Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Got 81.5% on my Chemistry Unit 3 ISA better than the 40% I got last year

The moral of the story is......don't try and be clever and make up your titration results....IT WILL NOT WORK! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    btw one of mine and hannahs interviews was welsh
    I had him too!!!!!

(Original post by hannah_vet)
    glasgow vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo i firmed it

Yay!!!! Ooooo this is all so exciting :eek: !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    glasgow vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo i firmed it
    Wooo! Glasgow vets rule! I AM going to buck up the courage and do it too soon haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)

The moral of the story is......don't try and be clever and make up your titration results....IT WILL NOT WORK! :p:
    Making up yeast respiration rates and volumes of gas when your equiptment is knackered does though :p:

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    thanx for the horsey stuff earlier i've just read one of my many encyclopedias again, so I'm quite confident about horsey stuff I think...
    I'll tackle some pigs tomorrowand maby read up on some Alevel work.
    For some reason I had a vision of you going and rugby tackling a pig then! Took a while to twig on to what you meant :p:
    I guess it depends on how close I am to AA, I hope I get them first time obviously, but I guess if it's not too many marks of then resitting might be possible. Not sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    btw one of mine and hannahs interviews was welsh, so if you have him you'll probably start off talking about something you like.
    oww really!!! I do hope I get him/her!!!
    would you choose liv over bris?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)

I have :p:
    But most of our cw marks are for planning/analysis anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    it's an oldish guy - he loved talking about badgers and the welsh culling them etc

ReputationRep:
    i'm begining to think i would, dont want to think about it too much though untill i get their decision

ReputationRep:
    just caught up on the days events (4 pages!!!!) ahh i love this thread.. so glad i found it..

ReputationRep:
    There just isn't enough Bristol love anymore :p:

ReputationRep:
    i just saw the most perfect dogs ever on animal 24:7
    they were staffie X lurcher and absolutely gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    start 8pm - 3am shifts the day after my ed interview and after 2 weeks i start at another farm 6am- 2pm...... im gona hate sheep by the end of that!!!! but i will have puuppies to keep me amused

good luck for everyone tomorrow, is there bristol, liv and edinburgh interviews?
    good luck bethhhhhhhyyyy!! (although id rather u get into Liv)

if i get into edinburgh, im definatly gona be a **** vet, i think youve definatly gota go with gut feeling, and my love for edinburgh isnt going away, cannot wait to go there again :woo:

ReputationRep:
    it's an oldish guy - he loved talking about badgers and the welsh culling them etc
    Was he called Ischwin? (Unsure about the spelling). Quite short guy with grey hair?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the BBC studios last night, in the audience for Pet Nation :woo:

It was hilarious.....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karate_kat)
    Was he called Ischwin? (Unsure about the spelling). Quite short guy with grey hair?
    yeah thats him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karate_kat)
    Yeeah he was really into everything to do with farming........both farm vetty questions and just general farming questions

ReputationRep:
    He's so nice. When we get clinical personal tutors I want him, mike steele (large animal vet - esp cattle) or Rose thomous (spelling?) (large animal vet - esp sheep).

ReputationRep:
    Some of us may have offers from Bristol in 48 ish hours... How scary is that!!!

ReputationRep:
    i just applied for a lambing job paying £7 an hour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    start 8pm - 3am shifts the day after my ed interview and after 2 weeks i start at another farm 6am- 2pm...... im gona hate sheep by the end of that!!!! but i will have puuppies to keep me amused

good luck for everyone tomorrow, is there bristol, liv and edinburgh interviews?
    good luck bethhhhhhhyyyy!! (although id rather u get into Liv)

if i get into edinburgh, im definatly gona be a **** vet, i think youve definatly gota go with gut feeling, and my love for edinburgh isnt going away, cannot wait to go there again :woo:
    thanxyyy!!
    oww you will hate sheep at the end, i have a couple who dont let their lambs suckle, pain in the arss! and the yearlings have just started and I cant bloody catch them so end up doing rugby tackles and getting a kick in the gutts most time! not fun!
    out round cardiff town tomorrow
    first time wearing make up/heels/drinking for 4 weeks!!! :eek:

Talon dont say that it scared me...this farmy guy sound awesome, I want him!!! but then again I havn't seen many farmy ops, just c-sections.

I'm going to visit this farm today who have loads and loads of sheep, just so I can see the difference and stuff, then going to gut up and go to the chiken shed, I have to shower, thro my underwear over the wall, then change into other clothing, and ring a bell before I enter! I though they were joking to begin with...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.