Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I wish I knew what I was doing though, whether I am reapplying or not, because then I can get it all sorted, focus on A levels and fill my year with amazing work experience and do a bit of travelling.

This sounds really mopey and up myself, I'm not I swear! Had a rubbish week though! Except last night was fun, went out for my birthday
    yeahh i know how you feel about that, i just hate how uncertain everything is at the moment. i felt soo bad when the nottingham offers got given out this week. i just wanna know what i'm doing next year now. fingers crossed bristol goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    Thanks for the support guys, I don't know how, but you really managed to cheer me up! I'm off to do some physics now...well..i'll try anyway..
    Tch, do some Pure Maths! That used to cheer me up :p:

It's going to be a good day for the Scots and the Irish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    yeahh i know how you feel about that, i just hate how uncertain everything is at the moment. i felt soo bad when the nottingham offers got given out this week. i just wanna know what i'm doing next year now. fingers crossed bristol goes well
    Urgh, I felt terrible when Liverpool offers were given out. I cried so much. It was a few hours after my terrible RVC interview and I was just hysterical. And every two weeks when Bristol offers are given out it's very depressing. This is why I should stay away, but I can't. I hate not knowing what is happening.

(Original post by oaktrees)
    Yeah, my mum thought this would be a lot easier than it has been, even though I told her it was really hard etc etc. I think she thought I would get more than 2 interviews, and this is going to sound REALLY bad, but I thought I might have managed at least 3. I reckon it's my work ex that it letting me down because my grades are good, and maybe the whole issue with the physics. My PS was a bit **** too. Ah well, can't dwell. Got mocks revision and Bristol interview prep to do. I wish I knew what I was doing though, whether I am reapplying or not, because then I can get it all sorted, focus on A levels and fill my year with amazing work experience and do a bit of travelling.

This sounds really mopey and up myself, I'm not I swear! Had a rubbish week though! Except last night was fun, went out for my birthday
    You don't sound up yourself. If I'm honest, I thought I had a pretty good application for a first time applicant. I know I've had 3 interviews, which is good, but not one of them went particularly well. Well, I thought Bristol was probably the best, and I'm only on hold. So that must mean I'm probably rejected from Liv and RVC. My work experience is good, according to the Liverpool form I've done over 50 weeks. My GSCE grades were good, but my AS Levels weren't fantastic. Well, it was only Chemistry and one Maths module that let me down, but still. I do have a reason for this, but it was not something I was willing to put as mitigating circumstances, and I don't really know it would count. I started off with the attitude that I was a fairly good applicant, now I think I don't deserve it at all. Major crisis of confidence. If anyone replies saying that I do deserve it, I will not be impressed, at all :p: I don't do compliments, at all. Ask Tony, I don't respond well to it, at all :p:

(Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    hey, does any1 know if it is necessary to bring a passport photo to the RVC interview, they do not specify to do so on the interview letter but I remember some1 talking about it on here a few days ago??
    It's not necessary, no. I asked on here a few weeks ago and I didn't bring one and that was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)

Well, I thought Bristol was probably the best, and I'm only on hold. So that must mean I'm probably rejected from Liv and RVC.

thnks Steph, btw u have got a really good chance of getting RVC too- no1 is gonna hear till late March!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    thnks Steph, btw u have got a really good chance of getting RVC too- no1 is gonna hear till late March!
    My interview was terrible. Truly terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I felt terrible when Liverpool offers were given out. I cried so much. It was a few hours after my terrible RVC interview and I was just hysterical. And every two weeks when Bristol offers are given out it's very depressing. This is why I should stay away, but I can't. I hate not knowing what is happening.
    please don't say that coz my interview was on the 13th, and that measn I'm rejected as well...
    been looking at uvm in slovak, acctaully looks like a pretty cool uni, with fellow students from ireland, sweden, germany, usa, france... £7k a year for grad (4yrs) and undergrad (6yrs) entry. Deadline for Application is april the 15th, then entrance exam in july, i'm just wondering if I should apply for the undergrad or do a degree first....
    Grad entry will put me ina debt of aprox £51,000, living cost is way cheaper in slovak, and most vets graduate witha debt of £35,000 anyway so it's not taht much more :/ haa
    and undergrad debt will be aprox £52,500 (but 1 year less of study)

ReputationRep:
    Had to laff this morning =)
    From Sheffield I recieved the guide to being a disabled student at uni there and how to claim DLA and get accomodation specially suited to you... They obviously didn't read my UCAS form as I only have depression. Oh well lol

ReputationRep:
    My interview was terrible. Truly terrible.
    i'l take ur word for it.. but seems like u knw bout so much stuff. I hope terrible for you is not terrible in their eyes

ReputationRep:
    No conditionals have been given out for liverpool yet calm down people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    No conditionals have been given out for liverpool yet calm down people
    I am real calm!! but steph keeps making me un-calm :p: hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    my friend just got a nottingham rejection

ReputationRep:
    my friend just got a nottingham rejection
    =( that's not good! Did she have a interview and how did she find out nicola?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    =( that's not good! Did she have a interview and how did she find out nicola?
    yeahh she was interviewed feb 3rd and it came by post this morning

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a quick run down please of TB testing...I seem to have lost my notes that I had made on it, and typically can't remember it! At the moment I can remember as much as comparing reaction with a control......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Had to laff this morning =)
    From Sheffield I recieved the guide to being a disabled student at uni there and how to claim DLA and get accomodation specially suited to you... They obviously didn't read my UCAS form as I only have depression. Oh well lol

lol people are ridiculous. i gave my college's exam sec a doctors letter saying that i was being treated for it and they tried to make me sit my exams in a room away from everyone else :confused: .

also...
    bristol rejection
    liverpool...:puppyeyes:

xx

ReputationRep:
    yeahh she was interviewed feb 3rd and it came by post this morning
    Sh!t!! I'm going to be hiding from the postie now lol
    thanks for letting us know x

ReputationRep:
    please please please hurry up liverpool, i cant bear waiting another month!
    although will be worth it if i get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    please don't say that coz my interview was on the 13th, and that measn I'm rejected as well...
    been looking at uvm in slovak, acctaully looks like a pretty cool uni, with fellow students from ireland, sweden, germany, usa, france... £7k a year for grad (4yrs) and undergrad (6yrs) entry. Deadline for Application is april the 15th, then entrance exam in july, i'm just wondering if I should apply for the undergrad or do a degree first....
    Grad entry will put me ina debt of aprox £51,000, living cost is way cheaper in slovak, and most vets graduate witha debt of £35,000 anyway so it's not taht much more :/ haa
    and undergrad debt will be aprox £52,500 (but 1 year less of study)
    Umm...wouldnt you need to speak slovakian...?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, you have all made me feel a bit better! It seems like a lot of people are in a similar situation to me, so that was good to hear.

Sorry to hear about the rejections, it's crap when they come this late in the cycle.

However, RUGBY! I'm excited, I am revising but watching/listening to the play on my laptop. It's about to start

ReputationRep:
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know whether liverpool as ever given 'lack of enthousiasm' or 'no spark' as their feedback for rejection? I'm wondering whether I should keep my calm attitude for interview, or try to find some way to make myself sound more enthousiastic? Any tips? o.O

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.