Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    Exactly how im feeling,though i really dont want a gap year, so i really need a bris interview & not f*** it up like i did with cambridge and rvc :unsure:
    You don't know you ****** up RVC. Very hypocritical of me to say because I KNOW I ****** up RVC :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    You don't know you ****** up RVC. Very hypocritical of me to say because I KNOW I ****** up RVC :p:
    Even if you ****** up RVC! which you didn't, you probably totally wowed then at Liv so relax... now who's a hypocrit? ........ MEEEE :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Even if you ****** up RVC! which you didn't, you probably totally wowed then at Liv so relax... now who's a hypocrit? ........ MEEEE :p:
    No, I didn't, they've already given offers for my interview date! So a rejection is almost certainly on its way. But I don't mind as much as I would of a few weeks ago, a gap year is really starting to appeal. I'll still probably cry like a baby for days when my rejections arrive :p:

Do you feel prepared for tomorrow? Do you have a favourite by the way?

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't, they've already given offers for my interview date! So a rejection is almost certainly on its way. But I don't mind as much as I would of a few weeks ago, a gap year is really starting to appeal. I'll still probably cry like a baby for days when my rejections arrive :p:

i'll never forget the feeling of getting my last rejection last march.. had a total mental breakdown lol

ReputationRep:
    arrrgh, i got an email back about the lambing job giving me a number to phone them at, but i have a cold atm so cant phone them for a few days, and i bet someone will snatch up the job in that time.

ReputationRep:

They have not given out conditionals for that day... so there you are speaking rubbish I am afraid! :p:

Well I should be prepared, but am probs not. I will take any offer with a huge amount of gratitude, no favourites. (Well maybe but I am not saying! :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    arrrgh, i got an email back about the lambing job giving me a number to phone them at, but i have a cold atm so cant phone them for a few days, and i bet someone will snatch up the job in that time.
    Surely you can still phone them with a cold? Yeah, you might sound a bit bunged up, but unless you have completely lost your voice, surely it's worth at least trying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    They have not given out conditionals for that day... so there you are speaking rubbish I am afraid! :p:

Well I should be prepared, but am probs not. I will take any offer with a huge amount of gratitude, no favourites. (Well maybe but I am not saying! :p: )
    There is no proof they are doing unconditionals first and then conditionals. They didn't do it that way last year. It would make no sense, too. Liverpool don't give out many conditionals anyway, the vast majority of their places go to reappliers, from what I've heard. And, to be honest, who can blame them? Generally, re-apps have much better applications than first time appliers and they have obviously shown they have the commitment because they're willing to take a gap year to try again. It's a bit of a vicious cycle, but it's understandable why so many good applicants don't get in first time round.

Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Surely you can still phone them with a cold? Yeah, you might sound a bit bunged up, but unless you have completely lost your voice, surely it's worth at least trying?
    i could. really i'm just trying to think of excuses to put it off cos i hate phoning people soooo much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i could. really i'm just trying to think of excuses to put it off cos i hate phoning people soooo much.
    This :o:

I have to phone my farmer for lambing tonight, to ask him where his farm is, when he wants me to be there, how long etc. I don't want to sound like a total moron though...so I'll ask you guys the silly questions instead?

What should I wear for lambing? I'm thinking waterproof trousers & jacket, would wellies or walking boots be better? My boots have steel toecaps but my wellies don't, if that makes any difference. What is a sensible amount of hours to do there, i imagine he might do the old "come and go when you like" so I wasn't sure what to say. Half 8 - half 5 or something?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)

I have to phone my farmer for lambing tonight, to ask him where his farm is, when he wants me to be there, how long etc. I don't want to sound like a total moron though...so I'll ask you guys the silly questions instead?

What should I wear for lambing? I'm thinking waterproof trousers & jacket, would wellies or walking boots be better? My boots have steel toecaps but my wellies don't, if that makes any difference. What is a sensible amount of hours to do there, i imagine he might do the old "come and go when you like" so I wasn't sure what to say. Half 8 - half 5 or something?
    Thanks
    DEFINITELY wellies, seriously. You will regret it otherwise. Steel-cap won't make much difference, it doesn't hurt that much when a sheep stands on you. It's when they head butt you it hurts :p: Waterproof top and trousers, too, especially in this weather. I do my lambing from 7am-6pm ish (it depends on what needs doing and what's happening), although today I did 7-2.30 because I have my Chemistry tutor at 5 and I needed to get back and ready.

All farmers are different, so just ask what hours work experience students usually do and say you're flexible (unless you aren't, obviously). You're going to really enjoy lambing, it's so much fun

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    make sure you wear a big fleecey thing...and then a waterproof jacket over it
    i usually take another jumper as well as it can get cold quickly
    waterproof trousers are a must!
    one day last week i was a bit late so i forgot to put them on
    and something was lambing as soon as i got there
    so pulled it out
    and got loads of wet nasty afterbirth on my jeans :/
    i was like "erm yes i might go and get my waterproofs now..." :cool:

my wellies didnt have toecaps but they were too small and so painful and i havent even had them that long...and they made me foot wayyyy creaky,,,was horrible
    but what im trying to say is i survived without toe caps lol

i worked 8 til about 5
    but left earlier some days
    and one day started at 7:15

/ramble

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    Thank you guys I'm really looking forward to it, its not for a couple of weeks still.

Also,
    Bristol rejection :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Least you aren't lambing when you find out, staying in a stinky little caravan! :woo:

Atleast I am lambing with a friend.
    I've decided to bring a bottle of neat vodka and a bottle of champagne. I'll open one or the other, depending on the outcome of UCAS. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys I'm really looking forward to it, its not for a couple of weeks still.

Also,
    its good fun,, youll love it

and thats crap...how did u find out?
    i feel mine is impending..:/.

ReputationRep:
    its good fun,, youll love it

and thats crap...how did u find out?
    i feel mine is impending..:/.
    Email, just now..
    I'm guessing on-hold rejection are being sent out today,so presumable the on-hold interviews will be given out today or tomorrow.
    I thought I'd at least be a little upset, but to be honest I'm not even surprised :p:

ReputationRep:
    Email, just now..
    I'm guessing on-hold rejection are being sent out today,so presumable the on-hold interviews will be given out today or tomorrow.
    I thought I'd at least be a little upset, but to be honest I'm not even surprised :p:
    ohh,,,im sorry anyway,
    i actually feel a little bit sick now theyre sending rejections :/

ReputationRep:
    ohh,,,im sorry anyway,
    i actually feel a little bit sick now theyre sending rejections :/
    I reeeally hope you don't get one
    In fact, I reeeeeaaallly hope no-one else gets one, and that I'll be the only one. I want everyone to get in!

ReputationRep:

Also,
    I'm sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    Poop Bristol rejection... Oh well it was my least fav - couldnt put up with Becky for another 5 years hah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.