The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Omg I'm going to be a Cambridge vet! I got A*AA =D soooo mega happy and my boyfriend got A*A*A* - the nerd! So we are off to Cambs together even if he is a medic =p
Well done :biggrin:. Eeee I am so excited. Cannot believe it after all the heartbreak I had with rejections!
Congratulations to everyone who made there offers and a special Congrats to the ones who got offers. Well done kurzyk! Got my freshers pack today, soo excited now.
And if anyone has missed there offer then dont worry its not the end.:smile:
huge congratulations to everyone who has got a place at vet school next year - especially all the very exciting people who got unexpected offers! :smile:
Reply 6044
Congrats everybody, very exciting :smile: Particularly all you lucky lucky people who are off to Nottingham :wink:
i'm off to greece tomorow to volunteer at a turtle recuse centre for 4 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 6046
Annaconda
i'm off to greece tomorow to volunteer at a turtle recuse centre for 4 weeks :biggrin:

sounds awsum! think of all the sun! lol have fun :smile:
Reply 6047
VL86
Congrats everybody, very exciting :smile: Particularly all you lucky lucky people who are off to Nottingham :wink:

Aren't we the luckiest people in the world? :p:
Reply 6048
Kurzyk
Aren't we the luckiest people in the world? :p:

We are. You're similar to me as you've been moved into Nottingham a year earlier than expected, although you were originally on the gateway course. How you finding trying to get everything sorted? When the massive envelope of stuff came in my postbox today I was like oh my god , this will take a long time to read through lol. So chuffed about going this year though
Reply 6049
Auraya
We are. You're similar to me as you've been moved into Nottingham a year earlier than expected, although you were originally on the gateway course. How you finding trying to get everything sorted? When the massive envelope of stuff came in my postbox today I was like oh my god , this will take a long time to read through lol. So chuffed about going this year though

OOooooi! You're the other person then! I know there's only 3 of us, so there's one other lucky dude out there in the same situation as us!

It took me a long time to sort everything out to be honest, my ucas track is now in clearing and I'm waiting for Nottingham to do some magic there since I've added them as my clearing choice now. I was freaking out yesterday cause they told me I'd get an email in the evening and I didn't and I left a message at the Lincoln Uni but they didn't get it cause when I phoned them today to make sure they didn't have a clue of what I was talking about and and and... :eek3: So much stuff to take care of now! Student finance to sort out AGAIN arghhh! And accomodation! What on earth will we do about accomodation!

I got the pack today as well, I was so impressed with how quickly it got to me. :yep:
I haven't had my pack yet :/
Reply 6051
Kurzyk
OOooooi! You're the other person then! I know there's only 3 of us, so there's one other lucky dude out there in the same situation as us!

It took me a long time to sort everything out to be honest, my ucas track is now in clearing and I'm waiting for Nottingham to do some magic there since I've added them as my clearing choice now. I was freaking out yesterday cause they told me I'd get an email in the evening and I didn't and I left a message at the Lincoln Uni but they didn't get it cause when I phoned them today to make sure they didn't have a clue of what I was talking about and and and... :eek3: So much stuff to take care of now! Student finance to sort out AGAIN arghhh! And accomodation! What on earth will we do about accomodation!

I got the pack today as well, I was so impressed with how quickly it got to me. :yep:

When Nottingham updates to say you're going this year you apply for accommodation online. It's only the more expensive ones that haven't already definitely been reassigned

I need to start student finance :eek3: I hadn't done it because I was meant to be going next year lol

Hope they update it all for you though

and yeah so was I, just a lot to do in a short space of time

nicola92
I haven't had my pack yet :/

That's odd. Some of the stuff we got sent you might already have though as you've held an offer for this year from May ish time
Reply 6052
Don't worry Nottingham people - there is still enough time for you to do all these things, although I know at first it feels a bit like arrrrgh so much stuff! If you're not sure about something or haven't received info just give the vet school a ring - I was away last year so had none of the stuff with me and kept ringing the office and they were lovely and helpful! :smile:
oh it's okay, someone else hasn't received the pack yet. they did say we would get it at the end of results week though :s-smilie: if it's not here on monday i'll give them a call
Reply 6054
nicola92
oh it's okay, someone else hasn't received the pack yet. they did say we would get it at the end of results week though :s-smilie: if it's not here on monday i'll give them a call

It's most likely the English postal service being annoying as usual
Auraya
It's most likely the English postal service being annoying as usual

haha yeah :smile: what's in the pack?
Reply 6056
Auraya
When Nottingham updates to say you're going this year you apply for accommodation online. It's only the more expensive ones that haven't already definitely been reassigned

I need to start student finance :eek3: I hadn't done it because I was meant to be going next year lol

Hope they update it all for you though

and yeah so was I, just a lot to do in a short space of time

That's odd. Some of the stuff we got sent you might already have though as you've held an offer for this year from May ish time

I suppose I only have to change the course online when it comes to student finance cause everything has been sorted out for the gateway already, I did it reaaaally early. (for once in my life? :P:smile: :yep:

Im really worried about the accomodation now. :eek:
Reply 6057
Congratulations to everyone again! I'm still really quite excited :smile:

Felt it was time to change my sig too!
Reply 6058
nicola92
haha yeah :smile: what's in the pack?

Student handbook , vaccination thingys, order form for clothes etc. thing about VetSoc and a lot of information really

Kurzyk
I suppose I only have to change the course online when it comes to student finance cause everything has been sorted out for the gateway already, I did it reaaaally early. (for once in my life? :P:smile: :yep:

Im really worried about the accomodation now. :eek:

It'll be fine I'm sure :smile: We're going to Vet school :woo: Don't be stressed be excited!!!
Reply 6059
Auraya
Student handbook , vaccination thingys, order form for clothes etc. thing about VetSoc and a lot of information really

It'll be fine I'm sure :smile: We're going to Vet school :woo: Don't be stressed be excited!!!

Believe me, that gets me through every single day at work. :yep:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :woo:

Latest