Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about your dog starfall

And good luck on interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Aww cool! Looking forward to Bristol if they just want to talk about large animal stuff....my specialty :p:
    i was asked masses of large animal stuff. they asked me about dairy farming even though i hadnt written anywhere that i'd done some! also a lot about pigs and a bit about alpacas

i got guide to dissection of the dog today

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new to this whole forum thing.. but I'm curious to know if anyone is thinking of accepting Edinburgh? And how many people have heard from Bristol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrinam1)
    Hi, I'm new to this whole forum thing.. but I'm curious to know if anyone is thinking of accepting Edinburgh? And how many people have heard from Bristol..
    Welcome to the forum Where have you applied? Are you a first time applicant? Congratulations on the Edinburgh offer!

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned that I have pig w/e in my PS which didn't happen, I've said I'm going to a vets in Canada which isn't happening coz of maths re-sit, and I've also said our farm is 200 acers when it's acctaully 1,500 acers...My PS lies

My feedback from last year siad I needed to improve my farm w/e, even though I answerd every Q on farm animals correcttly, and that was before I'de ever done indoor lambing!!

Deliverd a quadriplet (4 lamb :? ) yesterday, all alive, the first ever I've come across with the 4 of them healthy and alive. I put my hand in and felt 6 legs 2 heads and a tail!
    Last night was a nightmare though, they didnt stop lambing all night!!!

I do hope I dont get asked about horses or pigs...

ReputationRep:
    im so sorry about your dog chloe

lambing today was good . i love the people im with,,,theyre amazing!
    one of them said "vegetarians are rare arent they?" LOLLLLL oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    On the Bristol interview thing.....they asked me nothing on large animals not one thing even though i have a hell of a lot of LA work exp. I was very surprised on what my bristol interview was like actually it was what i thought a cambridge interview would be like: lots and lots of science qs, why i want to a vet and one case i saw.
    Of course it varies from person to person loads of people on here had excellent bristol interviews so don't despair i am sure the rest of you waiting to have your interviews will breeze it.

ReputationRep:
    oooooooo brits tonight. my lovely florence is performing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i was asked masses of large animal stuff. they asked me about dairy farming even though i hadnt written anywhere that i'd done some! also a lot about pigs and a bit about alpacas

i got guide to dissection of the dog today
    Which one did you get?? I got my one yesterday, the newest evans de Lahunta...I love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    I went to a beef and sheep farm so wrote 1 week in both comlumns and in the first left hand comlumn I wrote the name of the farm or stables or whatever the place was!
    Ah alright. I created my own table, and am sending it off tomorrow

So I just wrote name of place-beef& stables --1 week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    On the Bristol interview thing.....they asked me nothing on large animals not one thing even though i have a hell of a lot of LA work exp. I was very surprised on what my bristol interview was like actually it was what i thought a cambridge interview would be like: lots and lots of science qs, why i want to a vet and one case i saw.
    Of course it varies from person to person loads of people on here had excellent bristol interviews so don't despair i am sure the rest of you waiting to have your interviews will breeze it.
    Its like they try to ask you on the things they expect you not to have looked up. If you have lots of LA, and not much SA, they may pick up on that, and vice versa. Yay If its like a cambridge interview i'll be fine...I hope! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about your dog starfall.

Well done on the Bristol offers! Still waiting to hear but of course it's early days still.

See some of you tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Its like they try to ask you on the things they expect you not to have looked up. If you have lots of LA, and not much SA, they may pick up on that, and vice versa. Yay If its like a cambridge interview i'll be fine...I hope! :p:
    I have a lot of both honestly so i wouldn't say that was the case...the stuff they asked me on my work exp was the most basic of all my interviews really and ironically the one i cocked up the most:p:

ReputationRep:
    RVC interview tomorrow..... aargh so nervous!!!
    anyone else going RVC tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I got my Cambridge interview feedback today, it was actually really positive, and very useful. Not at all like the generic 'so many applicants per place' useless rubbish I was expecting.

I'm in two minds about what I would like to have in my Bristol interview. On the one hand I would love a nice chat about work ex, and then expanding on that etc. I would quite happily talk about sciencey stuff too, like a Cambridge interview style, which is apparently quite popular at Bristol! But I have no idea whether I would do that well with that. So we'll see. At the end of the day I will just have to see how it goes!

Gosh, that was such a ramble about nothing Chemistry is making my mind go foggy. Back to analysis I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    Which one did you get?? I got my one yesterday, the newest evans de Lahunta...I love it
    thats the one i got. just been looking through the pictures and imagining my dog looking like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I got my Cambridge interview feedback today, it was actually really positive, and very useful. Not at all like the generic 'so many applicants per place' useless rubbish I was expecting.

I'm in two minds about what I would like to have in my Bristol interview. On the one hand I would love a nice chat about work ex, and then expanding on that etc. I would quite happily talk about sciencey stuff too, like a Cambridge interview style, which is apparently quite popular at Bristol! But I have no idea whether I would do that well with that. So we'll see. At the end of the day I will just have to see how it goes!

Gosh, that was such a ramble about nothing Chemistry is making my mind go foggy. Back to analysis I think...
    Oak what did they say? I heard this year both Clare and Emma had 50 vet apps EACH! and considering they only have like 70 places in total is crazy! So anyone that got a interview did really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Oak what did they say? I heard this year both Clare and Emma had 50 vet apps EACH! and considering they only have like 70 places in total is crazy! So anyone that got a interview did really well
    Yeah Emma had 49 apps, 4 offers and 6 pooled (4 got offers). Crazy! Basically they were really complementary about me, but just said that my science knowledge let me down, which is fair. Maybe they said that to everyone though! :o: At any rate it was useful for further interviews. I honestly expected feedback to be really rubbish stuff about how many applicants they get, and how they always have more suitable candidates than places etc. So I was pleasantly surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not sure with the Cambridge interviews... I heard that they interview 80% of all applicants, so getting an interview at Cambs isn't quite the same as getting one at the other unis. The others cut down a lot before interview and then give a higher percent of interviewees offers, whereas Cambs gives a lot of interviews and then not as a high a percent of offers (I think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    thats the one i got. just been looking through the pictures and imagining my dog looking like that
    Wait til you do dissections :woo: Its good to see all the things in the book...but in the dog in front of you

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.