Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Bro....that makes me seem like some snotty nerd that just reads books

Hellloooooo check facebook. :rolleyes:
    I shall'nt check facebook, but I will check your avatar and I can see its a ******* computer....

no, not nerdy at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    :o: Hey Bristol Princess.. (love that username !)

thanks for the message, congratulations to u with ur bristol offer !! r u an undergrad too? have u firmed Bristol? PN? LOL
    ok why did I think you were a grad applicant and a girl?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)

im no medic, im squeemish with human blood
    me too I HATE human blood!!! and people are like I though you wanted to be a vet...they don't understand that thers a big difference betweena nimal and human blood!!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shedlife)
    Alright kiddo that's enough; don't make me 'hit' you with the ban stick...
    TSR has sunk to a new low for me, might go read the health and relationship section to cheer me up to show there is some maturity on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    me too I HATE human blood!!! and people are like I though you wanted to be a vet...they don't understand that thers a big difference betweena nimal and human blood!!! haha
    Im like this but with spit, If i see a human spit it actually makes me want to throw up! but id let a dog slober all over me any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    yupp same, i'm pretty terrified, i think cos it's my last chance to impress and i just feel like i have so much to get through and not enough time :eek3: arghh
    I havent read all of the thread recently, but just thought id say, my Bristol interview went really well, both the interviewers were lovely, and it was just a chat really. So please, don't worry too much! They really do just want to see who you are! They asked me about loads of stuff off my personal statement that I obviously knew well, and on this dissertation I wrote, and seriously just wanted to see what I was like! Good luck, youll do fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    Im like this but with spit, If i see a human spit it actually makes me want to throw up! but id let a dog slober all over me any day

yer me too, i dnt actually like spending time in human hospitals full stop , which is weird coz i feel really comfortable in animal hospitals

Btw Haddie, i really like ur profile pic, is that ur dog?? v cute

ReputationRep:
    Come on now guys, this isn't productive. It's not even a debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Come on now guys, this isn't productive. It's not even a debate.
    I agree, i think we should stop the previous conversation now.

ReputationRep:
    Human feet are the worst, I couldn't stand it if I had to deal with them as part of my job hehe. Animal feet I'm fine with (paws are actually rather cute).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    I have just seen the advert for Kate Humble's "Lambing Live"!!!
    Me too! Although how it took '6 months to learn how to lamb' I'll never know.

And I agree with Guy, Rachel and Beth, I'm useless with human blood.

Will, I'm not going to say anymore to you, stop trying to get a reaction.

And thanks for the rep, everyone who gave me some Never got so much rep from different people for one post, haha.

ReputationRep:
    same here, i'll touch any part of an animal inside or out, excretion or secretion without so much as a blush, but ask me to go near a sick or injured person and I'll look for the nearest exit.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh Kate Humble. She's kinda foxy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    urgh urgh same, i hate sick people, i couldnt stand working with disgusting humans all day. children especially. being a paediatrician would be a nightmare job.

ReputationRep:
    yeh this whole human thing. My medic mates always go on about hoe i shove my hand up a cows arse, and I reply with yeh you do it with a humans arse, which they think is somehow not as bad. IM sorry just no! I'd far rather have my hand up a cows bum than my two fingers up an old mans crack thank you very much! its completely different! far less awkward. for a start the cows actually enjoy my company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    yeh this whole human thing. My medic mates always go on about hoe i shove my hand up a cows arse, and I reply with yeh you do it with a humans arse, which they think is somehow not as bad. IM sorry just no! I'd far rather have my hand up a cows bum than my two fingers up an old mans crack thank you very much! its completely different! far less awkward. for a start the cows actually enjoy my company
    lol

ReputationRep:
    My medic friend did work exp at a nursing home and has to bathe an old women and wash her... everywhere ewww! lol

ReputationRep:
    human blood :puke:
    icant even watch tv shows about humans showing blood/cuts/other generally revolting injuries
    (its ok if its me bleeding etc) but other people,..:nn: makes me feel so sick
    i thought id faint or something when i first saw an animal operation because human stuff bothers me some much,,,,but im totally fine with it all,.,,was like phewwwwwww!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    Haha this made me laugh =) but I have the exact same convo with all my medic-to-be friends!

I think I decided today that if if if *touch wood* I get a notts offer that would b my firm (this will have changed by the morning no doubt!)

and back to the happy happy forum please =) or we will all have to emigrate to the meds forum because they all have the personality of a leaf =) and spice the place up!! I'm only joking to any stalker medics out there =D xx

ReputationRep:
    am I the only one who acctually like medics....:rolleyes:
    I have a few docs and nurses in my Family
    I think they are brave people

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.