Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: Bristol tomorrow! I don't actually feel well, went rushing around everywhere today, and am exhausted now. Tried to get a reference from my vets, who I haven't been to in ages. But they wrote something about lacking confidence, which I really wasn't happy with, so asked why they thought that of me, and if they could change it. The vet nurse who wrote it didn't even see me! :mad:

Any tips for tomorrow guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)

Any tips for tomorrow guys?
    look out for meee!!! hahaha
    I'll have yellow fingers due to Iodine, blonde hair, welsh accent, wearing a hat and scarff and chek red coat with white ffluff in the hood!! hahahaha
    think i added u on FB....LOLs

I'm just excited atm, even though I havnt preped at all compared to last year...I still dont know my vaccinations

ReputationRep:
    Also..if anyone knows...are cattle vaccinated for foot and Mouth constantly?

Ah, its ok. Found it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    look out for meee!!! hahaha
    I'll have yellow fingers due to Iodine, blonde hair, welsh accent, wearing a hat and scarff and chek red coat with white ffluff in the hood!! hahahaha
    think i added u on FB....LOLs

I'm just excited atm, even though I havnt preped at all compared to last year...I still dont know my vaccinations
    :yep: I will. I aim to be there at around 3.30, as my interview is at 4.55, and i don't like waiting so long, it just scares me a lot more...

We have to know vaccinations? As in the actual names, and what they do etc???!

ReputationRep:
    My interview is at 14:25 and I'm arriving at about 11:30 :o: 3 hours to wait :p:

I can't remember anything...hopefully it'll all come back to me at the last minute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    My interview is at 14:25 and I'm arriving at about 11:30 :o: 3 hours to wait :p:

I can't remember anything...hopefully it'll all come back to me at the last minute!
    Woah! What are you gonna do for all that time?? You're making me consider coming earlier now...but then that would have to be around 2.00pm for the tour, so I would still be waiting around for 2 hrs ish...

I'm sure you know it all, we all just feel like that...:p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anybody help please, i am new to this.
    I see some peeps have written that their RVC interview was not what the expected, but i cant find the original messages on the subject.
    I have an interview at RVC for the 4yr course next week, if anyone has any advice /tips I would be VERY grateful! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    right, been thinking about bristol...

Yes i LOOOVE the city and location, but it's the worst vet school, and I've heard that apparently only 3,4,5 years are garenteed to qualify, and there's a chance 1,2 year and newer may not become recognised due to this whole dispute over facilites. thats coming from a 1st year ar bristol vet school by the way...

anyone know any more?

ReputationRep:
    Oh GOOD LUCK to everyone with interviews tomorrow!!!

please don't let my comment above put you off!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    Oh GOOD LUCK to everyone with interviews tomorrow!!!

please don't let my comment above put you off!! haha
    Aaaah what?! Bristol is my last chance to get in this year, I need to look positive about the vet school in my interview or it will come across if I'm not that keen! Is that true?? Bummer. Gap yearing it up perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    I knw nothing about Bristol. Everyone on here seems so negative about it....

:P I'm not even going on the tour. XD

ReputationRep:
    oaktrees, just go into your bristol interview, give it all youve got and see what comes of it, i was in the same position last year although i liked bristol and it was first choice so i went in panicking so bad knowing it was my absolute last chance for the year, (having had 3 rejections already and no interviews) but i truly do beleive i had a gap year for a reason, i am absolutely loving it, i changed my mind about the unis and applied to edinburgh and glasgow, and HOPEFULLY ill be off to my favourate uni in september!! if its meant to be it will be, if u go in not OVERLY worried your more likely to do well, i freaked out so bad last year and look where it got me? but im happy it happened and having had the extra experience of another interview will really help u next year!! u will no what to expect
    goooooood luck!!!!!!
    anyone worried about maybe having to reapply i have to say, i REALLY didnt want one, i hated the idea of it but i found otu pretty early on, end of feb sometime and once id booked in a load of work exp and could see my application improving it was fine, im lucky enough that alot of my friends have been doing foundation courses BUT ul be suprised who u make friends with, old friends from school that uve lost touch with etc, u sorta make friends with people because their around and its nice!
    and obviously unconditional offer :woo:
    im sooo glad i didnt start uni in september, i wasnt ready for it, especially after the summer of awful things! So if its what u want to do, dont just give up on it because u dont liek the idea of a gap year, they are awesome, no exams, no revision, no buses, no college, no stress, just chill out, improve yr application, earn some money, travel the world, meet new people and have the time of yr life ready to start vet school and be a better vet student than anyone who gets in first time :p:

ReputationRep:

Yes i LOOOVE the city and location, but it's the worst vet school, and I've heard that apparently only 3,4,5 years are garenteed to qualify, and there's a chance 1,2 year and newer may not become recognised due to this whole dispute over facilites. thats coming from a 1st year ar bristol vet school by the way...

anyone know any more?
    yay for the bristol hate :p:

IF i get into edinburgh BEFORE i hear from Bristol, im going to with draw from bristol to stop myself from being tempted IF i did miraculously get an offer for there.

ReputationRep:

anyone know any more?
    heard that from a 3rd year at glas too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    heard that from a 3rd year at glas too
    surely bristol should be telling us this????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    surely bristol should be telling us this????
    why would they tell us! they want to impress new students - not put them off!

ReputationRep:
    woahh is that true, they'd really stop us from qualifying because of facilities? :/ i read earlier on in the thread that it goes through phases of which vet school to like, criticise, there's always one that's going to have the oldest facilities etc...

ReputationRep:
    Any help with RVC interview anyone PLEASE?!

Also does anyone have a notts interview this week or have they finished them now? (i.e. possible offers/rejections soon)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleo88)
    Any help with RVC interview anyone PLEASE?!

Also does anyone have a notts interview this week or have they finished them now? (i.e. possible offers/rejections soon)
    when i had my interview i'm sure they told us they were interviewing right up untill the end of the admissions process so no one would hear until end of march, but i dont know of anyone on here or the fb group with a notts interview today soo i dunno...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, guess its jus a case of waiting then!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.