The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
hannah_vet
i don't think i should wait, because what happens if i end up with 3 unconditionals lol!? i'll still be sitting here in may with no decision made. plus if the gut feeling i had at my interview was that i didn't like it, then i should probably stick with that.

You should trust your instincts. I'm all for measured decisions, and weighing up pros and cons and stuff, but if you genuinly didn't like it at interview that probably isn't going to change. I thought I would love Notts, especially since I'm not really a city person and I would far rather be outside all the time, but I really disliked it on the open day, so I didn't even bother applying. If you are swaying towards Glasgow then go for it!
Reply 1141
Yeah; I'd go for it too if I was you! They have an amazing programme and lots of overseas things as well, like long-term (starting in like the 70's, so really long-term!) projects in Ghana and things like that. And if you didn't like the RVC that much, then you can open the door a crack more for us still waiting for offers who'd really love to go :wink:
Is glasgow AVMA accredited? I know london and edinburgh are..
Caraghk123
Is glasgow AVMA accredited? I know london and edinburgh are..

yup!
awesome! Go for it then. If you can cope with the cold and the accents, then why not. *cough*
Reply 1145
Only a few days away and it takes ages to catch up.

Had an email from Liverpool inviting me for interview even though I have withdrawn my application :confused: replied to tell them I withdrew my application.

Talon19921992
Avian Vet FTW!!! I bet I am the only one on here with that aspiration. However I am very aware that over the vetmed course my opinion will change. To be honest, I could see myself doing equine, LA, SA and other areas of exotics too. Though birds will always have a special place in my heart!!!

I would like to be an avian vet too, only my experience is with wildfowl, mainly hand rearing rare species and catching birds. I only know of one vet who specializes in birds, and when I asked about birds in my Glasgow interview they said that more people are keeping chickens now so birds are becoming more common in small animal practice. (The interviewers at Bristol looked at me like I was mad :frown: ).
heyy just checking for the bristol questionaire, did people just print off extra sheets? and in the column where it says farm etc do you put the name of the farm?
zzooeezz
Only a few days away and it takes ages to catch up.

Had an email from Liverpool inviting me for interview even though I have withdrawn my application :confused: replied to tell them I withdrew my application.

I would like to be an avian vet too, only my experience is with wildfowl, mainly hand rearing rare species and catching birds. I only know of one vet who specializes in birds, and when I asked about birds in my Glasgow interview they said that more people are keeping chickens now so birds are becoming more common in small animal practice. (The interviewers at Bristol looked at me like I was mad :frown: ).

Ahah. Yeah I had to inform glasgow by email and by UCAS, got an interview there but withdrew.

Hey guys, again referring to liverpool: Anyone got offers or went to the interview without having the appropriate references?! I'm missing a small animal one and a vet one, and not much time to get my hands on them. ARghh. :eek3:
Reply 1148
Caraghk123
Ahah. Yeah I had to inform glasgow by email and by UCAS, got an interview there but withdrew.

Hey guys, again referring to liverpool: Anyone got offers or went to the interview without having the appropriate references?! I'm missing a small animal one and a vet one, and not much time to get my hands on them. ARghh. :eek3:

If you write a covering letter explaining why you haven't got one it will probably be fine. But don't hand it ones they didn't ask for, apparently you get 'marked down' for that. But, ideally, try and get hold of them.
hannah_vet
i don't think i should wait, because what happens if i end up with 3 unconditionals lol!? i'll still be sitting here in may with no decision made. plus if the gut feeling i had at my interview was that i didn't like it, then i should probably stick with that.

play the pro/con list drinking game
4 drinks, one each for glas and bris pro and con, every time you add something to one list, have a bit of the respective drink, see which drink you finish first.
i dont know if it'll actually help you decide but it cant hurt. :p:
Reply 1150
Caraghk123
I was in scotland for my schooling.
I got A,A,A,A,B intermediate twos (which are higher than GCSE's but a bit under AS levels) and 1,1,1 for the standard grades I took (which are about the same level as GCSE's i think)
And then A,A,B,C,C for my Highers, and A,B,B for my advanced highers which are slightly higher than A levels. :s-smilie: Lol.

But I was a bit immature leaving school, I hadn't got the work experience and wasnt trying hard enough. I didnt apply as a school leaver and it was only coming into the biovet course I realised how much i actually wanted it and got my act together! The RVC interview was my first vetmed interview ever, hah. Apparently the RVC don't take bmat, or the rest of your application into consideration after interview unless they have two prospective students that did exactly the same etc at interview and they are having a hard time choosing. That's what we got told..
Yer I was shocked at my BMAT score, i actually didnt look for two days as I was so sure it went badly! You can never tell how you did with bmat.. :woo:

How about you, did you apply as a school leaver?

No, similar to you, wasnt sure but then at uni realised how much i wanted it! :smile: :smile:
nicola92
heyy just checking for the bristol questionaire, did people just print off extra sheets? and in the column where it says farm etc do you put the name of the farm?

I put the name of the place below the heading farm etc.

I didn't find the need to print off extra sheets. I had created my own version of the table though which I think worked a lot better than theirs, but just sent off theirs in the end anyway. My work experience is quite clear on my personal statement anyway. :smile:
ViolinGirl
I put the name of the place below the heading farm etc.

I didn't find the need to print off extra sheets. I had created my own version of the table though which I think worked a lot better than theirs, but just sent off theirs in the end anyway. My work experience is quite clear on my personal statement anyway. :smile:

thankyouu :smile:

and do we take our references to bristol?
Reply 1153
nicola92
thankyouu :smile:

and do we take our references to bristol?

yes take them, and dnt forget to give them to your interviewers. They wont ask you and i forgot to lol so i had to run back to the room, knock on the door and ask if they wanted them lol
Reply 1154
What references do we need to take to Bristol? All 1,000,000 of them? :wink:

I was thinking to day about my Liverpool interview and how I reallllyyy loved it :p: it was really good fun! I might take up speed dating as a hobby :curious:
Reply 1155
Shedlife
What references do we need to take to Bristol? All 1,000,000 of them? :wink:

I was thinking to day about my Liverpool interview and how I reallllyyy loved it :p: it was really good fun! I might take up speed dating as a hobby :curious:

i only had two lol
Reply 1156
2 Dr. be
i only had two lol

Obviously didn't matter though, if you have an offer :p:

Two really good ones are probably better than 10 generic ones, though.
I only have three references. Hence the liverpool worry. x.x
I might just put the addresses of the practises on sheets of A4 and hope they don't realise.. xD Ohdear.
another question about the bristol stuff :tongue:

in the animal experience section, one of the columns is other which i would write in for chickens, but do you actually have to specify it's chickens you've worked with in that column or just leave it as how many weeks you've done?
if that makes any sense at all :rolleyes:
Reply 1159
i appear to have temporarily misplaced EVERY SINGLE REFERENCE i have ever been given... i have like 39 hours to find them! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending