Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Yer so far i'm not that impressed.. 1st series was definitely the best! My fav. series is judge john deed.. ( i doubt any one has ever heard of it- but is AMAZING )
    Never heard of it! I'l see if i can find it anywhere. Mine is prob Battlestar Galactica LOVE IT! I've been disappointed by the prequel series Caprica so far tho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph144)
    I havent read all of the thread recently, but just thought id say, my Bristol interview went really well, both the interviewers were lovely, and it was just a chat really. So please, don't worry too much! They really do just want to see who you are! They asked me about loads of stuff off my personal statement that I obviously knew well, and on this dissertation I wrote, and seriously just wanted to see what I was like! Good luck, youll do fine!
    sorry only just saw this, thankyou, that makes me feel slightly better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    Never heard of it! I'l see if i can find it anywhere. Mine is prob Battlestar Galactica LOVE IT! I've been disappointed by the prequel series Caprica so far tho...
    yer i like Galactica too

ReputationRep:
    Don't be scared emailing lynda moore!
    I think part of the reason I got in on results day was that I seemed keen and determined and kept emailing to find out why I didn't get a straight offer, how I should improve, what I could have done in a gap year, etc.
    Obviously it was cos my results were good and I must have been very close to getting an offer anyway, but the fact I was determined must have helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karate_kat)
    Don't be scared emailing lynda moore!
    I think part of the reason I got in on results day was that I seemed keen and determined and kept emailing to find out why I didn't get a straight offer, how I should improve, what I could have done in a gap year, etc.
    Obviously it was cos my results were good and I must have been very close to getting an offer anyway, but the fact I was determined must have helped!
    yer i agree, it show maturity and determination- and considering how many ppl r on hold- it will make you stand out more...

p.s Steph, i'm so sure ur gonna get a Bristol offer!!!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali-Ace)
    BRISTOL INTERVIEW!!!
    Wooooooo
    SO happy. Ahhhh. Such a good end to a crappy day.
    Eeeeeep.
    4/4 interviews nice wooon!!!
    I also had an awesoe end to a ****** day, even though wales lost, shane had the most awesome try...
    I hung aroubd with like 10 farmer guys who I didnt know, got chujed out of the pub for dancing on chairs and stuff then went up to this rave gig where some old doods were off their tits on E's and banging some awesome beats! hell of a laugh! and they were all convinced I was germanish fcoz one pf the lads made it up at the beginign of the night" then I drove the farmers trucka nd almost went over this hedge..they were hotties as well (sherers what better)

oww I've allready writen my e-mail but waiitng to hear back from liv...I'm tellign them how intimidating their interview was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali-Ace)
    BRISTOL INTERVIEW!!!
    Wooooooo
    SO happy. Ahhhh. Such a good end to a crappy day.
    Eeeeeep.
    Well done! 4/4 interviews! You're definitely getting an offer this year!

(Original post by nicola92)
    is this your best friend who's fave is nottingham, had an interview on the same day as me? just out of interest
    Yes, but I wouldn't call her my 'best friend'. She's a good friend of mine, but she lives a far bit away from me and I don't really get to see her very often anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    oww I've allready writen my e-mail but waiitng to hear back from liv...I'm tellign them how intimidating their interview was
    Intimidating?

ReputationRep:
    awww man shane williams's try was amazinnngg!!!

we we're all on the edge of the seat hoping Wales could bring it back! Second half was brilliant.

And also, i've now found out it is IMPOSSIBlE to eat 3 crackers in a minuite, and no one ever ever ever try to drink a gallon of milk in an hour, i managed half and my stomach was in ******* PAIN!!! worse than any hangover ever! haha. BRING ON GLASGEEEEEE =D

Wearing my England top today in pride, COME ONNN!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    Intimidating?
    haha I'm not really gonna do that...don't reallly see the point, they obv don't like me, and I'm not gonna take a 2nd gap year, and I see myself either going into re search or grad entry study in slovakia, which after talking to some ppl on here I do not find it that bad of an idea
    by intimidating I mean looking down at me..it was a horrible interview :o: but it's done now and i'm not the person who'll sit down and get all upset over it for days. I do hope Liv liked me...but I still havn't heard off the bio-vets either, which I thought I would have by now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    haha I'm not really gonna do that...don't reallly see the point, they obv don't like me, and I'm not gonna take a 2nd gap year, and I see myself either going into re search or grad entry study in slovakia, which after talking to some ppl on here I do not find it that bad of an idea
    by intimidating I mean looking down at me..it was a horrible interview :o: but it's done now and i'm not the person who'll sit down and get all upset over it for days. I do hope Liv liked me...but I still havn't heard off the bio-vets either, which I thought I would have by now!
    Hah, you're taking this much better than I am. It's really hit me hard, i'm completely discouraged now...Have you done the liverpool interview already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    Hah, you're taking this much better than I am. It's really hit me hard, i'm completely discouraged now...Have you done the liverpool interview already?
    Don't get discouraged!! The Liv interview is completely different to the Bristol one, so it might give you more of an opportunity to shine Instead of feeling bad about not getting into Bristol think screw them! They don't know what they're missing and go kick ass at liv

ReputationRep:
    Well I was proper gutted last year coz I though I did quite well at interview, and my feed back said that I didn't have the bristol spark, then this year I really did not enjoy my day there, and it put me off the place, my rejection off RVC hit me worst, and if I get rejected off Liv then I'll probs lock myself up for a whole week..haha
    I've allready had my liv interview, and it didnt go that well, only 1 station I can say was OK :/
    but you gotta keep posotive....one thing hockey has made me good at, when I didn't make it to the -16 squad and my mate did, was the worst day of my life, but I kept triling and I got into the -18 squad twice, so good things come in the end

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you're probably right. Even if I don't get in this year, I can re-apply next year with hopefully good A levels. I need to think for the future, not dwell on the past.

You must be a big fan of hockey dwin! (Can I call you by your first name on TSR or would you rather I didn't?)
    (My mum just asked me what I was doing on the computer, and when I told her I was getting emotional support from other vet applicants, she wanted to read what you guys told me cos she needs some support too xD )

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you're probably right. Even if I don't get in this year, I can re-apply next year with hopefully good A levels. I need to think for the future, not dwell on the past.

You must be a big fan of hockey dwin! (Can I call you by your first name on TSR or would you rather I didn't?)
    (My mum just asked me what I was doing on the computer, and when I told her I was getting emotional support from other vet applicants, she wanted to read what you guys told me cos she needs some support too xD )
    Call me beth
    my username is acctaully pretty gay, and I want to change it! haha
    I still havn't told my parents :o: my dad tried to call me last night, so I was assuming there was some sort of a letter at home or one of my sheep have lambed haha
    Yeah I'm a real big fan of hockey....liv hockey team is better than bristols :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my mum thought this would be a lot easier than it has been, even though I told her it was really hard etc etc. I think she thought I would get more than 2 interviews, and this is going to sound REALLY bad, but I thought I might have managed at least 3. I reckon it's my work ex that it letting me down because my grades are good, and maybe the whole issue with the physics. My PS was a bit **** too. Ah well, can't dwell. Got mocks revision and Bristol interview prep to do. I wish I knew what I was doing though, whether I am reapplying or not, because then I can get it all sorted, focus on A levels and fill my year with amazing work experience and do a bit of travelling.

This sounds really mopey and up myself, I'm not I swear! Had a rubbish week though! Except last night was fun, went out for my birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Yeah, my mum thought this would be a lot easier than it has been, even though I told her it was really hard etc etc. I think she thought I would get more than 2 interviews, and this is going to sound REALLY bad, but I thought I might have managed at least 3. I reckon it's my work ex that it letting me down because my grades are good, and maybe the whole issue with the physics. My PS was a bit **** too. Ah well, can't dwell. Got mocks revision and Bristol interview prep to do. I wish I knew what I was doing though, whether I am reapplying or not, because then I can get it all sorted, focus on A levels and fill my year with amazing work experience and do a bit of travelling.

This sounds really mopey and up myself, I'm not I swear! Had a rubbish week though! Except last night was fun, went out for my birthday
    you do not sound up yourself at all!!! Apart from my grades I would say I think I'm a good applicant as well, and I think most ppol on TSR would, coz if you don't think that yourself, then why would the vet school think that
    and deffo work ur arss off on your grades, it's deffo the biggest thign against me this year

ReputationRep:
    hey, does any1 know if it is necessary to bring a passport photo to the RVC interview, they do not specify to do so on the interview letter but I remember some1 talking about it on here a few days ago??

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry oaktrees, I totally get you. For me it's the grades that were letting me down (and apparenlty interview performance?) cos i got loads of work exp. I started out thinking that unis shouldn't reject me without an interview at least, then i thought that 2 interviews was amazing, and i thought that bristol would give me an offer after my interview cos it had gone quite well. To be honest, most of us tick all the boxes so it's hard to understand when we're not even given an interview. I mean, that they'd choose not to interview us based on how we are as a person is understandable, but how can they discard a student that does tick all the boxes on paper? It seems a little unfair. But anyways.

beth, I'm assuming your name is in welsh? You have your own sheep? that's so cool! I found it hard to announce that i'd been rejected too. I think you're only ready to do that once you've accepted it and are ready to move on... At least that's what it's like for me.

Thanks for the support guys, I don't know how, but you really managed to cheer me up! I'm off to do some physics now...well..i'll try anyway..

ReputationRep:
    haddie!! have you firmed glasgow yet?!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.