Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    you all going to the talk? I think I'll give it a miss, heard it last year. I started down at 4am last year, 11am this year
    I just don't have a clue what to do as prep....If they ask anything about A levels I have my answer ready "well I did em in welsh" and then talk in welsh for the rest on the interview :p:

oww and Talon it's your last interview but might be the first you hear back from! scary ey!!! we will know in 4 days :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    you all going to the talk? I think I'll give it a miss, heard it last year. I started down at 4am last year, 11am this year
    I just don't have a clue what to do as prep....If they ask anything about A levels I have my answer ready "well I did em in welsh" and then talk in welsh for the rest on the interview :p:

oww and Talon it's your last interview but might be the first you hear back from! scary ey!!! we will know in 4 days :eek:
    Very scary!!! I doubt I will be an exceptional interviewee though so maybe not... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiv583)
    anyone who got a cambridge offer through the pool - did your track update yet!? mines done nothing. notts hasnt either but i dont think anyones has?
    Did you transfer your Notts application? Mine hasn't come up as rejected (it's done naff all) but I swapped to biochem and have got an email inviting me to an offers day. They said they should all change by the end of next week

(Original post by steph_v)
    Ahh, I've managed to extent my tentative booking for Malaysia for another two weeks, so I don't have to make my mind up right away. I'm unlikely to hear from anywhere (except maybe Bristol) in this time, but hopefully I'll have a clearer view of everything then. It is expensive, when you include flights, injections and travel insurance. I really want to do it though!
    Do it! My brother deliberated for ages about whether or not to go on his trip to Indonesia because of the costs and because it wasn't really relelvant to what he's studing (history :p:) but he absolutely loved it in the end, and now wants to go and visit Peru and several other places! If there are several of you going you might be able to do some fund raising (they did bag-packing over christmas) or something like that? Tesco did malaria tablets cheaper than the GPs too, I assume you need them for Malaysia, and swapping flights made it cheaper too - I think he ended up with three flights but it saved him about £500

ReputationRep:
    Hey that's just reminded me; Bristol is my last interview aswell :o: weird to think that after this Wednesday nothing can be done about my UCAS 2010...been such a journey which I don't think will be over till the summer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Did you transfer your Notts application? Mine hasn't come up as rejected (it's done naff all) but I swapped to biochem and have got an email inviting me to an offers day. They said they should all change by the end of next week
    ah right cool. will you do the biochem if you dont get in this year? (youre a first timer too right?) i didnt bother transferring cos i wouldnt have taken it if id got no offers. i never put a fifth choice in the first place. didnt want to deny other people places

god i wish bristol would just put us out our misery!!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I've two interviews left.. and thats it . I wouldn't have taken the notts transfer offer either.

ReputationRep:
    ah right cool. will you do the biochem if you dont get in this year? (youre a first timer too right?) i didnt bother transferring cos i wouldnt have taken it if id got no offers. i never put a fifth choice in the first place. didnt want to deny other people places

god i wish bristol would just put us out our misery!!
    I just noticed, your application is exactly the same as mine
    I'm now just assuming Bristol rejection and have given up caring :p: I'm too excited about Cambridge to give a cr*p about my least favourite uni...wouldn't mind hearing from RVC sometime, I know it'll be end of march but still...

ReputationRep:
    I still think it's a little odd how everything UCAS will all be over for everyone in a few weeks. And then the next big panic will be A Level results...well, assuming that there isn't a mass panic about the June exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I still think it's a little odd how everything UCAS will all be over for everyone in a few weeks. And then the next big panic will be A Level results...well, assuming that there isn't a mass panic about the June exams
    There will be :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    There will be :p:
    almost certainly...

ReputationRep:
    i ache all over
    been invited back to the farm im at for whenever i wanna come over lambing period....nice to know youre wanted aha.

college tomorrow...
    was gonna sack it off but got a practice practical
    nooooo rest for the wickid
    will leave right after though :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I pretty much went crazy during my summer exams. I think I ended up sitting about 11 and my best friend (who applied for medicine, the poor boy) had three offers and only five exams. None of which he actually needed to sit, because his other exams were all high enough to carry him through.
    It's so long ago!

ReputationRep:
    I have 12 exams
    On the upside, I can get 0 marks German this year and still get an E overall, fail FM totally, and get D/E in A2 Biology and Chemistry and still make my Cam offer if I get 90% in C3 and C4! I've totally lost my motivation because of working this out :p:

ReputationRep:
    anyone who got a cambridge offer through the pool - did your track update yet!? mines done nothing. notts hasnt either but i dont think anyones has?
    Yeah my track updated ages and ages ago I wouldnt worry yours will soon

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people are on hold for Bristol, I wouldn't worry. My UCAS 2010 will all be over in about 2 weeks tops I reckon. Probably will be on to UCAS 2011 after that!

ReputationRep:
    I have 12 exams
    On the upside, I can get 0 marks German this year and still get an E overall, fail FM totally, and get D/E in A2 Biology and Chemistry and still make my Cam offer if I get 90% in C3 and C4! I've totally lost my motivation because of working this out :p:
    yeh i lost all motivation for chemistry last year, we only had one exam left to do in june for it and i worked out i needed 30 out of 120 on it to get an A coz i worked so crazily hard for the project and stuff :p: o the joys of a levels!

ReputationRep:
    I have 12 exams
    Admittedly, when I found out I only needed 50% in my final Biology exam, I used the time I would have spent revising for that on Maths instead. C4 and I were not friends.

ReputationRep:
    As for losing motivation, i've lost all motivation for chemistry, its actually a struggle to make myself go to the lessons, its such a waste of my time, i learn nothing in the lessons.

I do need to 'pull my socks up' x

ReputationRep:
    A levels = Disasterous in my case :p: 3 U's wypssssss....I am dreading March the 11th!!

ReputationRep:
    trynig to prepare for liverpool is doing my head in :mad:
    i just wish i could get it over and done with now!!!
    concentration failure is imminent....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.