Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    just back
    How was it jade?? Did you have a good interview??
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    How was it jade?? Did you have a good interview??
    Pretty good, but I got all my heart messed up. :mad:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I couldn't remember ventricles and atriums.

ReputationRep:
    Well my interview kinda ended on the note of:

So your a geek but likes to bake banana and honey muffins

I also wrote on my PS that I'd read some 85 page report....one of my interviewers just HAPPENED to be the co-writer....LOL! He was pretty impressed when I was actually able to talk about it.

My two interviews kept saying they were trying to catch me out but couldn't, they even started asking me maths questions :p:

I tripped up on how to administer Kennel Cough though....apparently it's up the nose....since when....I must have been blind!

ReputationRep:
    How did you end up talking about that?!

And if the rest of your interview went well they probably don't care jade, don't worry about it!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Haha thanks oaktrees! I hope so anyways . Haha I saweth shedy.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Well my interview kinda ended on the note of:

So your a geek but likes to bake banana and honey muffins

I also wrote on my PS that I'd read some 85 page report....one of my interviewers just HAPPENED to be the co-writer....LOL! He was pretty impressed when I was actually able to talk about it.

My two interviews kept saying they were trying to catch me out but couldn't, they even started asking me maths questions :p:

I tripped up on how to administer Kennel Cough though....apparently it's up the nose....since when....I must have been blind!

Yeah, this caught me out at liv. :P.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like your interviews all went well
    As for talking about cake in interviews in my Nottingham one we were very close to the end - to wrapp up my interviewer asked me :
    "so FAGV, what do you think you could bring to the course?"

so I thought for a while and really couldn't think of anything valid or intelligent to say, however I had already worked out my interviwer had a good sense of humour
    so I replied
    "I make a darn good chcolate cake "
    one year and one month on I'm sat in my room at Nottingham vet school revising Cardioresp for a formative exam....
    t'is all good :p: ...

ReputationRep:
    How did you end up talking about that?!

And if the rest of your interview went well they probably don't care jade, don't worry about it!

haha basically Mr Bob...yes he was called Bob said "so do you make anything" I said "yer I build alot of computers for people and I'm kinda into that uncool stuff" - "so your a geek then?" - "hmm yer I guess you could say that" - "so what else do you make that's non technical?" - "errrm I baked some mean banana and honey muffins"

He loved it :p:

I mentioned in my PS that I'd read some 85 page report titled "unlocking potential" ok this guy happened to CO-WRITE the report....wtf :rolleyes: so yer he was happy that somebody had actually read it haha

Haha thanks oaktrees! I hope so anyways . Haha I saweth shedy.
    Hahaha yes strangly enough I did speak to this girl called Jade...musta been you

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I hate the 'trying to trip you up/catch you out' thing. I know that is half the point but I fall into every trap or I just run out of things to say. Ah well, this time next week it will be over!

Edit: Ah I see about the muffins thing. I have to say though, apple and raisin are much nicer, especially when I make them :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I hate the 'trying to trip you up/catch you out' thing. I know that is half the point but I fall into every trap or I just run out of things to say. Ah well, this time next week it will be over!

Edit: Ah I see about the muffins thing. I have to say though, apple and raisin are much nicer, especially when I make them :p:
    Yerr the man said "I've been trying to catch you out but so far failed so I'll give you a maths question" :confused:

I have a 25 kg dog and it needs 4mg per kg per day I have 25mg tablets. How many tablets do I need for a 5 day treatment?

I got it right....poor interviewer :rolleyes: so that's when I think he gave up and broke out the "so have you made anything" :p:

Really enjoyed today...even though now I've been up for errrm 16 hours :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future African game vet)
    sounds like your interviews all went well
    As for talking about cake in interviews in my Nottingham one we were very close to the end - to wrapp up my interviewer asked me :
    "so FAGV, what do you think you could bring to the course?"

so I thought for a while and really couldn't think of anything valid or intelligent to say, however I had already worked out my interviwer had a good sense of humour
    so I replied
    "I make a darn good chcolate cake "
    one year and one month on I'm sat in my room at Nottingham vet school revising Cardioresp for a formative exam....
    t'is all good :p: ...
    i got asked that last year at bristol and said i would start a softball club. clearly thats not what they wanted to hear.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't remember ventricles and atriums.

i would not be able to remember them either, was it just a random question out of the blue ?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if bristol have any more interview dates left to give out ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma_fallon)
    does anyone know if bristol have any more interview dates left to give out ?
    They have two more interview dates....I don't know if they've been given out already or what though

ReputationRep:
    Pleasssse does anyone have any info on what the edinburgh interviews are like??? the kind of stuff they like to ask about etc etc??

It's my last interview to do and it's on tuesday, eeeek.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks

i think they have being given out, according to facebook anyway

I haven't been given one looks like I'm waiting a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma_fallon)
    ok thanks

i think they have being given out, according to facebook anyway

I haven't been given one looks like I'm waiting a rejection
    not sure if theyve given out the date for onholders yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    not sure if theyve given out the date for onholders yet

ok well i can always hope

ReputationRep:
    ditto

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.