Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Didn't that happen at Glasgow this year?
    I would have hated to have seen that, it probably would have made me even more nervous!
    Although that was difficult, especially at Ed (my first interview). I was shut in a waiting room with the scary William **** statue, which probably didn't help. :P
    yeah as i was climbing the many staircases to get to my interview i heard a lot of shouting, doors slamming, some guy screaming his head off and then he ran down past me lol

and woah it's all got a bit confrontational on here tonight which I won't get involved in

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on offers!! Bah I want one :o:

Anybody know anything about when more Notts offers will be given out?
    Or the time you guys were contacted with ur offers?

I kno probs every1 knows as little as me but ooohhh well I'm about to have a nervous breakdown waiting. I just wish each vet school handed out all their offers n rejections on the same day!! I hate the wait!!! I feel well sorry for u guys who've been waiting yonks!

Actually, tbh, the wait wasn't bad until people started getting offers...now its torture!

ReputationRep:
    wise choice hannah, lol. That would have scared the hell out of me, i'm so glad i didnt see the guy b4 my interview yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    starlight, one date last year (mine) at bristol NO-ONE on TSR got an offer, we were all rejected/on-hold, remember tsr isnt all that representative.

im no medic, im squeemish with human blood

ReputationRep:
    heyy is anyone else here applied for the same uni's as me?

LOOK IN SPOILER!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    starlight, one date last year (mine) at bristol NO-ONE on TSR got an offer, we were all rejected/on-hold, remember tsr isnt all that representative.
    AHH! *Panic* :eek3: There goes my optimism....T_T

And, umm... wrong forum Izzie? xD

ReputationRep:
    *staying silent on the argument because I know I'll offend someone*

So congrats on offers.. I'm doing epic amounts of maths before a trip to Cambridge this weekend to watch people attempt to row boats into each other... ah I love odd traditions.

ReputationRep:

im no medic, im squeemish with human blood
    Lynda Moore said at the talk our interview that more exceptional offers tend to be given out at the start of the admissions process, for the earlier interviews.

And there's still a few more days for exceptional offers to be given out.

Oh, and thank you everyone for the nice messages on facebook regarding earlier :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Well Done!!!

Just out of interest what time did they call? You said last night how late?

Thanks
    Thank you! Erm around 8.15 to 8.45, then I rang back at 9ish.

ReputationRep:
    I have just seen the advert for Kate Humble's "Lambing Live"!!!

ReputationRep:
    i have admit i was pretty geekish when i got my offer, i just cried and didnt go out and celebrate at all!!!!!
    lmao me too, my celebration went as far as going to tescos to buy champagne... i started crying again in tescos tho coz my big brother phonned me to say congrats :p: mind you it doesnt take much to make me cry!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually drowning in statistics right now
    My new biology teacher has decided we need to do loads of stats questions for her, even though we did lots with our old teacher, plus I'm learning S1 for maths...KILL ME NOW!

May seem like an overreaction but its really pissing me off. And some of these questions, none of our statistical tests are even really appropriate, but they make us do it anyway.

/rant :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dr 2 be, you have an unconditional offer and your an undergrad?? Wow you must have been AMAZING at the interview, i don't think i've heard of that with people applying for medicine, dentistry or vetinary med while in uni. You sound like a cool guy too, see you at Bristol if you decide on that! Congratulations!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Argggh, trying to do data analysis and I can't focus. Western blotting, optical densities, R. microplus, so many words! Haha you guys seem like you could make a better attempt than me at this. Heh, some of the first years next year will probably make me feel rather un-genius-like.

Exam results are being released for us soon! Wish me luck.

And congrats on any new offers.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god guys you have scared the **** out of me with all the talk about how horrid the Bristol interviews were And I am having a late night with the Chem coursework for a mini deadline tomorrow, and I only got back from the vets at 8, and I have a HUGE headache that refuses to go away despite the fact I have practically overdosed on paracetamol and ibuprofen :mad:

I am having a **** day. Then 5 pages of this exploded out of nowhere. I won't comment, although I would have done earlier if I had seen it. But now I would just be stirring.

Sorry, rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Yuck to the last few pages but i have one more thing to say then i won't say anymore.
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Jezzz not another one :rolleyes:

I've got better things than to read about people giving me **** over the internet just cause I'm happy...maybe too happy but I'm not used to success OK
    None of us are angry about you being happy about your offer. Most of us, me included, who have got offers have posted on here in big red writing and how excited they are to get it etc. This could be considered , fairly, by some as being inconsiderate and i have experienced this first hand, watching others get offers and you getting nothing which is horrible. However you can't blame these people for being excited as you know if it was you you would feel exactly the same way and people on tsr want to hear about offer news.
    What i think is annoying people is you posting "oh my interview was so easy" and "i don't deserve it at all" and "my gcses and a levels are rubbish yet i still have an offer". People who read this have had:
    a.very hard interviews on stuff they were not expecting yet could not prepare for.
    b.Do truly deserve it and have been truly dedicated to achieving it.
    c. Excellent gcses and A levels.
    d. Finally and most importantly no offer despite being really great applicants and then they compare themselves to you who in your own words says he is not a good applicant but yet still has an offer which seems very unfair.
    You may not be able to tell emotion from reading stuff of the internet but you can certainly upset other people from what you write........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bristol Princess)
    Dr 2 be, you have an unconditional offer and your an undergrad?? Wow you must have been AMAZING at the interview, i don't think i've heard of that with people applying for medicine, dentistry or vetinary med while in uni. You sound like a cool guy too, see you at Bristol if you decide on that! Congratulations!!!!

:o: Hey Bristol Princess.. (love that username !)

thanks for the message, congratulations to u with ur bristol offer !! r u an undergrad too? have u firmed Bristol? PN? LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    Yuck to the last few pages but i have one more thing to say then i won't say anymore.

None of us are angry about you being happy about your offer. Most of us, me included, who have got offers have posted on here in big red writing and how excited they are to get it etc. This could be considered , fairly, by some as being inconsiderate and i have experienced this first hand, watching others get offers and you getting nothing which is horrible. However you can't blame these people for being excited as you know if it was you you would feel exactly the same way and people on tsr want to hear about offer news.
    What i think is annoying people is you posting "oh my interview was so easy" and "i don't deserve it at all" and "my gcses and a levels are rubbish yet i still have an offer". People who read this have had:
    a.very hard interviews on stuff they were not expecting yet could not prepare for.
    b.Do truly deserve it and have been truly dedicated to achieving it.
    c. Excellent gcses and A levels.
    d. Finally and most importantly no offer despite being really great applicants and then they compare themselves to you who in your own words says he is not a good applicant but yet still has an offer which seems very unfair.
    You may not be able to tell emotion from reading stuff of the internet but you can certainly upset other people from what you write........
    Alright kiddo that's enough; don't make me 'hit' you with the ban stick...

C'mon Steph! I just found out....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Alright kiddo that's enough; don't make me 'hit' you with the ban stick...
    :eek: You have a BAN stick????!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Oh god guys you have scared the **** out of me with all the talk about how horrid the Bristol interviews were
    yupp same, i'm pretty terrified, i think cos it's my last chance to impress and i just feel like i have so much to get through and not enough time :eek3: arghh

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.