Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sami4132)
    Oh good, I was hoping it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but most of the vet schools say in their work experience section that you should do lambing, so I wasn't sure. And plus, considering how much confidence some of your farms had in you without even being a vet student yet, it sounds like their pretty open to you learning as you go (hopefully :rolleyes: )
    Hah, they don't care if you are a vet student or not, you are just an extra pair of hands! and if you prove you are responsible, they'll let you have responsibility. :woo: Tis definately a good placement to get if you havent yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    The equine vet I was with over Christmas vaccinated every horse he visited against influenza every year and tetanus every two years.
    *noted* thanks alot

My main veterinary practice didn't use pre-meds, but others I went to did; so what pre-meds do you usually use? Is there a list anywhere?

I've heard of ACP and Lindocaine (cocaine:woo:)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. Still don't get exactly how to fill in Bristol work exp form.

Top Bit makes sense.

But the columns at the bottom ?

If on the same placement we have done both Beef and stables for example do I just write 1 week twice?

What is supposed to be written in the first left hand column, below the Farm etc?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    its so long since glasgow, im having to COMPLETLY Re-prep for Edinburgh.... I seriously have a memory like a goldfish when it comes to things i dont want to remember

ReputationRep:
    worst 24 hours ever
    got home from the seal sanctuary yesterday and found my dog collapsed in my front room, unable to stand up and yelping in pain so we rushed him to the vets and eventually agreed to try some stronger steroid pain killers for a few days in the hope he'd improve a lot
    then i got a phone call from my mum at 5.30 this morning to say they were taking my dog to the out of hours vets coz he'd been screaming in pain, i dont think ive ever got out of bed and dressed so fast
    he got put to sleep just after 6am this morning at the grand old age of 14 years 11 months :sadnod:
    i know it was the right thing to do but it doesnt make it any easier, i can barely remember not having him around

ReputationRep:
    I seriously need to begin my interview prep in earnest, but I keep dotting around from bit to bit. It's ages since my last one, I'm the same Rachy, I have a memory like a sieve

Edit: Chloe I'm really sorry to hear about your dog! That's awful news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Don't you mean "if they like large animal, I like Bristol"? :p:
    Kinda but when I was writing that it didn't have the same ring to it I suppose your version does make more sense

ReputationRep:
    Booking my holiday on friday, yayayayayay .

Steph, you decided to go to Gumbet in the end?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    Oh no that's awful, I'm so sorry, it's horrible when these things happen hope you're ok :console:

ReputationRep:
    Back from RVC... first non-Liverpool interview and I don't really know what to think. I would say started well, not great middle and a good finish. They seemed to be playing good cop/ bad cop but I think I managed to break through the "bad cops" mask at the end!!!

ohhh... I don't know..... Steph what happened in your RVC interview to make you think it went so badly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Sorry. Still don't get exactly how to fill in Bristol work exp form.

Top Bit makes sense.

But the columns at the bottom ?

If on the same placement we have done both Beef and stables for example do I just write 1 week twice?

What is supposed to be written in the first left hand column, below the Farm etc?

Thanks
    I went to a beef and sheep farm so wrote 1 week in both comlumns and in the first left hand comlumn I wrote the name of the farm or stables or whatever the place was!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about your dog, Chloe :hugs:

Ugh. I'm trying to explain the deeper meaning of the film Goodbye Lenin in German and have to write 400 words. I've written about 250, and said everything I can possibly think of. I hate writing essays in silly subjects like this.
    [/rant] :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Back from RVC... first non-Liverpool interview and I don't really know what to think. I would say started well, not great middle and a good finish. They seemed to be playing good cop/ bad cop but I think I managed to break through the "bad cops" mask at the end!!!
    Did you just have two interviewers?

ReputationRep:
    so so sorry to hear that chloe

and wow i went to bed early last night and just had to catch up on at least 10 pages lol!
    going back to other work exp people being around, we had a girl from an animal college start her week yesterday and oh my god she made me so nervous! i could feel her watching everything i did, so i ended up stabbing myself with a microchip needle (bloody OW) and bleeding everwhere and just generally tripping over stuff and being a total tit. it's so weird explaining stuff to her like anaesthetics and scrubbing up and things that they probs won't even let her do this week - it's taken them about 6 months to let me do things like that lol! it's alright at other practices i've been to because there have been at least 3/4 vets but the one i'm at it's literally just the 1 guy who owns it and it just got a bit cramped yday. lambing soon!!! wooo march 10th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckybob)
    Booking my holiday on friday, yayayayayay .

Steph, you decided to go to Gumbet in the end?

x
    Well, I'm not 100% sure I'll be going anymore. In fact, I'm 99% sure I won't be, because I won't be able to afford it. I was thinking of doing some work experience abroad instead, especially if I don't get in this year. Where are you going? Gumbet?

(Original post by Talon19921992)

ohhh... I don't know..... Steph what happened in your RVC interview to make you think it went so badly?
    It was just awful. They asked really specific questions and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the order or way they were asking the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sami4132)
    Did you just have two interviewers?
    Yep 2

ReputationRep:
    ooooooo i cant wait for notts offers... is it the last interview date tomorrow? or is there one in march?

ive been reading thorugh my big book of interview research.. although i do stil have 2.5weeks til edinburgh! off to see this farmer about my houers and pay and stuff for lambing later tonight.. i hope i get weekends off :p:!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    worst 24 hours ever
    got home from the seal sanctuary yesterday and found my dog collapsed in my front room, unable to stand up and yelping in pain so we rushed him to the vets and eventually agreed to try some stronger steroid pain killers for a few days in the hope he'd improve a lot
    then i got a phone call from my mum at 5.30 this morning to say they were taking my dog to the out of hours vets coz he'd been screaming in pain, i dont think ive ever got out of bed and dressed so fast
    he got put to sleep just after 6am this morning at the grand old age of 14 years 11 months :sadnod:
    i know it was the right thing to do but it doesnt make it any easier, i can barely remember not having him around
    Oh, I'm so sorry...
    I know just how it feels to not have an animal around that you sort of thought would always be there. I still haven't gotten over my cat, hopefully you feel better soon though.

In other news, I totally screwed up one of my exams today because I was looking at a broken clock and thought I had more time than I actually did. xD

ReputationRep:
    See some of you at Nottingham tomorrow! Very nervous...

ReputationRep:
    :goodluck: for interviews tomorrow You'll all be awesome :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.