Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i survived liverpool
    i dont think my interview went too well, a couple of the stations were reeeeeeally terrible and i know my references are pretty crap but i actually had loads of fun wen i was there :p:
    on one of the stations we went completely off topic and started discussing dairy goats and a crazy man who does postmortems on marine mammals and then on my last station the guy kept talking even after the bell thing went and he kept asking me stuff unitl they came over and told him to let me go lol
    just gotts wait now i hope they dont take as long as last year to tell me but i bet they will
    im having some major liverpool love at the moment :love: as much as edinburgh is amazing, liverpool just felt like home (in a good way :p: )

congrats on lots of offers people
    and gutted about the rejections, especially sarah, just dont give up!

ReputationRep:
    We need to get Samz on here to motivate captainsarah

She's the queen of rejections...........meh it was meant to sound like a good thing

ReputationRep:
    Been thinking bout this link between TB and HIV/AIDS.. I think there were lots of ways you could have interpreted that and agree with Claire that its not a knowledge based question but rather one testing your problem solving skills..

I suppose a major concept that unifies both diseases is their ability to transfer from animals to humans in different forms. I.e in the case of HIV - gorillas to humans and in the case of TB cattle to humans, also as has already been pointed out both are acquired across mucosal membranes, TB across the pulmonary mucosal membranes and HIV predominantly across the reproductive/anal mucosal membranes. They are both chronic, i.e once infected it is almost impossible to fully eradicate the diseases- even though they can remain dormant for extended periods and they are both potentially fatal. In humans of course < HIV +/AIDS patients are more susceptible to acquiring TB due to a compromised immune system and are subsequently at a higher risk of contracting other viral and more commonly fungal diseases. Both diseases are incredibly costly in terms of patient management due to the high dosage of antibiotic (tb) and anti-viral (HIV) required and both are leading causes of death across the world..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Been thinking bout this link between TB and HIV/AIDS.. I think there were lots of ways you could have interpreted that and agree with Claire that its not a knowledge based question but rather one testing your problem solving skills..
    I think this is very true. Sometimes I pretended not to know the answer and then magically work it out :rolleyes:

Dr. 2 be have you done your A levels and congratualtions on your Nottingham offer...I got rejected like after a week or sumit I can't remember....due to suckish GCSE's I should think :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    I think this is very true. Sometimes I pretended not to know the answer and then magically work it out :rolleyes:

Dr. 2 be have you done your A levels and congratualtions on your Nottingham offer...I got rejected like after a week or sumit I can't remember....due to suckish GCSE's I should think :p:
    Thank you, CONGRATULATIONS with Bristol.. i was so happy wen i got my Bristol offer.. yes i have done my A-levels and am at uni at the moment, hoping to graduate in just over 3 months

U leaving school this summer?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on Bristol offers guys

ReputationRep:
    Hey strangers!!! So what's occuring?? I hope you're all well! Congratulations on the offers, did i see on someones sig that Notts have started with the offers?? Any more Liv offers?! I'm still lambing full time and completely shattered but happy!!

Just a quick note, Steph, chin up lovely, I just saw a facebook comment you'd written, its not over till its over, I hadn't got any offers this time last year, got mine in the middle ish of march! Chin up

ReputationRep:
    eleanorrrrrrr.. what hours u doing? i start 8pm- 3am next friday for 2 weeks then switch to 6am-2pm for 3 weeks. im sorta looking forward to it, apart from loosing my social life!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Thank you, CONGRATULATIONS with Bristol.. i was so happy wen i got my Bristol offer.. yes i have done my A-levels and am at uni at the moment, hoping to graduate in just over 3 months

U leaving school this summer?
    Yeh hopefully if I get the grades :rolleyes:

Probably the least intelligent vet applicant going :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh hopefully if I get the grades :rolleyes:

I'm sure ur not- trust me.. every1 feels like that.. its because there is so much hot air surrounding application and admissions for vet school but in reality a lot of it is down to luck, most applicants are on par with each other, its just peoples confidence that varies, thats what i think any ways

ReputationRep:

wtf? you not intelligent....what the hell am I then?:rolleyes:

(Original post by Enor)
    Hey strangers!!! So what's occuring?? I hope you're all well! Congratulations on the offers, did i see on someones sig that Notts have started with the offers?? Any more Liv offers?! I'm still lambing full time and completely shattered but happy!!

Just a quick note, Steph, chin up lovely, I just saw a facebook comment you'd written, its not over till its over, I hadn't got any offers this time last year, got mine in the middle ish of march! Chin up
    OI OI whats occureeen?? (in my fab welsh accent :p: )
    no more liv offers...few!! hahah
    telling me...I have 3 weeks left here, but now with no more interview stress I will be a lot more enjoyable! yep notts have started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I bet you did better than me at GCSE and AS level :p:

ReputationRep:

welsh :p:

or too busy getting drunk and having fun :yep: u no yr clever, wait for those results, tbf you had **** teachers so not yr fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    welsh :p:

or too busy getting drunk and having fun :yep: u no yr clever enough
    Bro....that makes me seem like some snotty nerd that just reads books

Hellloooooo check facebook. :rolleyes:

This picture from last Friday looks kinda cool

Trippy as **** though

ReputationRep:
    I'm like the worst vet applicant ever.
    I swear I don't deserve an offer
    Hmm , i do know a lot of people on here have no offers at all and really deserve one so saying stuff like this is a bit inconsiderate.

ReputationRep:
    Bro....that makes me seem like some snotty nerd that just reads books

Hellloooooo check facebook. :rolleyes:

This picture from last Friday looks kinda cool

Trippy as **** though
    I was trying not to say anything, but I can't.

Will, please shut the hell up. Can't you tell you're making people feel bad by going on about how 'easy' your interview was and how you were 'oh-so-amazing' because they couldn't catch you out? You're making other people who had difficult interviews feel inadequate, me for one. My interview wasn't that difficult, I just didn't perform as well, because I'm not as brilliant and amazing as you :rolleyes:

Your saying that you are the 'worst vet applicant' and 'least intelligent vet applicant' is not helping anyone, it's just making you look like an idiot. It's funny, because I've met you in person and you didn't seem arrogant at all. In fact, you seemed almost the opposite: completely introverted. You're claiming to have this incredible social life and still be a great student and everything, but you said the complete opposite to be a few months ago? Do you not remember? I probably have the conversations saved somewhere on my computer if I could be bothered to look. Why do you feel the need to look so cool on the internet?

A few weeks ago you were complaining about how terrible Bristol is and how you didn't even want to go there. You were even saying you didn't want to be a vet. How do you think this makes people who want it more than anything feel?

We congratulated you, so stop rubbing it in everyone's faces. No one else has been this ungracious about it. Everyone else has found it easy to be genuinely happy for everyone else with offers because they actually seem grateful for their offers. In fact, I don't even remember ever seeing you congratulate someone else for getting an offer (forgive me if you have, I don't stalk your posts :p:)

I don't care if you think I'm jealous, of course I'm jealous, of course I want an offer, but would you please just be a little more gracious about it? There is nothing wrong with ranting and raving about having an offer, but a little tact is required.

Yes, you could say I'm being hypocritical because this post is not tactful at all, but I have not had a good day, and I apologize if this offends you. I don't know if this is offensive enough to get warned or neg repped or whatever, but frankly, I'm past caring. Everyone is probably going to say I'm being too harsh, but whatever. I can't believe I've stooped so low to arguing over the internet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I was trying not to say anything, but I can't.

Will, please shut the hell up. Can't you tell you're making people feel bad by going on about how 'easy' your interview was and how you were 'oh-so-amazing' because they couldn't catch you out? You're making other people who had difficult interviews feel inadequate, me for one. My interview wasn't that difficult, I just didn't perform as well, because I'm not as brilliant and amazing as you :rolleyes:

Your saying that you are the 'worst vet applicant' and 'least intelligent vet applicant' is not helping anyone, it's just making you look like an idiot. It's funny, because I've met you in person and you didn't seem arrogant at all. In fact, you seemed almost the opposite: completely introverted. You're claiming to have this incredible social life and still be a great student and everything, but you said the complete opposite to be a few months ago? Do you not remember? I probably have the conversations saved somewhere on my computer if I could be bothered to look. Why do you feel the need to look so cool on the internet?

A few weeks ago you were complaining about how terrible Bristol is and how you didn't even want to go there. You were even saying you didn't want to be a vet. How do you think this makes people who want it more than anything feel?

We congratulated you, so stop rubbing it in everyone's faces. No one else has been this ungracious about it. Everyone else has found it easy to be genuinely happy for everyone else with offers because they actually seem grateful for their offers. In fact, I don't even remember ever seeing you congratulate someone else for getting an offer (forgive me if you have, I don't stalk your posts :p:)

I don't care if you think I'm jealous, of course I'm jealous, of course I want an offer, but would you please just be a little more gracious about it? There is nothing wrong with ranting and raving about having an offer, but a little tact is required.

Yes, you could say I'm being hypocritical because this post is not tactful at all, but I have not had a good day, and I apologize if this offends you. I don't know if this is offensive enough to get warned or neg repped or whatever, but frankly, I'm past caring. Everyone is probably going to say I'm being too harsh, but whatever. I can't believe I've stooped so low to arguing over the internet :rolleyes:

*something snaps*

Jezzz you could be happy for me but ok I won't cry

I just merely wanted to point out I don't sit at home and read books...which is kinda the stereotypical image of clever people :rolleyes: it's a shame but true OK.

(Original post by Northern)
    Hmm , i do know a lot of people on here have no offers at all and really deserve one so saying stuff like this is a bit inconsiderate.
    I was only expressing my thoughts at the moment it wasn't meant to offend anybody here or **** anybody off for that matter. I just feel like I don't deserve it as much as some people but maybe you couldn't pick that up from what I'd said. It's a shame you can't express emotion over the internet...

ReputationRep:
    I bet you did better than me at GCSE and AS level :p:
    since when does passing your exams with A* make you intelligent?you can get some really intelligent ppl who know alot of stuff which you dont get tought at at school. And this is what I suck at...make me name more than 2 presidents and I couldnt.

what you trippen on in your pic? bit of skunk, ganji or poppers :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i still dnt knw wat being negged is all about lol .. but yer Steph i knw wat u mean, be4 i got an offer i found it difficult reading posts with ppl raving bout offers.. (even though i understood why they were!)

i think she's got a point though.. every1 should bare in mind that lots of ppl on here dnt have offers and need to be considerate of that fact ( not directed at u shedlife- just generally)

ReputationRep:
    Alot of misinterpretation goes on over the internet because all your reading is just letters on a screen, you've got no voice or expression to go with it

:stomp: <---- this does not count as emotion :p:

since when does passing your exams with A* make you intelligent?you can get some really intelligent ppl who know alot of stuff which you dont get tought at at school. And this is what I suck at...make me name more than 2 presidents and I couldnt.

what you trippen on in your pic? bit of skunk, ganji or poppers :rolleyes:
    PM me your MSN you sound cool...

oh wait bet_till I found you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.