The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Enor
Hey strangers!!! So what's occuring?? I hope you're all well! Congratulations on the offers, did i see on someones sig that Notts have started with the offers?? Any more Liv offers?! I'm still lambing full time and completely shattered but happy!!

I got an offer from Nottingham last night, think i've seen a few other sigs floating around :smile:
Reply 1601
moomooo
I got an offer from Nottingham last night, think i've seen a few other sigs floating around :smile:

Congrats with ur offers, which are ur first and second choices if u dnt mind me asking?
Reply 1602
On an entirly different note... I kinda wish I'd applied somewhere that lets you know about offers on the phone...it sounds like the best experience! It would make me bounce off the walls!!
Reply 1603
Shedlife
*something snaps*

Jezzz you could be happy for me but ok I won't cry :frown:

I just merely wanted to point out I don't sit at home and read books...which is kinda the stereotypical image of clever people :rolleyes: it's a shame but true OK.

I was only expressing my thoughts at the moment it wasn't meant to offend anybody here or **** anybody off for that matter. I just feel like I don't deserve it as much as some people but maybe you couldn't pick that up from what I'd said. It's a shame you can't express emotion over the internet...

Sorry Will but I'm with Steph on this one. We are all happy for you. And we've all congratulated you. You've done really well and you, as well as all of us know that. It's just when people like me and Steph and a lot of others who are still waiting for a potential offer, we don't need someone who is 'the most undeserving applicant' (which you are evidently not) continuing to go on about it. Vet applications are one of the hardest and most competitive, as we all know. And often we all have very similar grades, work experience and personalities. So it is obviously going to be a tight call. So it's be much appreciated if you toned down the negativity, be happy with your offer and accept that you've got it because you deserve it. And support the rest of us.
Sorry to sound like a bore. xx
i really hope notts give out more offers...i'm so worried :frown:
Reply 1605
Ali-Ace
Sorry Will but I'm with Steph on this one. We are all happy for you. And we've all congratulated you. You've done really well and you, as well as all of us know that. It's just when people like me and Steph and a lot of others who are still waiting for a potential offer, we don't need someone who is 'the most undeserving applicant' (which you are evidently not) continuing to go on about it. Vet applications are one of the hardest and most competitive, as we all know. And often we all have very similar grades, work experience and personalities. So it is obviously going to be a tight call. So it's be much appreciated if you toned down the negativity, be happy with your offer and accept that you've got it because you deserve it. And support the rest of us.
Sorry to sound like a bore. xx

Jezzz not another one :rolleyes:

I've got better things than to read about people giving me **** over the internet just cause I'm happy...maybe too happy but I'm not used to success OK

Lets just talk about Nottingham offers because I didn't get one and it seems it's a specific type of candidate that does. I've been wondering about why they choose who they do...
Reply 1606
2 Dr. be
Congrats with ur offers, which are ur first and second choices if u dnt mind me asking?

Thank you! Cambridge is first choice, then Notts. I'm going to withdraw my other applications but I heard from Nottingham on the phone so I kinda want something in writing/on ucas before I withdraw for good.
Reply 1607
Shedlife
Jezzz not another one :rolleyes:

I've got better things than to read about people giving me **** over the internet just cause I'm happy...maybe too happy but I'm not used to success OK

Firstly i think you mean 'Jeezzz' and not 'Jezzz' (:p:)
And I'm not giving you ****, I just wanted to back Steph up. I don't want to have an argument, but I think she's right. You've just got to be a little bit more considerate towards those without any offers. I'm happy too. And I'm sure we all go out at the weekend, we all have many trippy pictures and drunken stories. But there is no need to use it as amo against others just to prove you're not a 'geek'. I'm a geek. I never go out during the week, because I study towards the grades I'm gonna need if I get an offer (Stress on the 'if'). But I go out frequently at the weekend, It's nothing new and nothing to rave (pun intended) about. I just thought you could be a little nicer towards those not as successful as you.

But I'm glad you're happy. :smile:
Reply 1608
Ok me explaining isn't working nor is trying to move on the conversation...I'll try something a bit more direct :p:

STOP! :biggrin: Nottingham anybody?
Reply 1609
sami4132
On an entirly different note... I kinda wish I'd applied somewhere that lets you know about offers on the phone...it sounds like the best experience! It would make me bounce off the walls!!

I wasn't expecting to hear by phone, I had 4 missed calls from the poor guy. It was quite nice to hear, but I keep thinking I didn't hear properly or it was a big joke and they don't really want me?!
Well done on all the Nottingham and Bristol offers :smile: Hopefully there will be more coming!

I'll go back to lurking now. And steph, please don't leave! I want to find out when you get your offer(s) :smile: Not getting involved in any argueing - even though I can understand it is frustrating for people -as it ain't going to help anything.
moomooo
I wasn't expecting to hear by phone, I had 4 missed calls from the poor guy. It was quite nice to hear, but I keep thinking I didn't hear properly or it was a big joke and they don't really want me?!

Well Done!!! :biggrin:

Just out of interest what time did they call? You said last night how late?

Thanks
Reply 1612
i agree with steph in that tact is sometimes called for...
also not been wanting to sound like a cow lol
xxx
ahhh Will i dont think people are giving you ****, its just you hardly ever post on here, and suddenly now your in the lime light you feel the need, although i was suprised i didnt see any red letters this morning ( i was waiting after seeing it on fb :p: )
you have the right to be happy, u obviously did impress them and by the sounds of it had a pretty nice interview that suited you really well, well done and all that, i have offers and it irritates me when poeple DONT get overly happy about there offers, i like people to be happy, it shows they really wanted it, and therefore i think they deserve it :smile:

but again, we arnt all geeks who sit at home reading books, i dont even remember the last time i read a book, we all go out and get drunk and have crazzzy pictures, we dont think your any different :p:
think yrself lucky u had a very nice interview, a very nice phonecall and a vet school offer, today has definatly been your day, just dont go on about it, some people had b***hs of interviews at bristol yesterday and theres alot of people with no offers at all who really wont appreciate it. now go and get totally wrecked to celebrate as your definatly not a geek if u do that :p:
Reply 1614
emmaaa..
i agree with steph in that tact is sometimes called for...
also not been wanting to sound like a cow lol
xxx

:smile:
Reply 1615
Rachhyyyy
ahhh Will i dont think people are giving you ****, its just you hardly ever post on here, and suddenly now your in the lime light you feel the need, although i was suprised i didnt see any red letters this morning ( i was waiting after seeing it on fb :p: )
you have the right to be happy, u obviously did impress them and by the sounds of it had a pretty nice interview that suited you really well, well done and all that, i have offers and it irritates me when poeple DONT get overly happy about there offers, i like people to be happy, it shows they really wanted it, and therefore i think they deserve it :smile:

but again, we arnt all geeks who sit at home reading books, i dont even remember the last time i read a book, we all go out and get drunk and have crazzzy pictures, we dont think your any different :p:
think yrself lucky u had a very nice interview, a very nice phonecall and a vet school offer, today has definatly been your day, just dont go on about it, some people had b***hs of interviews at bristol yesterday and theres alot of people with no offers at all who really wont appreciate it. now go and get totally wrecked to celebrate as your definatly not a geek if u do that :p:

Rachel it was you who started this all off...well started me off on all of this :p: but again I think that's down to the lack of emotion conveyed across the internet and therefore I misinterpreted what you had written.

I have a higher post count than everybody who's commented on this page :smile: barr rachel OBV
In defence of will, I think he can sorta be forgiven for being a bit inconsiderate. I can imagine that the joy of knowing you've got an offer for vet school is enough to mess up anyone's head xD I think he was just trying to be modest when he said he wasn't intelligent or whatever he said. I completely understand steph for being a bit pissed off though.
Shedlife
Rachel it was you who started this all off...well started me off on all of this :p: but again I think that's down to the lack of emotion conveyed across the internet and therefore I misinterpreted what you had written.

I have a higher post count than everybody who's commented on this page :smile:

i have admit i was pretty geekish when i got my offer, i just cried and didnt go out and celebrate at all!!!!!
By the way, is anyone else thinking its weird that there are so few bristol offers from wednesday right now? Weren't there loads by now last time? Or does Lynda not call that many people right away?
Reply 1619
Rachhyyyy
i have admit i was pretty geekish when i got my offer, i just cried and didnt go out and celebrate at all!!!!!

I'm sure your getting your self confused with medics :wink: