Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I just noticed, your application is exactly the same as mine
    I'm now just assuming Bristol rejection and have given up caring :p: I'm too excited about Cambridge to give a cr*p about my least favourite uni...wouldn't mind hearing from RVC sometime, I know it'll be end of march but still...
    haha yeah! how funny. its my least fav too but i would still like to feel the bristol love and would be good to experience their interviews. but im soooo happy about cambridge im not too worried!

im praying for a very organised rvc :rolleyes: waiting stinks.

fireandice - thanks im hoping it will soon! want some ucas officialness!!

praying for good results from january modules to relieve the pressure for summer exams a bit. i do know that i can get 2 c's in psychology and get an A which is good cos i didnt really revise for it until the day before! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Bristol interview wednesday Its my last one as well and I'm actually feeling okay about it at the moment! It feels weird because for my other interviews I'v had to travel for hours to get there but langfords only 40 minutes drive :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Did you transfer your Notts application? Mine hasn't come up as rejected (it's done naff all) but I swapped to biochem and have got an email inviting me to an offers day. They said they should all change by the end of next week

Do it! My brother deliberated for ages about whether or not to go on his trip to Indonesia because of the costs and because it wasn't really relelvant to what he's studing (history :p:) but he absolutely loved it in the end, and now wants to go and visit Peru and several other places! If there are several of you going you might be able to do some fund raising (they did bag-packing over christmas) or something like that? Tesco did malaria tablets cheaper than the GPs too, I assume you need them for Malaysia, and swapping flights made it cheaper too - I think he ended up with three flights but it saved him about £500
    Hmmmmm. It is a lot of money, and it's only me (that I know) doing it, so I don't really know how I'd raise the money. My grandparents are giving me lots of money for my 18th (money they've saved since I was born) and that will go towards it, but realistically it's money I will really need at university. Plus I'll be able to get more work experience in. Arghhh. Well, I won't think about it for a little while, it's driving me crazy. I wish I'd just know whether any of the universities want me this year :p:

And yeah, definitely dreading March 11th. I don't want to have to retake Chemistry again! The biology exam was a joke too, and M1 was an epic fail.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck 2 every1 for interviews on Wednesday! I've got to fly up to Ed via London, yay... and my flight home isn't even to my home city, will still need to catch a train back, sigh, this had better be worth it (*tells self it will* )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Hmmmmm. It is a lot of money, and it's only me (that I know) doing it, so I don't really know how I'd raise the money. My grandparents are giving me lots of money for my 18th (money they've saved since I was born) and that will go towards it, but realistically it's money I will really need at university. Plus I'll be able to get more work experience in. Arghhh. Well, I won't think about it for a little while, it's driving me crazy. I wish I'd just know whether any of the universities want me this year :p:

And yeah, definitely dreading March 11th. I don't want to have to retake Chemistry again! The biology exam was a joke too, and M1 was an epic fail.
    i know money on a gap year can be a comlicated issue but i've found that its worth having something to look forward to in ur year off so it can get you through some of the **** points

(Original post by sami4132)
    Good luck 2 every1 for interviews on Wednesday! I've got to fly up to Ed via London, yay... and my flight home isn't even to my home city, will still need to catch a train back, sigh, this had better be worth it (*tells self it will* )
    it will be worth it
    i had to get up at 3.30am, drive 2 hours to the airport then fly to edinburgh :eek:
    its be so much easier to live near an airport :p:

ReputationRep:
    good luck to everyone with interviews this week

in a way i'm dreading getting these results in march but in another way i hate waiting for news so i'd rather get it over with, which is why i think i'm gonna go slightly crazy in march waiting for uni decisions too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    its be so much easier to live near an airport :p:
    I live a nice 5 minutes, if that, from Birmingham Airport

Although, it is loud if your not used to it, the planes wake my boyfriend up when he stays over lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    good luck to everyone with interviews this week

in a way i'm dreading getting these results in march but in another way i hate waiting for news so i'd rather get it over with, which is why i think i'm gonna go slightly crazy in march waiting for uni decisions too...
    The waiting is the worst! I wish I had a later interview, to give me something to plan and prepare for. I have a compulsive need to plan, my boyfriend hates it :p: It's weird, I like to be organised when it comes to plans, but I'm the messiest person I know! I think that's why I'm planning a gap year, I just feel the need to plan!

I wish the unis would hurry up! Anyone heard of Liverpool giving any conditional offers out? Then again, they don't give many conditional offers, really, do they?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll only have 3 exams in June. Probably end up resitting everything though :o:

(Original post by shiv583)
    ah right cool. will you do the biochem if you dont get in this year? (youre a first timer too right?) i didnt bother transferring cos i wouldnt have taken it if id got no offers. i never put a fifth choice in the first place. didnt want to deny other people places

god i wish bristol would just put us out our misery!!
    It depends on my grades - If I don't get AA (already got one B) then I would consider it. I'm still waiting to hear from my 5th choice (biomedical at Edinburgh) which I would take over Notts purely because of the flexibility of the course, and because I don't really want to stay round here.
    If I get AA or better then I will definately reapply
    I just want Bristol to reject me now if they're going to, and tbh I don't see the point of me being interviewed by them because I'll only mess it up...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too far from Heathrow which is pretty convenient.

I get my Physics AS results in March, weird to think I am actually getting an AS now, it doesn't feel as big as results day in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to whoever it was that answered some way up. I didn't have the time to look and quote it. (About TB that is...)

:eek3: Bristol on Wednesday....

And I know nothing about their vet school. Are there any links from their website about developments that they are making? I can't find any

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll only have 3 exams in June. Probably end up resitting everything though :o:

It depends on my grades - If I don't get AA (already got one B) then I would consider it. I'm still waiting to hear from my 5th choice (biomedical at Edinburgh) which I would take over Notts purely because of the flexibility of the course, and because I don't really want to stay round here.
    If I get AA or better then I will definitely reapply
    I just want Bristol to reject me now if they're going to, and tbh I don't see the point of me being interviewed by them because I'll only mess it up...
    whats the B in? did you do that in one year then or start in year 11? must be nice to have one already! i have to say id take edinburgh over notts anyday i loved edinburgh.

dont give up yet you still have a shot at bristol!! theres no reason you cant do as well as anyone at an interview there. give yourself chance

without wanting to question too much :o: do you think you'd regret not reapplying if you do something else or would you try and go postgrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiv583)
    whats the B in? did you do that in one year then or start in year 11? must be nice to have one already! i have to say id take edinburgh over notts anyday i loved edinburgh.
    dont give up yet you still have a shot at bristol!! theres no reason you cant do as well as anyone at an interview there. give yourself chance
    without wanting to question too much :o: do you think you'd regret not reapplying if you do something else or would you try and go postgrad?
    The B is in maths, I did my GCSE in a year so started AS in year 11. It does take the pressure off a bit because it means that I don't actually need english, and I really struggled with maths towards the end so wouldn't fancy doing it alongside any other A2s...
    I would definately regret not reapplying, but if I don't get the grades I don't think I'd be able to persuade my parents to let me stay at home any longer (as it is I don't think they're that keen on the idea even if I manage to pull 3 As out of the bag or something :o:) and post-grad really wouldn't be an option due to the costs - unfortunately I can't afford 7/8 years at uni, regardless of if they're normal fees or grad fees

ReputationRep:
    good luck to everyone with interviews on wednesday... i wont be on til liek thursday coz iv gots me some travelling to do!
    my train leaves in 14 hours :woo: (im excited just to get the hell out of cornwall!)

ReputationRep:
    I just saw the crufts advert, sooo not looking forward to it, the stupid traffic adds another half hour on to my 15 minute journey to work. dammit!

ReputationRep:

Me and Enor only have ABB at A level, Enor has an offer, and I have 2 interviews I would advise you to re-sit in a gap year first! but obv you will not have to coz ull get those A's :p:

thanx for the horsey stuff earlier i've just read one of my many encyclopedias again, so I'm quite confident about horsey stuff I think...
    I'll tackle some pigs tomorrow and maby read up on some Alevel work.

and about transport, nearest airport it Manchester really, small one in Liv but never go there, but then again I only go ona plane when I'm going skiing. Usually catch the ferry to Ireland. Then nearest train statsion is 40min away, bus statsion is 10min, and they come every 2 hrs! I live in my car!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    you all going to the talk? I think I'll give it a miss, heard it last year. I started down at 4am last year, 11am this year
    I just don't have a clue what to do as prep....If they ask anything about A levels I have my answer ready "well I did em in welsh" and then talk in welsh for the rest on the interview :p:

oww and Talon it's your last interview but might be the first you hear back from! scary ey!!! we will know in 4 days :eek:
    btw one of mine and hannahs interviews was welsh, so if you have him you'll probably start off talking about something you like.

ReputationRep:
    glasgow vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo i firmed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    glasgow vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo i firmed it
    really? thats exciting :woo:

ReputationRep:

Exactly how im feeling,though i really dont want a gap year, so i really need a bris interview & not f*** it up like i did with cambridge and rvc :unsure:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.