Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I reeeally hope you don't get one
    In fact, I reeeeeaaallly hope no-one else gets one, and that I'll be the only one. I want everyone to get in!
    awh thank you claire,,,theres **** loads of people on hold tho so im not hopeful

and yeh i think they should just let us all in haha where-ever we want to go,,,AND be grateful for having us :p:

(Original post by FireAndIce)
    couldnt put up with Becky for another 5 years hah
    becky'll love that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Poop Bristol rejection... Oh well it was my least fav - couldnt put up with Becky for another 5 years hah
    :teehee:

Bad luck though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    awh thank you claire,,,theres **** loads of people on hold tho so im not hopeful

and yeh i think they should just let us all in haha where-ever we want to go,,,AND be grateful for having us :p:

becky'll love that :p:
    The fact that you haven't heard yet is a good sign, though. No news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Thank you guys I'm really looking forward to it, its not for a couple of weeks still.

Also,
    Bristol rejection :o:

sorry 2 hear.. but screw Bristol wen u'v got CAMBRIDGE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    You don't know you ****** up RVC. Very hypocritical of me to say because I KNOW I ****** up RVC :p:
    ahh but i do know, they only asked me 3 veterinary questions in my whole interview, so i woud guess that they werent even taking my interview to seriously

but yeah, looking very much like a gap year now, as seen as ive just got my bristol rejection email
    :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    ahh but i do know, they only asked me 3 veterinary questions in my whole interview, so i woud guess that they werent even taking my interview to seriously

but yeah, looking very much like a gap year now, as seen as ive just got my bristol rejection email
    :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
    Noooooo =( dnt give up yet thou, RVC may have gone better than you think. And even if you do take a gap year think of the holidays, work experience and the amazing feeling you will get when the unconditionals roll in =)

ReputationRep:
    bristol rejection :/ hmm oh well not surprised tbh and it was my bottom choice so never mind. i think they kind of semi personalised the end of the email cos it said ' In the meantime, you should gain as much animal-related work experience as you can, especially veterinary and farm work.'
    or did everyones say this? i always knew it wouldbe my we that let me down.

sorry to hear the other rejections. good luck to everyone whos still on hold though! no news is good news!! hehe and good luck for interviews tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on what I can be expecting from Bristol tomorrow? Liverpool really didn't require me to remember much...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiv583)
    bristol rejection :/ hmm oh well not surprised tbh and it was my bottom choice so never mind. i think they kind of semi personalised the end of the email cos it said ' In the meantime, you should gain as much animal-related work experience as you can, especially veterinary and farm work.'

sorry to hear the other rejections. good luck to everyone whos still on hold though! no news is good news!! hehe and good luck for interviews tomorrow
    mine said exactly that aswell, so no personalisation

ReputationRep:
    Quick question. If an animal has bluetongue, is there any treatment for it? I know there are vaccinations but obviously this is prevention not cure. Are infected animals slaughtered or are they treated?
    Sorry to hear about Bristol rejections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    mine said exactly that aswell, so no personalisation
    Yeah I got that too ... =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Any tips on what I can be expecting from Bristol tomorrow? Liverpool really didn't require me to remember much...:rolleyes:
    know ur personal statement inside out (i'm sure u already do) and be prepared to have at least a 10 minute conversation about any thing u have written !! I wrote in my personal statement that i saw cat having uncontrollable seizures following aglae intoxication and they grilled me on algae, toxication, drugs to treat toxication, some welfare stuff bout cats.. .. so thats my best advice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    Quick question. If an animal has bluetongue, is there any treatment for it? I know there are vaccinations but obviously this is prevention not cure. Are infected animals slaughtered or are they treated?
    Sorry to hear about Bristol rejections
    No real treatment. (Obviously no antibiotics 'cause it's viral) I should imagine you'd only be able to administer drugs to lower the animal's temperature etc and make it a bit more comfortable.

I think slaughter is down to the farmer. There is no legal requirement to cull your animal like in FMD but recovery can take a few months - and obviously their productivity will be low, they will have lost condition, you'll be having to feed them/house them and getting nothing from them in return etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiv583)

Same - rejection after on-hold without int. Tbh was expecting it, they've not rejected anyone yet I don't think. And mine said about farm even though I've worked at one in school hols since I was a kid. Gap year here I come!

ReputationRep:
    ergh to bristol rejections but at least they are getting on with it now!!!! i want them to hurry up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    ergh to bristol rejections but at least they are getting on with it now!!!! i want them to hurry up!

lol am i right in saying that u wouldnt chose Brizzle ne way??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    The fact that you haven't heard yet is a good sign, though. No news is good news!
    same applies to you about your bris, rvc and liv interviews :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    lol am i right in saying that u wouldnt chose Brizzle ne way??
    errrr it depends on the result of edinburgh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    errrr it depends on the result of edinburgh :rolleyes:
    Every1 seems to love the Edinburgh campus..one girl i was speaking to at the Briz interview was raving about how modern the facilities were etc. starting to think i should have had a look at the uni be4 i made my decision where to apply :o: - but to be honest, although it sounds trivial.. i was put off by the weather.. its always raining in Edinburgh !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    No real treatment. (Obviously no antibiotics 'cause it's viral) I should imagine you'd only be able to administer drugs to lower the animal's temperature etc and make it a bit more comfortable.

I think slaughter is down to the farmer. There is no legal requirement to cull your animal like in FMD but recovery can take a few months - and obviously their productivity will be low, they will have lost condition, you'll be having to feed them/house them and getting nothing from them in return etc...
    Thanks! And good luck for interviews tomorrow, I might see some of you at Bristol!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.