The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ViolinGirl
Woah you heard in same day????!

How was the interview? (well good I assume, but very vetty-cause mine was!)

Yh, i did hear the same day :smile: and mine was a mixture of science, ps and vetty!! I thought it went okay, but nothing special. I actually thought my cambridge one went better! (anyone who thought they messed up, stay positive, you could still get an offer!) How did you think yours went?

And at the talk yesterday Lynda Moore said they will try to let everybody know by the end of the week and rejections and on-holds will be by e-mail!
Reply 1521
I think I'm going to try and stay away from TSR for a bit (I don't know how long it will last). Actually, I might delete my account in the next few days (when I'm no longer sick with nothing to do :p: ).

I just can't keep looking at it anymore, it depresses me so much and I know I annoy people by being so pessimistic. I just don't think I am good enough to be a vet, I wish I'd put a back up.
Don't delete your account steph!! You'll regret it afterwards! And you'll lose all your rep! And people still need your knowledge and good advice :wink:
Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1524
steph_v
I think I'm going to try and stay away from TSR for a bit (I don't know how long it will last). Actually, I might delete my account in the next few days (when I'm no longer sick with nothing to do :p: ).

I just can't keep looking at it anymore, it depresses me so much and I know I annoy people by being so pessimistic. I just don't think I am good enough to be a vet, I wish I'd put a back up.

This! I am feeling incredibly pessimistic. Not helping my prep for Bristol at all. I wish I just knew, I hate the uncertainty. At the end of the day if I get rejected this time next week then at least I will know what i am doing and I can be proactive by planning my gap year and next year's app. Now I can't do anything except stress.
steph_v

you can get a temporary ban, not sure how though
oaktrees
This! I am feeling incredibly pessimistic. Not helping my prep for Bristol at all. i wish I just knew, I hate the uncertainty. At the end of the day if I get rejected this time next week then at least i will know what i am doing and I can be proactive by planning my gap year and next year's app. Now i can;t do anything except stress.

ino! even when i see people with bristol offers its make me feel rubbish so i cant imagine how it feels for you guys, but uve just gota hang in there steph, youve got 3 GREAT chances of an offer its just a waiting game, nothing u can do now but wait, try and distract yrself from it all and one day youll suddenly have an offer and ull wonder why u stressed out so much. Oaktrees, just prepare, if u go in prepared and organised and try yr best, then thats all u can do, if its meant to be u will get in, interviews are hard, alot of it is LUCK, but if u go in as prepared as u can and try yr best! i was in the same position as you, and with 3 other rejections it does make it 1000 times harder to stay calm, but i prepared as much as i could and i went in there and did what i could, yeh i got a rejection and a cried and it was horrible, but it was a good experience, it forced me to become a better applicant and im so pleased it did. either way, youl be going to vet school in the end so it doesnt matter :p:
Reply 1527
Does anyone have any advice PLEASE for the kind of things to expect at RVC interview? I have mine next week and am nervous! Do they emphasise scientifice knowledge or PS or just general trick questions?
im looking at all the edinburgh stuff :love: oh im in love with the place, just looking at the pictures... :love:

must keep prepping. must keep prepping.
Reply 1529
Annaconda
you can get a temporary ban, not sure how though

Do you have any idea who I would need to talk to?
Reply 1530
Cleo88
Does anyone have any advice PLEASE for the kind of things to expect at RVC interview? I have mine next week and am nervous! Do they emphasise scientifice knowledge or PS or just general trick questions?

Cleo DON'T WORRY! There's not really anything we can tell you apart from that. As far as I've gathered, every interview at the RVC is different, it depends on the day and on who you have. Some people were asked about SA, some about farming, some about A-level science. All you can do is prepare: look over what you know, make sure you have a decent overview of current vet issues, but don't worry, you can't know everything! Make sure you know things about what you put in your ps and don't get too nervous! The worse thing you can do is clam up and come out knowing you could have said more, so go in thinking 'chatty, vibrant and confidant' and the stuff you prepared will just flow out. That's really all the advice I can give.

And Steph, don't go! You still have to hear from 3 Unis that you had interviews with! There MUST be an offer in there for you, otherwise there's no WAY you wuld have gotten 3 interviews in the 1st place! Pls stay positive! And anyway, if you end up on a gap year, we want to know what you'll b doing and you'll be here to help all the new applicants next yr, like some of us did this yr!
steph_v
Do you have any idea who I would need to talk to?

apparantly you post in here
dont tel her anna, we dont want her to leave :s-smilie:
That was the worst interview I have ever had!! They were fuk3n racist against the welsh, and I would have walked out if I had an offer allready, i'm never ever applying to Bristol again, they asked me Q about the link between AIDS and TB!!!! and I had a go at the man..uchh...I'd rather go to Glasgow to do my bio-vets then ppay £20k grad fee than go there if thats the way all their staff will look at me!
The only thing I can think of is last year they said my sciene knowledeg for verry good, so they asked me the worst sort you could get..even went through different paces different horse breeds have, and ask about the different types of E-coli! Which I had obviously no idea of...hhe even said in the end "she doesnt know, I will not ask you the next Q I had planned coz it will be too hard"
No news yet.
Reply 1535
Yer so errm I got a phone call this morning on my mobile (which the ear piece doesn't work very well)

Hello this is Lynda Moore

Why isn't the ******* phone working?

Is your phone working now?

:eek: *she just heard me swear* yes it's working now....hi :biggrin:

BRISTOL OFFFERRRRRRR

13 hours after interview :biggrin: I must of kicked some ass tbh :wink: even though I didn't know how to administer the Kennel Cough vaccine. I know the secret to getting a offer now.....BAKING :wink: all about baking banana and honey muffins :p:
:tongue: congrats.
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
That was the worst interview I have ever had!! They were fuk3n racist against the welsh, and I would have walked out if I had an offer allready, i'm never ever applying to Bristol again, they asked me Q about the link between AIDS and TB!!!! and I had a go at the man..uchh...I'd rather go to Glasgow to do my bio-vets then ppay £20k grad fee than go there if thats the way all their staff will look at me!
The only thing I can think of is last year they said my sciene knowledeg for verry good, so they asked me the worst sort you could get..even went through different paces different horse breeds have, and ask about the different types of E-coli! Which I had obviously no idea of...hhe even said in the end "she doesnt know, I will not ask you the next Q I had planned coz it will be too hard"

that doesnt sound good :console: how were they racist?
hopefully you'll get a liverpool offer.
is there a link between AIDS and TB???
Mmm, two interviews left.
Reply 1539
x_dwin_ffeimys_x

Sorry:frown: on the bright side bristol vet school is probably the worst atm and you will get a offer from liverpool anyway. Liverpool>>>>bristol:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending