Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been away for the weekend, and I come back to 15 pages or so? :rolleyes::p:

On the subject of animal smell, tigers is pretty bad, but a mixture of rotting horse meat and jaguar piss is the most disgusting thing ever :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    what? when ENGLAND WIN???

I'm surprised you said theres a lack of farm jobs? I got the impression from the fact hardly anyone going onto vet wants to do them there'd be loads!
    na, not many go on to farm practasise coz there arn't many! but there are a lot of spaces for welsh speakers :p: coz farmers like dealing with welsh veets you see, coz we are more awesome!

oww and no where beats Cardiff even if Wales wiin, the atmosphere is insane there, same in dublin and Ed, london does not match them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I've been away for the weekend, and I come back to 15 pages or so? :rolleyes::p:

On the subject of animal smell, tigers is pretty bad, but a mixture of rotting horse meat and jaguar piss is the most disgusting thing ever :puke:
    That does sound impressively vile! But i don't think anything can beat magpies for me. I don't know what it is about them, but couldnt go within 10 feet of the magpie cage at the wildlife hospital without gagging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Oh-we have to take references to bristol? I didn't know that...

This may be a problem...I haven't actually got a reference from either of my vets (I must have forgotten to ask for one, and I haven't been to one in over a year, and the other since before summer)! Also, no farm reference...

What am I gonna doooooo?
    Don't worry about it too much. It's worth asking just in case, but Bristol don't specific they want them, until Liverpool.

(Original post by skatealexia)
    Ahhh, pig farms smell the worst, must say.
    Really? The pig farm I went to wasn't that bad, really. Not compared with dairy. Hedgehogs smell fairly bad, and so do gannets, mostly because it's all fishy and horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    i think the time has come, for me to choose where i'm going to uni. and all roads are pointing to glasgow.. i really just need to man up and choose!
    :eek: ooooo have you done it yet??????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    :eek: ooooo have you done it yet??????????
    noooooooooooo:eek3: but i just got off the phone with my 3rd year friend at glasgow and she's just made it sound awesome... soo i think tomorrow i will chat to the vet about it, ring my dad and then probs make my decision!:woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    noooooooooooo:eek3: but i just got off the phone with my 3rd year friend at glasgow and she's just made it sound awesome... soo i think tomorrow i will chat to the vet about it, ring my dad and then probs make my decision!:woo: :woo:
    Yeaaahhh!!! Woop!!!!! I know a second year glasgow vet and she absolutely LOVES it there. Excitingness!! It must be sooo nerve-racking making that final decision but you can chill out for the rest of the year once you have - and can start planning!!!!! :yep:

ReputationRep:

Oh I was wondering where you went :p:

ReputationRep:

Where did you work with tigers? Just wondering :rolleyes:

Edit: I just looked at your profile. It's a shame the waiting lists are so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Where did you work with tigers? Just wondering :rolleyes:

Edit: I just looked at your profile. It's a shame the waiting lists are so long.
    I didn't have to wait that long..I emailed them about 6 months before I went I think. And phoned them. And wrote to them. I think it was just easier for them to say yes :p: I guess there wouldn't be time this summer for most people, but maybe for EMS, I can recommend them. They're really friendly. When I went, their vet was on holiday, but apparently he's also really friendly and chatty with work experience people.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have to wait that long..I emailed them about 6 months before I went I think. And phoned them. And wrote to them. I think it was just easier for them to say yes :p: I guess there wouldn't be time this summer for most people, but maybe for EMS, I can recommend them. They're really friendly. When I went, their vet was on holiday, but apparently he's also really friendly and chatty with work experience people.
    Really? This is what it says on the website:

"Work Experience
    at the Isle of Wight Zoo

We are currently closed to receive applications in 2010.

Applications for work experience for 2011 are welcome if they are posted to the zoo between September 2010 and the end of November 2010. Applications received before or after these dates, will not be considered."

Maybe I'll ring them anyway, can't hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Really? This is what it says on the website:

"Work Experience
    at the Isle of Wight Zoo

We are currently closed to receive applications in 2010.

Applications for work experience for 2011 are welcome if they are posted to the zoo between September 2010 and the end of November 2010. Applications received before or after these dates, will not be considered."

Maybe I'll ring them anyway, can't hurt.
    Wow, hadn't seen that. Maybe they've got busy recently or something, they didn't use to have anything on the website about it! Any zoo would be good I guess, its just a different and fun thing to do if you have the time/can get the placement.

Edit - I think things must have changed there quite a bit since last Easter. They never said I should be over 18, and I didn't fill in that form. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faith16120)
    I know!
    I'm freaking out... alot! :O
    Since their interviews are so different from the ones you usually get, though I still don't really know what happens in Nottingham since everybody's so secret about it, I don't really think the mock interview I had in school nor the actual interview I had in RVC will help me here. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, hadn't seen that. Maybe they've got busy recently or something, they didn't use to have anything on the website about it! Any zoo would be good I guess, its just a different and fun thing to do if you have the time/can get the placement.
    Yeah, I'm just struggling to find ANY zoo. Hopefully Jersey Zoo will take me, I've got a contact who is trying her best to get me in this summer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm just struggling to find ANY zoo. Hopefully Jersey Zoo will take me, I've got a contact who is trying her best to get me in this summer.
    chessington? they take work exp

ReputationRep:
    Good luck There's always uni holidays, if it doesn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=steph_v]Don't worry about it too much. It's worth asking just in case, but Bristol don't specific they want them, until Liverpool. QUOTE]

I hope they arn't used too much in decision process...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ViolinGirl]
    Don't worry about it too much. It's worth asking just in case, but Bristol don't specific they want them, until Liverpool. QUOTE]

I hope they arn't used too much in decision process...:eek:
    i doubt they r, just do ur best in the interview.. if u impress thats wat counts.. my references were pretty short and nothing out of the ordinary

Am i the only person with an RVC date on the 3rd of March??!!!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr. 2 be]
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)

i doubt they r, just do ur best in the interview.. if u impress thats wat counts.. my references were pretty short and nothing out of the ordinary
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering...have there been any confirmational studies to show the direct link between Badgers and the spread of Bovine TB, or does this still need to be determined for certain?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.