Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    I was wondering...have there been any confirmational studies to show the direct link between Badgers and the spread of Bovine TB, or does this still need to be determined for certain?
    yes!!! they spread the bacterium in their urine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    yes!!! they spread the bacterium in their urine!
    Yes, but in many of the articles that I have read, it keeps stating that something on the lines of 'It has been hard to determine the role of the Badger in TB spread...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Yes, but in many of the articles that I have read, it keeps stating that something on the lines of 'It has been hard to determine the role of the Badger in TB spread...'
    do you think they would be culling if it hadn't been proved? why do you think try and keep badgers out of feed barns, and away from the cattle??

ReputationRep:
    do you think they would be culling if it hadn't been proved? why do you think try and keep badgers out of feed barns, and away from the cattle??

Not 100% sure but most of the stuff I've read has been uncertain too but there does seem to be a link between badgers and TB in cattle...just make sure you research it first for definite...I think the topic is still very debatable :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole89)
    Not 100% sure but most of the stuff I've read has been uncertain too but there does seem to be a link between badgers and TB in cattle...just make sure you research it first for definite...I think the topic is still very debatable :rolleyes:
    lol i did my extended project on it

ReputationRep:
    chessington? they take work exp
    Thanks, I forgot about chessington! Wow, I've not been there for like 10 years. I just wish Marwell would take me, it sucks They only take Sparsholt students and vet students, I've asked. I'm going to Marwell on Wednesday with my Biology class, though There's a conference on animal behaviour there.

ReputationRep:
    I really would love a zoo placement, there used to be one near here but it closed down

If I don't get into Bristol that will be one of the first things I try. Posted off my forms this morning

Back to smells, I love the smell of dairy and sheep, but pig made me feel a bit ill Think I am veering towards farm/LA now though!

ReputationRep:
    The Worst smell EVER is leaning into a sea turtle nest while tearing open rotten and infected 80 day old eggs to see why they didn't hatch BLEH!
    :turtle: :puke:

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for my mum as i steal her car all the time and it always ends up smellying a mixture of kennels, farm and dominos pizza

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who had a Liverpool interview on the 17th of Feb heard anything back yet? I think mine went really bad I couldn't park so I was an hour late so I was all flustered to begin with and did anyone think the guy on the ethics station was evil? I recognised him from the open day when he gave the talk on something or other and thought 'I remember him he seemed nice', then he gave me really tricky dilemmas and I didn't know what to say at all. Oh well, maybe Bristol will still interview me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    im gonna read the whole bateson report when im on the train tomorrow just for funsies :p: its actually really interesting coz he did such an in depth study into all the pedigree dog issues and the kennel club and bva etc have said they're going to use some of his recommendations

ReputationRep:
    Quick question 4 all those who went to Ed interviews. What was your passport-like picture like? And I'm assuming you need to sign it on the back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    The Worst smell EVER is leaning into a sea turtle nest while tearing open rotten and infected 80 day old eggs to see why they didn't hatch BLEH!
    :turtle: :puke:
    we sometimes let our hens lay on their eggs, and you get a few thats doesnt hach wich are rotten, then I used to fake to egg my bro with them, LOLs. this must be like 6yrs ago now, coz it was when I used to live on our other farm. they stank, even the dogs gave them a miss!

oww my liv interview went ****** as well who ever mentioned it, still havnt had time for brizzle prep though, i'll jst have to rely on my common sense :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sami4132)
    Quick question 4 all those who went to Ed interviews. What was your passport-like picture like? And I'm assuming you need to sign it on the back?
    i think i wrote my name and ucas id on the back of it but i cant remember!! lol it was probably a terrible picture coz i used one of those crappy photobooth things in good ol' tescos :p:
    good luck for ur intervieeeeew!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    i think i wrote my name and ucas id on the back of it but i cant remember!! lol it was probably a terrible picture coz i used one of those crappy photobooth things in good ol' tescos :p:
    good luck for ur intervieeeeew!!

Thankees! That's how I've done my picture as well, turned out a little close...it's mainly my face but hey, it should do...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I've managed to extent my tentative booking for Malaysia for another two weeks, so I don't have to make my mind up right away. I'm unlikely to hear from anywhere (except maybe Bristol) in this time, but hopefully I'll have a clearer view of everything then. It is expensive, when you include flights, injections and travel insurance. I really want to do it though!

ReputationRep:
    anyone who got a cambridge offer through the pool - did your track update yet!? mines done nothing. notts hasnt either but i dont think anyones has?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Well. Bristol interview soon :P. I'm actually lookign forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Well. Bristol interview soon :P. I'm actually lookign forward to it.
    Same! Will see you there!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    =D. Nice interviews.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.