The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6080
starlight3
I joined a couple...at least i thought i did and then facebook messed up and i was too annoyed with it to check! I dont think they had anything like 70 members though so could you send me the link please :biggrin:..where abouts are you staying?? Im in private accomadation because i wanted self catering and i kind of paniced when they gave me catered and booked a room straight away in private - so im kind of hoping i still meet people!

im in d&r self catered, i got my first choice because i was on a gap year so my offer was unconditional. Im sure you'll still meet people even being in private accomodation... come hang out in R block with me! lol
my horse is going tomorrow, its all so real that i'm moving out now! I'm happy that she is going to a LOVELY place though!

everyday i order something for uni, i ordered a memory stick today! haa!
Reply 6082
Rachhyyyy
my horse is going tomorrow, its all so real that i'm moving out now! I'm happy that she is going to a LOVELY place though!

everyday i order something for uni, i ordered a memory stick today! haa!

i have 72p in my bank account so i cant buy anything for uni without going into my overdraft!!! damn being poor!
I'm staying in dale hall which is catered :smile:
starfall
im in d&r self catered, i got my first choice because i was on a gap year so my offer was unconditional. Im sure you'll still meet people even being in private accomodation... come hang out in R block with me! lol

I might end up doing that!..im in Larch house which is a UNITE place near Uni it seems ok - but just not very big! What did you do in your gap year?

..and ye i keep getting given things for uni - apparently my grandma has boxes of stuff shes collected for me!
Reply 6085
starlight3
I might end up doing that!..im in Larch house which is a UNITE place near Uni it seems ok - but just not very big! What did you do in your gap year?

..and ye i keep getting given things for uni - apparently my grandma has boxes of stuff shes collected for me!

i worked for most of my gap year at mc donalds and volunteered at the seal sanctuary then went to texas for 2 months to work on a summer camp! been a busy year, cant wait to start liv tho!
I work at mcds :wink:
woooooooooow texas! thats quite a long way away! I went to India for 3 weeks last summer and that was long enough for me :P! I feel a little left out of the working at mc donalds thing..i work at boyes - i dont know if youl even have heard of it..i think its quite regional. Its kind of like a downmarket department store..
i don't have a job...i don't know if i'll have time at uni to get one either, hmmm
Reply 6089
nicola92
i don't have a job...i don't know if i'll have time at uni to get one either, hmmm

i dont have a job anymore.... lol it means im poor all the time and i know what you mean about trying to fit one in at uni, i might leave it for the first term then try and find one second term when i;ve settled in a bit more :smile:
in other news... my new laptop is aaaaawsum :woo:
I've heard of boyes :biggrin:.
Boyes :love:

I went home for five days last month and demanded to go...twice :biggrin:
hmmm yeh im glad i didnt go travelling, means i have some savings to buy different buits and bobs for uni, you dont realise how many things you need until you start working it all out (and using the TSR list) I want to stil have things at home aswell cuz i dont want to have to bring LOADS of stuff back if i come back for a weekend or for holidays just be easier!

its quite exciting getting parcels in the post, and going shopping :biggrin:

im just about to go and load up my horse, no more horse :frown: sad times!
skatealexia
I looked at last years list which gives you an idea if you want me to link you to it, but no.

Hello people.
I am also going to liverpool!! :woo:

The kit list would be great if anyone could pass it on..., I haven't a clue what to bring, apart from pencil case and a few facy dress outfits, hahaha.

Canm't wait to meet everone :smile:
Rachhyyyy
im just about to go and load up my horse, no more horse :frown: sad times!

My sisters horse went to her new home this morning and someone's coming to try mine on Monday :frown: Very sad!
Reply 6095
starlight3

Hmmm...UNITE's abit dodgy....make sure when you check in that you write on the form something like 'Black marks and blue tack stains on every single surface including walls, floors and ceilings'. Just to make sure you get your money back at the end of the year. I've spent the last week and a 1/2 trying to get mine. They charged everyone in our building for a hole in the communal wall...apparently it cost them £1500 to fill in this hole !!

Although maybe its not the same in all UNITE halls...good old Mary B :P
Reply 6096
bethanybex
Hello people.
I am also going to liverpool!! :woo:

The kit list would be great if anyone could pass it on..., I haven't a clue what to bring, apart from pencil case and a few facy dress outfits, hahaha.

Canm't wait to meet everone :smile:

All Ive packed is a few folders, fancy dress outfits and a bottle opener. the rest will fall into place hahaha.
the few folders is an understatement actually. I work in a stationery shop so I have loaaaaddds of that jus no pans, plates etc. and no student finance sorted yet eeeeek. prob see you on freshers :smile:
Reply 6097
Nicole89
Hmmm...UNITE's abit dodgy....make sure when you check in that you write on the form something like 'Black marks and blue tack stains on every single surface including walls, floors and ceilings'. Just to make sure you get your money back at the end of the year. I've spent the last week and a 1/2 trying to get mine. They charged everyone in our building for a hole in the communal wall...apparently it cost them £1500 to fill in this hole !!

Although maybe its not the same in all UNITE halls...good old Mary B :P

Good advice - I will remember this!! :p:
Reply 6098
http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/49/school-news-articles/46326/student-on-track-to-become-one-of-uks-first-vocationally-trained-vets

check this out people. My college tutor from last year submitted it without me knowing I loveeee it. have a gander. also can I point out that they got a few things a teensy bit wrong, Im 21 in four weeks not yet tut tut and that I'll be doing exactly the same vet course as everyone else after the prevet course this year its just that Im vocationally trained up to this point haha. mega excited now :smile:
Reply 6099

Latest

Trending

Trending