Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Human blood and me are not good friends! Maybe it's a vet thing...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Haha this made me laugh =) but I have the exact same convo with all my medic-to-be friends!

I think I decided today that if if if *touch wood* I get a notts offer that would b my firm (this will have changed by the morning no doubt!)

and back to the happy happy forum please =) or we will all have to emigrate to the meds forum because they all have the personality of a leaf =) and spice the place up!! I'm only joking to any stalker medics out there =D xx
    Yes this!! I just flicked through the last few pages, only to find people have been tearing at each others throats like common MEDICS! :eek:

Oh and also noticed many many Notts offers, which made me sad. (But pleased for all those receiving offers of course!! ) And then more sad for feeling sad, because I know i should be greatful for the offer i have Which i am! It's just a shame i can't swap it for a Notts.. You know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    :o: Hey Bristol Princess.. (love that username !)

thanks for the message, congratulations to u with ur bristol offer !! r u an undergrad too? have u firmed Bristol? PN? LOL

Yes i am an undergrad and have Bristol as my first choice. Very happy for you! RVC interview soon ey? Good luck!! PN xXx :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    wo do alot of you have medic-to-be friends??? i dont i feel im missing out, although not on stories of washing old ladies etc etc.. ewwwwwwwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    am I the only one who acctually like medics....:rolleyes:
    I have a few docs and nurses in my Family
    I think they are brave people
    My parents both work in the NHS, and the amount of bureaucracy they have to deal with is unbelievable - it's amazing that they actually manage to treat any patients with the amount of stupid rules and targets they have! Also the abuse the nurses get off patients is terrible - I'm surprised none of them don't whack them back and tell them to **** off :o:
    I for one would not be able to do their job

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be the one doign the ops though, would hate consulting and doing smallish sgummy things,(they usually leave that to the nurses anyway!) but transplants and stuff..I'd love it!!!...
    Doing a PM ona huamn body would be coola s well, coz ud acctually see whats inside yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Doing a PM ona huamn body would be coola s well, coz ud acctually see whats inside yourself!
    I've always thought that!! My friends doing radiography, and when they did dissection of humans, he said all the girls were crying and stuff :confused:. I don't think it would be thattt bad, i can deal with watching humans being cut open, like those live surgery programs on a couple of months ago were brilliant, but i can't deal with minging human health problems like pussy, scabby, infected things erghhh, yet on animal, i'm fine.

Whats this lambing program? x

ReputationRep:
    See, I find mortuaries a bit scary - I did work exp in the histology dept and the mortuary was right next to it and even when the bodies were shut away the room was creepy! Dead animals are fine though?
    I wouldn't be able to cope with the people who are like 'I can't stop drinking twelve pints a day, fix my liver instead' whilst someone who has done nothing wrong has to go untreated instead due to budgeting

ReputationRep:
    I didnt know what the lambing programme was but I did a google search, Im guessing its this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pxqv3

Correct me if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    i hate humans being cut open cos i always imagine it being done to me. like if i see someone with their hand half cut off my wrist start feeling weird.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    am I the only one who acctually like medics....:rolleyes:
    I have a few docs and nurses in my Family
    I think they are brave people
    I like medics. Haha.
    My dad is an ENT surgeon and brother is applying to med at some point.

I think if I had to do something OTHER than veterinary, i'd go for med.

What would you guys do, if vetmed didnt exist? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Exam results are being released for us soon! Wish me luck.
    Got ours today. I passed all mine. Even after missing three weeks of lectures following my botched up appendectomy and having to recover from that over revision time. So happy
    Lots and lots of good luck for yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    Got ours today. I passed all mine. Even after missing three weeks of lectures following my botched up appendectomy and having to recover from that over revision time. So happy
    Is this thread only for medics?

(Can you *** me as well please ? Little challenge going on....I'll repay the favor tomorow ) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    wo do alot of you have medic-to-be friends??? i dont i feel im missing out, although not on stories of washing old ladies etc etc.. ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    I have one medic friend She's got offers from UCL and Brighton and Sussex Medical School. She's the most intelligent person I've ever met, she really deserves it. She's such a lovely, lovely person and I love her to pieces. Oxford and Southampton rejected her, but what do they know :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)

Thank you!
    And ouch, that sounds tough. I have a friend who was sick actually during the exams so she can only take them in August, it's a shame (worst time for it to happen eh?).

ReputationRep:
    Human blood etc doesn't really bother me.. :dontknow:
    My parents are a doctor and a surgeon though, so I don't have that much against medics :p:

ReputationRep:
    Please please please Notts be nice and send out some more offers soon =)

Ummm my mum n dad are engineers and if I couldn't do vetmed I would have gone to work at rolls-royce with my dad =) fighter jets ftw haha I'm such a nerd =D

ReputationRep:
    id just milk cows

ReputationRep:
    I have no medic friends! And there is no way I could be a doctor or surgeon, I don't mind blood but I can't stand people being ill and I don't think I could operate on a human!! My parents are a dispenser and a mechanic and I have no idea what I'd do if I wasn't a vet, maybe something like zoology. Fingers crossed for more good news today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Please please please Notts be nice and send out some more offers soon =)

Ummm my mum n dad are engineers and if I couldn't do vetmed I would have gone to work at rolls-royce with my dad =) fighter jets ftw haha I'm such a nerd =D

Hey, do u want notts as an insurance or first choice??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.