Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Are you sure only 1-3 are put on hold, and others rejected? I thought it was 1-2 mainly get offers immediately as they are classed as exceptional in the interview, and then some others put on hold, the rest rejected?
    Basically we score people from exceptional, through acceptable 1 to 8, and then unacceptable. Those scored as exceptional have been made offers and those on 1, 2 and 3 are on hold. The others have already been rejected.
    That is a quote from the email Lynda Moore sent me when I asked for feedback.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I have a couple questions for you.. I am currently living in America but I Was born in England. I didn’t realize that the application deadline was so early over there. I finally got a couple vet schools to evaluate my application for a late admission. I applied through UCAS on the 23rd how long will it take to hear back??? Also I am a little confused about the grading situation over there. My secondary school grades are a B average (all grades added up by point system = B) I have also taken some college classes since that time in chemistry biology anatomy and some others which I have an A average. I have 3 years experience working at vets and touring with a equine show jumping vet. I grew up on farms. Do I stand a chance of getting accepted? or an interview at least? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure only 1-3 are put on hold, and others rejected? I thought it was 1-2 mainly get offers immediately as they are classed as exceptional in the interview, and then some others put on hold, the rest rejected?
    nah exceptional is above 1. some 1s are given offers immediately but most are put on hold with 2s and 3s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    That is a quote from the email Lynda Moore sent me when I asked for feedback.
    Thanks. Can you find out if you are a 1/2/3?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, that sounds awful! But I'm sure it was worth it in the end
    It definitely was worth it!

And you can ask Lynda Moore what you were rated as (definitely if you're in the 'on hold' group), cos I asked last year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Can you find out if you are a 1/2/3?
    I did, I'm a 2. For some reason, some people have asked and not received feedback. She's probably very busy.

ReputationRep:
    I did, I'm a 2. For some reason, some people have asked and not received feedback. She's probably very busy.
    I think i'd be too scared to e-mail . :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayment7)
    Hi all. I have a couple questions for you.. I am currently living in America but I Was born in England. I didn’t realize that the application deadline was so early over there. I finally got a couple vet schools to evaluate my application for a late admission. I applied through UCAS on the 23rd how long will it take to hear back??? Also I am a little confused about the grading situation over there. My secondary school grades are a B average (all grades added up by point system = B) I have also taken some college classes since that time in chemistry biology anatomy and some others which I have an A average. I have 3 years experience working at vets and touring with a equine show jumping vet. I grew up on farms. Do I stand a chance of getting accepted? or an interview at least? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks
    23rd of what month? You should send all the vet schools an email explaining your situation, and ask them for advice. I think you will still have to apply as an overseas applicant (and therefore pay the whole fees) even though you were born in England. I doubt many people will be familiar with american school systems, so it's probably best to ask the vet schools directly. Your work experience sounds like it's probably good enough, but I don't know what they'll think of your education. Because of the competition for UK vet schools it's very likely that they'll ignore you this year because you didn't apply in time. If they agree to look at your application they should send you an 'acknowledgment' email or letter within 2 or 3 weeks of your application.

ReputationRep:
    Heya

You have left it rather late! The problem you have is that most vet schools have already decided who they are giving offers too, and so they may not have a place for you?

If you didn't mind waiting I would reapply next year, early as in August September time as you will have greater chance of a interview/ offer

What unis are currently looking at your applications? Grade wise I think you are okay, but you would need to contact each uni to just double check. Also if applying to cambs or rvc you would most likely have had to have sat the bmat exam (I dnt know if overseas students do?)

I'm sureone much more knowledgable will be able to help more, but that's my ikkle take on it xx

ReputationRep:
    RVC prep now.. good times may jus take a break tonight though and catch up on Heroes season 3, just got the DVD from amazon

ReputationRep:
    I think i'd be too scared to e-mail . :p:
    Same :eek: - I was going to email.......but then I couldn't bring myself to do it :p:

Well done on all the offers everyone and so sorry for all the rejections hang on in there........
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Friend got an interview invite from Bristol today . Just waiting to hear from Liverpool now. Was interviewed by RVC in December and rejected from Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    Friend got an interview invite from Bristol today . Just waiting to hear from Liverpool now. Was interviewed by RVC in December and rejected from Edinburgh.
    Exciting stuff Is her interview on the 17th? Looks like they're all out now then My friend got a cancellation for the 3rd the other day.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Exciting stuff Is her interview on the 17th? Looks like they're all out now then My friend got a cancellation for the 3rd the other day.
    I've no idea when it is. He just texted everyone with his news then went off to work . Are a lot of people waiting on L'pool?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today for a liverpool interview - 24th march. I've applied as a grad entrant.

According to the email, it is the last interview date.

ReputationRep:
    BRISTOL INTERVIEW!!!
    Wooooooo
    SO happy. Ahhhh. Such a good end to a crappy day.
    Eeeeeep.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an interview on the 17th March for Bristol? My friend, who got an offer from Nottingham this week, has got one. She was on hold.
    is this your best friend who's fave is nottingham, had an interview on the same day as me? just out of interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Heya

What unis are currently looking at your applications? Grade wise I think you are okay, but you would need to contact each uni to just double check. Also if applying to cambs or rvc you would most likely have had to have sat the bmat exam (I dnt know if overseas students do?)
    I have been in correspondence with bristol and edinburgh and both have agreed to look at my application. I hope they do give me the time of day.

ReputationRep:
    Dublin still accept applications from international applications until mid march and its accredited by the AVMA. :yes:

(Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    ...may jus take a break tonight though and catch up on Heroes season 3, just got the DVD from amazon
    Heroes has lost its way..I can barely remember season 3 and the new season is awful!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    Dublin still accept applications from international applications until mid march and its accredited by the AVMA. :yes:

Heroes has lost its way..I can barely remember season 3 and the new season is awful!!!
    Yer so far i'm not that impressed.. 1st series was definitely the best! My fav. TV series is judge john deed.. ( i doubt any one has ever heard of it- but is AMAZING )

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.