Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    But for the sake of sanity, assume you're on hold. And that even if you were to get a call and be exceptional, it wouldn't be until Monday. Don't drive yourselves crazy waiting for a call, bursting out of your chair every time the phone rings and then breathlessly answering to find out that you, in fact, may be eligible to save up to £120 on your home insurance!

Sales calls make my day; you've got to toy with them
    if they have a heavy accent i try to copy it... just to see what they do :p: one man tried asking whereabouts in india my family came from!

ReputationRep:
    But for the sake of sanity, assume you're on hold. And that even if you were to get a call and be exceptional, it wouldn't be until Monday. Don't drive yourselves crazy waiting for a call, bursting out of your chair every time the phone rings and then breathlessly answering to find out that you, in fact, may be eligible to save up to £120 on your home insurance!

Haha this is me exactly, today. Had Brizzle yesterday and so far only my Nannas carer and someone form work has called. Im sure they could tell the dissapointment in my voice :p:
    Ok i'm going to stop obsessing now :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Pendragon)
    Ok i'm going to stop obsessing now :yes:
    I made sure i got out of the house, rather than sat at home watching my phone :P, took my mind off it alot if i had something else to think about.

And its all well and good saying that Power, but putting that in to practice(or se?) is extremely difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckybob)
    I made sure i got out of the house, rather than sat at home watching my phone :P, took my mind off it alot if i had something else to think about.

And its all well and good saying that Power, but putting that in to practice(or se?) is extremely difficult.
    Suddenly im at a loss as to what to do with myself! I have zero revision i need to do now this year! It's a strange feeling, having no deadlines at all. I need a vice.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I had a kit-kat for breakfast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampanache)
    I had a kit-kat for breakfast
    Not cold baked beans? Ohhhh, how good to be on a gap year

ReputationRep:
    i just milked cows.. now for breakfast no.2

ReputationRep:
    i just booked trains for liverpool

ReputationRep:

I once told someone I'd been bitten by a racoon and couldn't bear the site of any exotic animals, so now I wasn't interested in subscribing to her wildlife magazine. She sounded genuinely apologetic... but then asked if I was interested in cooking. -_- haha.

ReputationRep:
    Who else had liverpool interviews yesterday?

I don't think mine went incredibly well. A couple stations were good but this one guy was just so non-responsive toward me it was unbelievable.

Ahh well.

How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by East Stah)
    Who else had liverpool interviews yesterday?

I don't think mine went incredibly well. A couple stations were good but this one guy was just so non-responsive toward me it was unbelievable.

Ahh well.

How did everyone else find it?
    Erch i had a guy like that last year. The "stress in the prfession" guy. He was just staring out of the window!! Very off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    Erch i had a guy like that last year. The "stress in the prfession" guy. He was just staring out of the window!! Very off-putting.
    haha i think i had that guy last year too! he spent the whole time staring over my shoulder into space.... fun!

ReputationRep:
    the liverpool interviewers seemed pretty uninterested tbf.

ReputationRep:
    in 2 weeks time i will have done my last ever vet school interview
    its really quite exciting
    wow im really wasting the day today
    i dont have work til 4... but im still gonna achieve nothing before that
    haha i love gap years

ReputationRep:
    haaa same, im doing nothiiiing, i did get up early(ish) and milk cows but now im doing nothing

cancelled my africa trip but does mean i wont be skint forever lol

ReputationRep:
    Suddenly im at a loss as to what to do with myself! I have zero revision i need to do now this year! It's a strange feeling, having no deadlines at all. I need a vice.. :rolleyes:
    heya! how did your interview go? we tried to try and suss if you were there or not (we all left about half 4) but had no idea what you looked like lol :p:

and yeah it's so weird that i've done my last interview - and won't ever have to do anymore! i think 6 in 2 years is more than enough to go through haha

ReputationRep:
    last shift at maccys here i come!!

ReputationRep:
    RVC was horrible

ReputationRep:
    rachhhh what breed are your cows? i guessed fresian.
    i couldnt remember that but i did remember that the gestation period of an alpaca is 11 months. not sure why i ever knew that int he first place tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Starfall, there is only one morotway in Wales, and thats between cardiff and swanse, so before I travelled to manc bout 2 weeks ago I hadn't bene on one, they are fun though, much better than windy roads round here where ur stuck behind a pensioneer for like houers!!!
    and as for speaking in indian thats classic!! We always piss them off!

I'm home today...and I think it's carzy some of you have snow, it was like a day in August here, I've been up the mountain without a coat even, and was tempted to go swimming in the lake...but the water was freezzzing!! :p: Sun is still out...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.