo:

Got AABB now, hopefully reapplying now
    wellll done

good luck on your re-application, give me a shout if u want any help with your PS or anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    No Gateway programmes for me...

SINCE NOTTINGHAM CALLED ME AT 9 AM ASKING FOR ME TO CONFIRM MY RESULTS AS THEY WANT ME THERE STRAIGHT AWAY! THEY SAID I'VE DONE SO WELL THERE WOULD BE NO POINT IN ME GOING FOR THE GATEWAY PROGRAMME AND THEY OFFERED ME A PLACE ON THE 5 YEAR COURSE.

AND I TOOK IT! XD
    thats amazing!! what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit late but I got in too :woo: RVC here I come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    thats amazing!! what did you get?

I got an A in biology, a B in chemistry, an A in german and an A* in polish.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in biology, a B in chemistry, an A in german and an A* in polish.
    nice! no wonder they let you skip the gateway year, why didnt they give you an offer for that in the first place?
    why did you take polish A level?

ReputationRep:
    nice! no wonder they let you skip the gateway year, why didnt they give you an offer for that in the first place?
    why did you take polish A level?
    Well, I applied to the 5year course at Nottingham AND to the gateway. Nottingham rejected me straight away without a word and I got an interview for the gateway which is the same as the Nottingham interviews, so thats why they probably offered me a place now. They didnt accept me the first time round because my grades were too low for them and I know that because, even though they didnt tell me, if you apply to Nottingham AND to Nottingham gateway at the same time you won't be accepted onto the gateway if you got rejected from normal course at Nottingham for anything else than your grades. So my grades were too low for them at first and thats why I got into the gateway probably. Its not that I didnt have enough experience or anything else, it was the grades. Now they told me my grades are good enough. xD

I did the polish a level because its pretty much the same as the polish a-level in Poland and since I cant do that, I decided to do the english one since its so similar: though its different than the english a-levels in german/french/spanish. I wanted to catch up on all the books I havent read in the past few years and just even out the difference in that between me and my friends. It was pretty much something I did for myself to proove that I can and to see how good my polish is. :yep:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Well, I applied to the 5year course at Nottingham AND to the gateway. Nottingham rejected me straight away without a word and I got an interview for the gateway which is the same as the Nottingham interviews, so thats why they probably offered me a place now. They didnt accept me the first time round because my grades were too low for them and I know that because, even though they didnt tell me, if you apply to Nottingham AND to Nottingham gateway at the same time you won't be accepted onto the gateway if you got rejected from normal course at Nottingham for anything else than your grades. So my grades were too low for them at first and thats why I got into the gateway probably. Its not that I didnt have enough experience or anything else, it was the grades. Now they told me my grades are good enough. xD

I did the polish a level because its pretty much the same as the polish a-level in Poland and since I cant do that, I decided to do the english one since its so similar: though its different than the english a-levels in german/french/spanish. I wanted to catch up on all the books I havent read in the past few years and just even out the difference in that between me and my friends. It was pretty much something I did for myself to proove that I can and to see how good my polish is. :yep:

Thing is they did the same to me, rejected me from the main, yet my as grades were good enough, I got AAAB. So its bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Thing is they did the same to me, rejected me from the main, yet my as grades were good enough, I got AAAB. So its bizarre.

I don't know how it works then, I thought what I just wrote made sense, but I forgot about your case. :confused:

ReputationRep:

that makes sense. i guess jades case was just an exception.

so its more like english people doing english a level? clearly you're pretty good at it

ReputationRep:
    that makes sense. i guess jades case was just an exception.

so its more like english people doing english a level? clearly you're pretty good at it

I dont really know what the english lang and eng lit a-levels are like but I suppose its pretty much like that. :yep:

I hope they will phone up someone and give them my ex-place on the gateway!

ReputationRep:
    I can't actually believe my grades... I was so worried I wasn't going to get AAB.

ReputationRep:
    what did ya get? was it better?

ReputationRep:
    Got a phone call from Liverpool this morning and got given an offer! Was amazinggggg! Never cried so much am going to be a vet! Didn't even care about my results- A*A*AAB
    See you lot in a month LUVs
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    OHHH WOW. See you there x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.