Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    aww that's a really nice article :p: not only now a vet student, but a famous one too
    hahaha not sure about famous but I love it, thanks. last time I felt like this I was on animal arrivals on tv lmao. bring on uni woop woop only published it because this is goin to be my reminder to keep going through the long nights of study when all I want to do is sleep. got everyone behind me, cant be better than that. we're all going to be vets. bring it on I say :P xx

ReputationRep:
    haii all again, no idea who got the grades but hopefully all of you
    Im with starfall skiiint, re-started work though, so should be £500 up in 2 weeks though there are way to many welcome home/going to uni partys!!
    I also live to far to come home weekends so will only come back christmas, though 1 week will be skiing. And I have enough time for a job there
    feels weird that im not doing vet med, but spoke to reggie a 4th year who lives near me and he says we do all the same things really, and even get trips to NZ and SA...unis gonna be immense, also we're doing a pub crawl around new castle on our way to the burge for AVS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    hahaha not sure about famous but I love it, thanks. last time I felt like this I was on animal arrivals on tv lmao. bring on uni woop woop only published it because this is goin to be my reminder to keep going through the long nights of study when all I want to do is sleep. got everyone behind me, cant be better than that. we're all going to be vets. bring it on I say :P xx

Aah yep a bit of late night studying motivation :p: I can't wait for vet school either, it's coming round scarily fast though :eek: and after three years of applying I can finally tell people I'm a vet student too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    Aah yep a bit of late night studying motivation :p: I can't wait for vet school either, it's coming round scarily fast though :eek: and after three years of applying I can finally tell people I'm a vet student too x
    Its fab isnt it after a few let downs its worth sticking by it. everyone wanted me to accept that zoology offer but I know Id be stuck with a zoology degree and no money to pay full tuition fees for the vet school so I planned another gap year til this came along

Trying to sort out accommodation now tho which is an absolute nightmare because theyre classing me as a clearing student even though Im not, its there fault that we all found out so late...not that I mind I just dont want to be stuck with no where to live. Just had an email saying that all self catered accommodation has been allocated. really not happy if I end up in catered coz I like to cook for myself and eat when I want and with studying 18 miles away from the accommodation I'll struggle to meet the times of set meals. what a pain. lol. mini rant over, Im going to vet school that should be all that matters I guess :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    All Ive packed is a few folders, fancy dress outfits and a bottle opener. the rest will fall into place hahaha.
    the few folders is an understatement actually. I work in a stationery shop so I have loaaaaddds of that jus no pans, plates etc. and no student finance sorted yet eeeeek. prob see you on freshers
    AAAAAHHHH, I LOVE STATIONARY!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanybex)
    AAAAAHHHH, I LOVE STATIONARY!!!!!!
    hahaha me too. which is rather geeky considering I work with it all the time. well until I go to uni anyway
    is this bethany bexon? think I just commented on your wall post on the liverpool vet page on facebook if so :P

ReputationRep:
    So difficult to catch up this thread after two months!
    First of all, congratulations to all that received the grades/offers they wanted.
    Secondly, commiserations to those who were just short. Still, now you have a year to improve yourself, to retake any modules and make yourself really stand out. Look at it as the good thing it is [: Even if you just missed your place, you might still work on feedback you gained this year, as it'll only improve your chances at re-applying.
    Any advice you need can be answered. Utilise this summer, it's golden time before you submit your application. Make it count [:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    First of all, congratulations to all that received the grades/offers they wanted.
    Secondly, commiserations to those who were just short. Still, now you have a year to improve yourself, to retake any modules and make yourself really stand out. Look at it as the good thing it is [: Even if you just missed your place, you might still work on feedback you gained this year, as it'll only improve your chances at re-applying.
    Any advice you need can be answered. Utilise this summer, it's golden time before you submit your application. Make it count [:
    you back from america?

ReputationRep:
    I met jon and dave in san diego, they met you in san francisco...we were like, ha we have friends in common, you ant this kiwi guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I met jon and dave in san diego, they met you in san francisco...we were like, ha we have friends in common, you ant this kiwi guy!
    How bizarre. I remember Dave, spent a day or so with him, but can't place a Jon for the life of me!

(Original post by Annaconda)
    you back from america?
    No, flying home tomorrow, but finally reunited with my laptop; I left it at a relatives when I left Portland, and only finally got back to it! How's Greece?

ReputationRep:
    How bizarre. I remember Dave, spent a day or so with him, but can't place a Jon for the life of me!

No, flying home tomorrow, but finally reunited with my laptop; I left it at a relatives when I left Portland, and only finally got back to it! How's Greece?
    greece is amazing, but i can tell its gonna go really quickly now

ReputationRep:
    just got my accom offer for bristol - 115 queens road. i dont want to live there

ReputationRep:
    just got my accom offer for bristol - 115 queens road. i dont want to live there
    ah why?
    was it not any of your choices?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    greece is amazing, but i can tell its gonna go really quickly now
    i'm so incredibly jealous of you.

ReputationRep:
    Goldney

ReputationRep:
    sorted my accommodation today after ringing a lovely lady at the office who said Id been put down as priority but missed off the list so I have my first choice, on campus, self catered and its a separate little house of 8 first years hello mulberry court, chestnut house I think its called

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    ah why?
    was it not any of your choices?
    nope, its not too bad though, could be much worse.

my mum told me something wierd though, today at my riding school she met someone who heard her talking about me last week and she is also going to be a bristol vet! apparantly she knows who i am but idont have a clue who she is!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where avs is this year ?

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats amazing can you apply in october for entry onto that course in september 2011?hope you enjoy it Im desperate to do the same!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.