Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    'aquarium' rather!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    'aquarium' rather!!
    you know you can edit your posts, you dont have to keep deleting them then reposting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Guys, Bristol is my last chance to get in this year, and I have no offers yet! That probably wasn't helped by my slight lack of work experience, but seriously, people who already have offers can relax and breathe! Everyone wants more than one offer/an insurance/choice etc, but don't panic, you guys are all going to vet school in 2010 (assuming you get the grades, so revise hard!) I, on the other hand, am not so fortunate yet!

I'm not nervous for my interview yet, but it's still a week and a bit away. I am more nervous about the fact that I literally will be up to all hours next week trying to do everything I need to do: Chem coursework, interview prep (!) and mocks revision.

And I don't even get to enjoy my birthday since it is the day before my interview, so no champagne for me You guys better all give me some birthday wishes instead!

Edit: Rant over. Sorry, bit stressed :P:
    My birthday is NOW =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    My birthday is NOW =D
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    have a great day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    have a great day
    Thanks, Anna-Bannana (imagine I was saying that as an American: not ba-narn-a but ban-an-a)

ReputationRep:
    BRISTOL OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I just got it through track yesterdayy!!!!!!!! I thought it was gonna be a rejection cause I have been hearing nothing till yesterday. Linda Moore said she would phone/email the results by last Monday, didn't she? I was keeping my phone with me all day on Monday and it was a disappointment so I asked my teacher to ring her up 3 times on Tuesday as I wasn't brave enough. :p: Turned out she wasn't there, left a message and I decided not to call any more and started my waiting game....

The moment I heard from my mum on the phone I was jumping crazily and then sat down on the floor and cried. >.< It was a great feeling I couldn't believe it! =)

I really want to know why didn't she call or email me! Any suggestions? Well actually I got a missed call from abroad on Saturday but I didn't think they would call on the weekend?

Anyway, I'm reallyyyyyyyy extremelyyy happyyyyy! Anyone going to choose Bristol as their firm??

Sorry for my randomness.. I'm gonna go back and catch up the thread now hehe!

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is NOW =D
    HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!! =))
    wish you all the best!!
    hope its not too late to say it now.. haha!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Are you going to wait for Liverpool, or will you accept Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    You had to kill one? How come? This your first time lambing?
    Bah you'll be fine for RVC.. but I will say - they vary ALOT! I got asked all farm stuff, and one of my friend got asked all ethical and small animal stuff. And they barely used my personal statement. :o:
    It was a lamb we had put in an adopter pen with a ewe. The ewe stood on it, cracked a couple of its ribs and broke its leg. Not much that could be done. And the attitude there is either leave it to die, or hit over the head with a piece of piping. So I decided killing it was kinder than leaving it to die.

I did a week lambing several years ago, small place though - only about 80 ewes. I'm working at this farm from Feb til June - about 2000 ewes lambing indoors, plus an outdoor/hill flock.

I'm (obviously!) hoping my RVC interview goes ok, I'm just feeling really badly prepared at the moment, and would be happier if I knew I had time to fit some preparation in, but I don't! There is just so many potential areas, and some I would be fine with (sheep!) others I wouldn't have a clue! Hope your interview went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    oww not sure if you acctaully wanted to know but pre '96 cows are the ones that go off to get burned, any born after that goes to the food chain, just bene on the phone with my dad prepping with farmy Q!!
    I hope I don't get any pig Q! I know nothing about them...not good with horsey stuff either.

Oww I'll join the club of no offers as well :o: and it's shait!
    for any other re-applier with no offer, are you gonan take a 2nd GY or do a degree if you don't get in this time?
    But you've had interviews and you'll get a place :yep:
    That's interesting about the cows, I didn't know that - presumed it would've been younger (like pre 2001 cows or something). Anything in particular you want to know about horses? Horse and hound has some fairly basic but useful stuff both in the forum and the archives

Happy birthday Emilyy!

ReputationRep:
    My birthday is NOW =D
    :woo: :woo: happy birthday!!!! :yay: :birthday: :cake:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeLLe~*)
    BRISTOL OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I just got it through track yesterdayy!!!!!!!! I thought it was gonna be a rejection cause I have been hearing nothing till yesterday. Linda Moore said she would phone/email the results by last Monday, didn't she? I was keeping my phone with me all day on Monday and it was a disappointment so I asked my teacher to ring her up 3 times on Tuesday as I wasn't brave enough. :p: Turned out she wasn't there, left a message and I decided not to call any more and started my waiting game....

The moment I heard from my mum on the phone I was jumping crazily and then sat down on the floor and cried. >.< It was a great feeling I couldn't believe it! =)

I really want to know why didn't she call or email me! Any suggestions? Well actually I got a missed call from abroad on Saturday but I didn't think they would call on the weekend?

Anyway, I'm reallyyyyyyyy extremelyyy happyyyyy! Anyone going to choose Bristol as their firm??

Sorry for my randomness.. I'm gonna go back and catch up the thread now hehe!
    Check your junk e-mail.. i didnt get a call.. but happpened to find the e-mail in my junk folder!

p.s thanks Annaconda and HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILYYYYY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Errrm. 2:35 I think.
    Mines 2:25

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

What are you doing/what did you get??

Also, congrats on the Bristol offer BeLLe! Well done!

Edit: Also yep, :love: Champagne. I can understand why people don't like it, but I absolutely love it. Now need to go and do some more work, but I'm going to make a bacon sandwich for lunch first!

ReputationRep:
    btw way Violin girl. would u chose Bristol over Cambridge????
    There is a possibility but I don't think its that likely. I only say that because I don't know much about Bristol. I haven't had a look around the vet department, and don't actually know the improvements they are making etc. (So I hope I don't get asked the question: Why do you want to come to Bristol? :p: )

I really like the Cambridge course

Btw, are you a undergraduate/graduate/reaplicant?

And what Cam college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    oww not sure if you acctaully wanted to know but pre '96 cows are the ones that go off to get burned, any born after that goes to the food chain, just bene on the phone with my dad prepping with farmy Q!!
    I hope I don't get any pig Q! I know nothing about them...not good with horsey stuff either.

Oww I'll join the club of no offers as well :o: and it's shait!
    for any other re-applier with no offer, are you gonan take a 2nd GY or do a degree if you don't get in this time?
    Oooh thanks

I'd like to know as much as possible! Throw the info here...:p:

I'm slightly better with the horsey stuff than cows. Don't have a single clue about pigs. Nope, nothing. At all. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

What are you doing/what did you get??

Also, congrats on the Bristol offer BeLLe! Well done!

Edit: Also yep, :love: Champagne. I can understand why people don't like it, but I absolutely love it. Now need to go and do some more work, but I'm going to make a bacon sandwich for lunch first!
    I have my lunch at like 3 :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    There is a possibility but I don't think its that likely. I only say that because I don't know much about Bristol. I haven't had a look around the vet department, and don't actually know the improvements they are making etc. (So I hope I don't get asked the question: Why do you want to come to Bristol? :p: )

I really like the Cambridge course

Btw, are you a undergraduate/graduate/reaplicant?

And what Cam college did you apply to?

I wouldn't hold your breath.. the campus is not as impressive as any of the others (in my opinion) but of course the good thing about Bristol is the reputation.. its consistently ranked in the top 10 UK unis.

Initially i really had my heart set on Cambridge (i'm a grad and applied to Wolfson) but as soon as i took my b-mat i knew i didnt do well enough- i got 4.8, 4.7 and 9 i knw its not awful but nowhere near good enough.. and i was extremely shaky in the interview..

But i have since heard mixed things about cambridge. on the one hand it is supposed to be top for academia (and prestige //status!!) but clinically its not ranked as highly amongst employers.. apparently vet graduates are not as practically minded ( have u seen the veterinary faculty?).. so just depends on you- having said that i knw i would DEFINITELY chose cambridge if i had an offer.. its one of those things- u cnt reject Cambridge lol its the place that will push you the most academically and that something that would have appealed to me..plus they have the the most money out of all the unis so you can rest assured the facilities will be top notch.. You should take it as a HUGE compliment that you got in.. its a big achievement!

r u a grad?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hold your breath.. the campus is not as impressive as any of the others (in my opinion) but of course the good thing about Bristol is the reputation.. its consistently ranked in the top 10 UK unis.

Initially i really had my heart set on Cambridge (i'm a grad and applied to Wolfson) but as soon as i took my b-mat i knew i didnt do well enough- i got 4.8, 4.7 and 9 i knw its not awful but nowhere near good enough.. and i was extremely shaky in the interview..

But i have since heard mixed things about cambridge. on the one hand it is supposed to be top for academia (and prestige //status!!) but clinically its not ranked as highly amongst employers.. apparently vet graduates are not as practically minded ( have u seen the veterinary faculty?).. so just depends on you- having said that i knw i would DEFINITELY chose cambridge if i had an offer.. its one of those things- u cnt reject Cambridge lol its the place that will push you the most academically and that something that would have appealed to me..plus they have the the most money out of all the unis so you can rest assured the facilities will be top notch.. You should take it as a HUGE compliment that you got in.. its a big achievement!

r u a grad?
    :yep: I do have my heart set on Cambridge. I have looked around the department, and the practical opportunities within the course sound just as good compared to other vet schools, who claim they are a lot more practical that Cambridge. The facilties look really good as well!
    And I also really like the collegiate system, as I would love to be involved in other activites like music/drama/sport, which seems a lot harder to keep up at some of the other vet schools.

No. I am a first timer undergraduate.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't get a vetmed offer, I'm deffinately taking my imperial offer for biomed, i need to get out of my house! I'm going to be so heartbroken to leave my kitties, but I'm so ready to be at uni!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.