Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kookabura)
    First day on my own without the shepherd at the farm I am working at today, and no total disasters occured, the place was still in one piece when I left. Had to kill one lamb though But all in all pretty pleased I didn't totally mess up!

Have done sod all revision for my RVC interview so far though, and haven't got a clue when I am going to fit any in
    You had to kill one? How come? This your first time lambing?
    Bah you'll be fine for RVC.. but I will say - they vary ALOT! I got asked all farm stuff, and one of my friend got asked all ethical and small animal stuff. And they barely used my personal statement. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Yes, but when you nail your interview you can have lots of champagne! Why on earth you'd want champagne escapes me though; hate the stuff :o:
    I know how you feel though, but I have resigned myself to a gap year because I don't even have a Bristol interview. If by some chance you have to reapply then yours will come in as good practice
    Arghh, I'm rubbish at these 'cheer up' style posts.

On the upside, I've passed my theory test and have an invite to Notts for the biochem offers day - but still no offer on track :confused:
    i dont like champagne either, but after my bristol interview i drank loads of Jack Daniels and coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    You had to kill one? How come? This your first time lambing?
    Bah you'll be fine for RVC.. but I will say - they vary ALOT! I got asked all farm stuff, and one of my friend got asked all ethical and small animal stuff. And they barely used my personal statement. :o:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    Have done sod all revision for my RVC interview so far though, and haven't got a clue when I am going to fit any in
    My RVC interview was Wednesday and they used alot of my personal statement and talked a good bit about wildlife (cause thats where i have most of my non-veterinary experience). The 30 minutes flew, and by the time I had finished my interview at 3.45pm everyone else was gone and I had the tour by myself. I thought it was a nice place id love to go there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    My RVC interview was Wednesday and they used alot of my personal statement and talked a good bit about wildlife (cause thats where i have most of my non-veterinary experience). The 30 minutes flew, and by the time I had finished my interview at 3.45pm everyone else was gone and I had the tour by myself. I thought it was a nice place id love to go there.
    XD Nice.
    I think I just had a strange interview. Most people I know were asked alot on their personal statement. But we started my interview off with disease in cattle, and it seemed to stay on that for about 15-20 minutes.. with just the one interviewer grilling me! Eventually one of the other interveiwers was like '*cough* I think I should ask her some questions now!'.

I love RVC too. Did you have the whole 30 minutes? Mine was about 25 minutes I think.

ReputationRep:
    XD Nice.
    I think I just had a strange interview. Most people I know were asked alot on their personal statement. But we started my interview off with disease in cattle, and it seemed to stay on that for about 15-20 minutes.. with just the one interviewer grilling me! Eventually one of the other interveiwers was like '*cough* I think I should ask her some questions now!'.

I love RVC too. Did you have the whole 30 minutes? Mine was about 25 minutes I think.
    Im not sure i think it was around 30 minutes cause i got back to the eclipse building at 3.45 and my interview was at 3.10 but it was all a blur :lol:
    I have no idea how i did tho, from the sounds of it alot of people get on well at the RVC interviews. And the interviewers were laughing quite a bit.

Wonder how many offers theyll give out this year?

ReputationRep:
    :flower2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Your interviewers were laughing? Hah. Mine never cracked a smile! Blergh. I had all men, all clinicians! But I still think it went okay (I think!)

I reckon they'll give out about 45 offers, and then expect about 30-35 people to accept them.
    *total guess!*

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!! I wish u both loads of luck with Bristol-and for u guys that r waiting to hear- LOTS OF LUCK - Steph i'm sure ur gonna get at least one offer.. u really seem to knw ur stuff only advice I can give for Bristol is to be logical and work things out if you dont knw the answer str8 away- i spent most of mine saying i wasnt sure but i would guess that..... etc I was asked a whole load of stuff about animal welfare.. stuff that seems so obvious you wouldnt prep. for it.. but then seems a lot tricker wen its being asked at interview.. i was asked how I would know if a pig was not eating enough food and what i would do about it? wierd huh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    btw way Violin girl. would u chose Bristol over Cambridge????
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Thanks guys!! I wish u both loads of luck with Bristol-and for u guys that r waiting to hear- LOTS OF LUCK - Steph i'm sure ur gonna get at least one offer.. u really seem to knw ur stuff only advice I can give for Bristol is to be logical and work things out if you dont knw the answer str8 away- i spent most of mine saying i wasnt sure but i would guess that..... etc I was asked a whole load of stuff about animal welfare.. stuff that seems so obvious you wouldnt prep. for it.. but then seems a lot tricker wen its being asked at interview.. i was asked how I would know if a pig was not eating enough food and what i would do about it? wierd huh!!!!
    *agrees its alot harder to use your reasoning skills in interview* Just don't let nerves get the better of you!

ReputationRep:
    Your interviewers were laughing? Hah. Mine never cracked a smile! Blergh. I had all men, all clinicians! But I still think it went okay (I think!)

I reckon they'll give out about 45 offers, and then expect about 30-35 people to accept them.
    *total guess!*
    I had two men and one woman, no idea of their names though! maybe they were happy that the day was coming to an end :lol:
    I wish it was March 31st already !

ReputationRep:
    I have only had women for my interviews so far.... I want a Gay man interviewing me for a change so i can flirt my way into vet school lol

ReputationRep:
    I have only had women for my interviews so far.... I want a Gay man interviewing me for a change so i can flirt my way into vet school lol
    Ha Ha good luck with that :lol:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh dear! Hahah.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! Hahah.
    lol ... hey btw i went to your uni today to use the library. I'm writing a dissertation on chiari-like malformation/syringomyelia in the cavalier king charles spaniel breed and my tutor at Kings has a connection at the RVC so was able to get me access to it! I was very impressed
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol ... hey btw i went to your uni today to use the library. I'm writing a dissertation on chiari-like malformation/syringomyelia in the cavalier king charles spaniel breed and my tutor at Kings has a connection at the RVC so was able to get me access to it! I was very impressed
    Ohh. Cool! The one in camden, or in hawkshead?
    Hawkshead library is alot more impressive.

Yer alot of our BSC vetsci students do modules at kings.. as we are allowed to pick from both kings and rvc modules.

Syringomyelia is an interesting condition.. very very horrible though. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    :flower2:
    oww not sure if you acctaully wanted to know but pre '96 cows are the ones that go off to get burned, any born after that goes to the food chain, just bene on the phone with my dad prepping with farmy Q!!
    I hope I don't get any pig Q! I know nothing about them...not good with horsey stuff either.

Oww I'll join the club of no offers as well :o: and it's shait!
    for any other re-applier with no offer, are you gonan take a 2nd GY or do a degree if you don't get in this time?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I went to the camden one

yer i did evolutionary biology of man and vertebrates last semester and there were quite a few RVC vets and biovets on the course
    :p:

Oh! Hehe. The camden one is pretty small. :woo: But yeah, good computer facilities etc! and a good journal base.
    Oooh I have a friend who did that module.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the camden one

yer i did evolutionary biology of man and vertebrates last semester and there were quite a few RVC vets and biovets on the course
    :p:
    The vertebrate evolution that we did was great, really interesting.. gotta love those sea squirts! There were hundreds of vertebrate specimens in the zoology department in TCD..

ReputationRep:
    The vertebrate evolution that we did was great, really interesting.. gotta love those sea squirts! There were hundreds of vertebrate specimens in the zoology department in TCD..
    yer was such a good module.. was like watching david attenborough's life series !!! We even had trips to the zoo and the London aquarian.. was like being at school lol

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.