Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont no what to prepare for edinburgh ive read through all my notes that i wrote for other interviews, but as i have time i feel i should do extra, Arghhhhh! lets just hope its like my Glasgeeee one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Hey, do u want notts as an insurance or first choice??
    Oh god dnt ask that question haha it changes every day. Yesterday I was sure I wanted notts as my firm then after a chat with my year head today she has made me see that perhaps Cambs isn't such a bad idea. It's really complicated haha I just feel that I might not be able to
    fit in at Cambridge, it all sounds silly but well yeah ... All I want to do is read vetmed =) x

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys, just wanted to wish all of you good luck with interviews, offers and gap years, if so be it! I won't be back until all this will be over! Again, GOOD LUCK, hopefully I'll see some of you at Unis come September!!

ReputationRep:
    if vet med didnt exist I would have been a school drop out! So i'd farm with my dad basically, and would not have botherd with Alevels... and get rich off tourists, then travel the world and maby come back to the UK to retire!

ReputationRep:
    My sister just got an on-hold e-mail from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    has she had an interview?

my mum does admin for the NHS and my dad is a principal of some colleges/used to teach physics.
    neither of which appeal to me.
    i'd probs work for the rspca or something like that,,,i applied for a job there once when i was going to leave school but i wasnt old enough

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting human blood etc never really bothered me the reason i went vet over med was i want to work with people and animals and found vet science more interesting. Oh and a lot of people who go for med do it for the money rather then they want to help people which is kind of opposite to the reasons people get into vet med.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    aww it must be so hard having a sister applying to, im sure she'l get an offer for somewhere to! on hold isnt bad, she must of done well, just not quite aswell as you :p:
    did she have liverpool and bristol in the same day? crazy

ReputationRep:
    Yh, she did have liverpool and bristol interviews in the same day but they were spaced really far apart so wasn't to bad!!

ReputationRep:
    ha I guess I'm gonna get a straight up rejection off bris then...owww what a shame!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    wo do alot of you have medic-to-be friends??? i dont i feel im missing out, although not on stories of washing old ladies etc etc.. ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    There are four wannabe medics in my year, one always tells me lovely stories about bathing old men, he volunteers at a care home.

I'm the only one applying for vetmed in my year, i have no one to share my vetty tales with

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering how she was at both bristol and liverpool lol cos i remembered u saying she was at liverpool so i was thinking :indiff:

im on a special intensive one year a-level course atm so everyone doing it wants to do medicine/vet/dentisty etc
    its even called pathways to medical professions :p:
    but theres such a spread of us...2 vet med, a few dentisty, 2 dental hygiene/therapy, lots for med aha, 1 physio, 1 paramedic science, etcetcetc

the sixth form i was at before, out of my year, no one got into any of med vet med or dentisty, and no one had for years before that either :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomooo)

I'm the only one applying for vetmed in my year, i have no one to share my vetty tales with
    Same, I'm the only vet applicant my school has had for the last 15 years or so. And none of them have ever got it. My school is crap.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. My college had 2 girls get into vet school last year, but one of them had done arty a levels, gone to do a fashion degree, didnt like it and came back to college to do science a levels to get into vet school (she got into the 6-year course at notts, unconditional). The other girl had already done her IB at the college, and when she realised she could probably get the necessary grades to go to vet school, she took a gap year and then did fast track science a levels. (She got into RVC.)

And then the year before that i'm aware of one guy getting into vet school, but i dont know for the years before that. I drive one hour there, one hour back 4 times a week to go there, cos i know the schools around my home town probably arent good enough to get me into vet school...(i need all the help i can get X_X)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Same, I'm the only vet applicant my school has had for the last 15 years or so. And none of them have ever got it. My school is crap.
    me too :p: the only person they can remember that went to vet school qualified about 10 years ago then decided against being a vet! lmao my school was awsum

ReputationRep:
    Two girls went to liverpool from mine 3 years ago, and I don't really know before that. People go to do all sorts everywhere, there's no superpopular choices which is quite nice. Anyway, the less vet applicants the better! Haha

ReputationRep:
    Im on hold for bristol...So glad its not a straight out rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Im on hold for bristol...So glad its not a straight out rejection!
    Definitely better than a straight out rejection. Although, having been on hold for nearly four months, it gets very old, very fast. I wish they'd just tell me. I wish all of them would just tell me :p:

It's payday today; I'm buying some books on Amazon at the moment, I'm tempted to get the veterinary ethics book that everyone raves about. I don't know if I can justify spending £25 on it, though. Is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Steph, resist temptation! You'll regret it afterwards when you realise it's the wrong book, or you could get it for £10 from another student..And when you buy one book, you start wanting to add to your collection...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, my friend told me this horrible story today about a doctor who had to perform his own appendectomy (he was working in antarctica, the only doctor there, he needed to do it otherwise he would have died).

Anyway, turns out our exams results are not coming out until Monday or thereabouts. So hopefully we'll all have some good news then.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.