Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    Just seen this!
    They have brought in an optional titre test which you can ask your vet to do before having your animal vaccinated.
    Because different animals have differing immunity levels following the same vaccines, this test can tell the vet whether a booster vaccination if necessary for that year or can be performed at a later date.
    The titre tests are basically blood tests to test the concentration of the disease antigens currently present and so represent an immunity level to this disease.
    The titre tests can prevent the need for costly annual boosters. They obviously cost money to run but for a a big veterinary clinic with in-house testing facilities, this cost should not be huge!

Not sure how freely they do these tests, I'm pretty sure they don't offer them out willy nilly!
    Thought it was quite interesting as I didn't know about them til a couple of weeks ago, might ask the vet next time my dog needs boosters
    Thanks for that
    This would seem to make more sense than just vaccinating for no reason.Although, it may be cheaper just to revaccinate regardless of whether or not it is useful(except I read that boosters can have other effects e.g. increase chance of tumours developing with some vaccines, so it may actually not be best to do this), than to have these tests perfomed on many animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    *sighs* this countryside versus townie attitude is tiring, you guys are making up teams that don't exist.

Beth - actually, I didn't neg Rach. I repped her, because I felt that she had been wrongly negged simply for having an opinion. But had you read what I actually put, which would be asking a lot, you would have known that
    I don't know if you understand the concept of a debate, but if someone can produce what I consider a more valid argument than me I'm perfectly happy to consider changing my opinion. This didn't happen, and we both decided to leave the matter be. Again, you evidently didn't read that, because despite only responding once to her post, I'm 'going on and on'. I simply responded with my views because I didn't feel her responses were satisfactory, but if that's 'talking through my hat' (an expression I hear so rarely it must just be a thing you 'country girls' use, maybe, for such madness does not occur in the town...) then I make very good use of my hat.
    I never 'had a go at her'. If you really knew what you were talking about, you'd know that she made it far more personal than I did. I'm talking objectively, not subjectively.
    nope not a country girl thing,a translation that obv is just a welsh thing, FAIL i suppose :o:
    You responed more then once...but as said, I'm gonna shut up now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    nope not a country girl thing,a translation that obv is just a welsh thing, FAIL i suppose :o:
    I felt I wrote this in a manner that was pretty obvious as sarcastic. I'll try and point it out for you in future, so you don't get confused :yep:

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    You responed more then once...but as said, I'm gonna shut up now!
    Right, you're now displaying wonderful abilities (just so you know, I'm being sarcastic. Does that make things easier?) at not only being incapable of reading, but also counting. I asked her some direct questions, she replied and then so did I. That makes my response total to her post...urm...one?

Congratulations, I'm now no longer being entirely objective. All the personal, childish and inaccurate insults directed at me have resulted in me mocking you. But I'm better at it than you are *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I feel old!
    I don't even know what repping and negging is??

Do you get an email saying someone doesn't like you or something? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I feel old!

I think people can give 'riches' to you, which increase your reputation points, and can also choose to negative rep you, which I assume takes away some of your riches...

You can chose to leave your name or not, but no its not an email or anything. :p:

I wouldn't see why anyone on here would have neg repped Rachy anyway. I think its best this saracasm and discusion on that issue stops because it isn't leading anywhere. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not suer either, but I think it has something to do with the little green dots on the side of the panel with your screen name...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...I'd agree with that! Is he a good lecturer? A friend of mine in her second year says he's really nice!
    I think he's reaally good :yep: and in dissections hes really involved and likes to tell us EVERYTHING he knows about one teeny things we've asked about :p:

The other day in dissection we had to remove the bottom jaw of a dog, cut through all the muscles we needed to but it was still hanging on...then Raymond came over and went 'you just do it like this!!! *rips off bottom jaw*'

ReputationRep:
    Since when have you guys become so childish on here? I think we definately need some more vet offers to bring back the more friendly mood!!! Come on unis!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    Since when have you guys become so childish on here? I think we definitely need some more vet offers to bring back the more friendly mood!!! Come on unis!!
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Can you blame them though?

But yer lighten up guys nothing worse than a virtual argument over the internet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah RVC hate again what fun, i really liked my rvc interview and the rvc in general for those still waiting for interviews. But i also love Glas
    I don't even bother getting involved on the debates here anymore far too much hastle.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I feel old!

(Original post by ViolinGirl)
    I think people can give 'riches' to you, which increase your reputation points, and can also choose to negative rep you, which I assume takes away some of your riches...

You can chose to leave your name or not, but no its not an email or anything. :p:

I wouldn't see why anyone on here would have neg repped Rachy anyway. I think its best this saracasm and discusion on that issue stops because it isn't leading anywhere. :o:

(Original post by sami4132)
    I'm not suer either, but I think it has something to do with the little green dots on the side of the panel with your screen name...
    :faq: theyre on the bar at the top right of the screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    Ah RVC hate again what fun, i really liked my rvc interview and the rvc in general for those still waiting for interviews. But i also love Glas
    I don't even bother getting involved on the debates here anymore far too much hastle.
    Aww.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't all these prestigious dog shows be abolished? Is it them essentially that is causing the inbreeding of pedigree dogs?

(Not intending to start a massive debate here btw):o:

ReputationRep:
    It's all in the FAQ. The reputation system works where users can score a post, positively (repping) or negatively (neg repping, negging), depending on whether or not they like the content of the post. It's anonymous for any non-subscriber, so you can choose whether or not to leave a message or even a name.
    Your rep power is determined by three factors, all explained here, and is represented by the red or green gems in the top right hand corner of a post. The more gems someone has, the more powerful they are. It's generally a way of viewing how valuable somebody's posts are likely to be, although this will obviously have exceptions.

The whole issue of rep started in this thread because it seems a few people negged Rach for her initial post of saying she was going to have her puppies docked; unfairly so, really, because everyone's perfectly entitled to express an opinion. That's why I repped her, to try and counteract that, as I suspect a few others did.
    However, the negging of my posts is doesn't appear to be because of the opinion, but simply because they don't like them. Instead of debating that publicly, they neg rep as it's more convenient.

(Original post by blahhh)
    The other day in dissection we had to remove the bottom jaw of a dog, cut through all the muscles we needed to but it was still hanging on...then Raymond came over and went 'you just do it like this!!! *rips off bottom jaw*'
    Lol!

Sounds like quite a good guy to have around

ReputationRep:
    I have to say you are all acting more and more like the medics in their medicine forum! (from what I read) Can't we just be nice and supportive...

What would Hugh Grant say/do/think?!? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Shouldn't all these prestigious dog shows be abolished? Is it them essentially that is causing the inbreeding of pedigree dogs?

(Not intending to start a massive debate here btw):o:
    I think thats why they stopped showing crufts on TV because so many people were against showing pedigree dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    What would Hugh Grant say/do/think?!? :p:
    I can't help but think of the scene in Nine Months when he fights Arnie the dinosaur :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but think of the scene in Nine Months when he fights Arnie the dinosaur :yep:
    I hadn't seen this before!!! Thank you for brightening up my life for a few brief seconds!!! :p:

Who is gonna get the 1000th post?

ReputationRep:
    Me with something completly irrelevant

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.