Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    Umm...wouldnt you need to speak slovakian...?
    the course is in english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Sh!t!! I'm going to be hiding from the postie now lol
    thanks for letting us know x
    same! makes a change from actually wanting the postman to have something for us haha

ReputationRep:
    Umm...wouldnt you need to speak slovakian...?
    nope they do it through english lang! but I would take classes to learn it, being tri-lingual would be awesome
    so many of us wanting liverpool!!! they better let us alll in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    lol people are ridiculous. i gave my college's exam sec a doctors letter saying that i was being treated for it and they tried to make me sit my exams in a room away from everyone else :confused: .

also...
    bristol rejection
    liverpool...:puppyeyes:

xx
    :mad: Sorry to here about the bristol rejection...Did you have an interview!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    nope they do it through english lang! but I would take classes to learn it, being tri-lingual would be awesome
    this..(PLEASE!!)
    just about everyone on here has a liv interview.
    its quite disheartening :/

(Original post by JoMC)
    :mad: Sorry to here about the bristol rejection...Did you have an interview!?
    nooope i wasnt fortunate enough to have an interview. on hold from december time and got an email yesterday :/

ReputationRep:
    "go Ireland! I also wholeheartedly agree with everything PL has to say, irrespective of how controversial it is"

^^^as dictated by PL cos he has explained bTB testing to me.....

ReputationRep:
    That's not quite how I imagined it, though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the few that didn't apply to liverpool - so am following you all =) I really hope you all get the offers for liv, you lot would be the tsr year group lmao x

ReputationRep:
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know whether liverpool as ever given 'lack of enthousiasm' or 'no spark' as their feedback for rejection? I'm wondering whether I should keep my calm attitude for interview, or try to find some way to make myself sound more enthousiastic? Any tips? o.O
    try to seem like u believe in what youre saying and seem passionate about it.
    and just smile really. but not to the point of being creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    also...
    bristol rejection
    liverpool...:puppyeyes:

xx
    Really sorry You will get a liverpool offer though for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    My interview was terrible. Truly terrible.
    Snap

Just try to keep positive - i know its really hard but about 57% of people get an offer after interview - and people have already started withdrawing, so the percentage success for people who have been interviewed and are still waiting is even higher

have to try to be positive!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    Snap

Just try to keep positive - i know its really hard but about 77% of people get an offer after interview - and people have already started withdrawing, so the percentage success for people who have been interviewed and are still waiting is even higher

Are you sure about the 77%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    Really sorry You will get a liverpool offer though for sure
    awh thank you,,,i hope so..you have more confidence in me than i do ahaa

ReputationRep:
    awww man thats not fair :\

Ive turned off the rugby now, tiring day at work and its pissed me off too much.

ReputationRep:
    I realllyyy want a Liverpool offer too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    i'l take ur word for it.. but seems like u knw bout so much stuff. I hope terrible for you is not terrible in their eyes
    I think it is partly luck. Most of the things I wanted to talk about and the things that I know in detail about didn't come up. Similar with Bristol. More than half of my interview was about pigs, which is the work experience I know the least about because the farmers were pretty unhelpful and most didn't speak a lot of English.

(Original post by animalmad1992)
    Snap

Just try to keep positive - i know its really hard but about 77% of people get an offer after interview - and people have already started withdrawing, so the percentage success for people who have been interviewed and are still waiting is even higher

Yeah, that is good. However, I really can't see how they could give me an interview after the fool I made of myself in that interview.

please don't say that coz my interview was on the 13th, and that measn I'm rejected as well...
    been looking at uvm in slovak, acctaully looks like a pretty cool uni, with fellow students from ireland, sweden, germany, usa, france... £7k a year for grad (4yrs) and undergrad (6yrs) entry. Deadline for Application is april the 15th, then entrance exam in july, i'm just wondering if I should apply for the undergrad or do a degree first....
    Grad entry will put me ina debt of aprox £51,000, living cost is way cheaper in slovak, and most vets graduate witha debt of £35,000 anyway so it's not taht much more :/ haa
    and undergrad debt will be aprox £52,500 (but 1 year less of study)
    I'm sorry D;
    You're a re-applier, though. You have a much bigger chance of getting in than me, Liverpool love re-appliers. I think you should apply for UVM, really. You've not got anything to lose and it does look pretty good.

(Original post by Northern)
    No conditionals have been given out for liverpool yet calm down people
    But they don't give out many conditionals, because they give out most of their offers to re-appliers :p:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about the 77%?
    sorry typo meant 57% but still is fairly high - better than at some of the unis, and with people dropping out you are more likely to get an offer

ReputationRep:
    I seriously might apply to Liv next year if I don't get in and I can get the right work ex sorted out with some good references.

This rugby is brilliant, was a bit slow but it is really picking up now! And it is really motivating for revision, for some reason!

Chin up guys, Steph especially. The waiting sucks, and I realise I keep changing what I am saying, but I feel a bit more positive all of a sudden! And go for it Beth, or at least see if you can go and have a look at UVM, it might be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    This rugby is brilliant
    O'Driscoll! *cries* That was a horrible knock.

And I'm beyond unimpressed with Sexton, he's such a poor replacement for O'Gara. I really doubt he'd have missed the four that Sexton missed. Bah.

But for you guys supporting England, I'm sure it's getting better

ReputationRep:
    ok turning off the Rugby only lasted 5 minutes but its getting better again now

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.