Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    we did have a sort of work out of bristols numbers which were a total estimate, we were told about 20 applicants at each interview date would be classed "exceptional" obviously thsi varies from date to date but on average around 20. i thiink theyve had 7 dates (they will of had 7 when the finish) so thats 140 offers given. so be about 60 left to give to onholders? what noone knows is the number of people on-hold, i woudl imagine WAYYYY more than 60 :p:

i got a fair bit asked about my PS, but it was all the little things i hadnt said much about, it was all the little Work exp placements and things i wasnt that passionate about, hence why i didnt say much in a statement, it was like they chose them to ctach me out because they thought i wudnt no as much about it.

ReputationRep:
    ah steph u beat me to it and u explained it way better, but our numbers are similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    we did have a sort of work out of bristols numbers which were a total estimate, we were told about 20 applicants at each interview date would be classed "exceptional" obviously thsi varies from date to date but on average around 20. i thiink theyve had 7 dates (they will of had 7 when the finish) so thats 140 offers given. so be about 60 left to give to onholders? what noone knows is the number of people on-hold, i woudl imagine WAYYYY more than 60 :p:

i got a fair bit asked about my PS, but it was all the little things i hadnt said much about, it was all the little Work exp placements and things i wasnt that passionate about, hence why i didnt say much in a statement, it was like they chose them to ctach me out because they thought i wudnt no as much about it.
    Oh right :/ Uhhh Ohhh! So our chances are really quite slim
    And is it just 1's, 2's and 3's who are on hold!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Oh right :/ Uhhh Ohhh! So our chances are really quite slim
    And is it just 1's, 2's and 3's who are on hold!?
    yep, u shudnt have to wait long, they have an interview date this wednesday, so after that should have a pretty certain idea of numbers so wil hopefully start sorting through everyone and getting back with replys, they do have interview on the 17th though, i hope they dont wait that long though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yep, u shudnt have to wait long, they have an interview date this wednesday, so after that should have a pretty certain idea of numbers so wil hopefully start sorting through everyone and getting back with replys, they do have interview on the 17th though, i hope they dont wait that long though :rolleyes:
    Yeah, in the email i got to say im on hold it says: 'you may not hear from us until the interviews have been completed in February.'

Think it must be a typo because it says they are completed in feb even tho she said in the talk that the last interview date is the 17th march!

Edit: Have u found out what score u were given?

ReputationRep:
    Is it me, or have Liverpool not done a lot recently? According to the facebook group, the last interview date given out was the 3rd of March, but apparently they are interviewing until the 17th/24th? That being said, someone has a graduate interview on the 24th and we don't know if that's a grad only date or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Yeah, in the email i got to say im on hold it says: 'you may not hear from us until the interviews have been completed in February.'

Think it must be a typo because it says they are completed in feb even tho she said in the talk that the last interview date is the 17th march!

Edit: Have u found out what score u were given?
    Wasn't it a generic email? I think the initial plan was to be finished by February, but there was an interview date cancelled pushing it all back.

ReputationRep:
    i have tried MANY a time to email and get feedback as my interview was in November and ive only got a very generic reply of "your application is still being held and we are very busy dadedah"
    Steph is one of the only people that has had feedback, i think they are just so busy, and obvioualy ALOT of people will be wanting feedback, after waiting since novemeber, the end of march doesnt seem very long at all!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Weekend away => 12 pages to read :p:

Cambridge though...:love: Watched some rowing, I absolutely love it. Clearly its something I'm going to have to at least try taking up. Got up at 6.30 today to get back for work - but I have next week off

ReputationRep:
    i have tried MANY a time to email and get feedback as my interview was in November and ive only got a very generic reply of "your application is still being held and we are very busy dadedah"
    Steph is one of the only people that has had feedback, i think they are just so busy, and obvioualy ALOT of people will be wanting feedback, after waiting since novemeber, the end of march doesnt seem very long at all!!
    Fair enough, I think i'd be too scared to even request feedback at this stage! But if im rejected I will ask for it then. I really really hope im not a 3!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Fair enough, I think i'd be too scared to even request feedback at this stage! But if im rejected I will ask for it then. I really really hope im not a 3!!!!!!
    i would of thought that your more likely to be 1 or 2 than i am, at the begining they have NO idea of the level of applicants whereas they should now have a good idea and if they do have LOADS of 1's and 2's on hold they wouldnt bother putting 3's on hold at this stage, but i dont no! i was a 4 last year and i thought it went ALOT better but who knows, definatly ask for feedback, but i doubt u'll get anything before u hear the decision anyway.
    u have RVC aswell

ReputationRep:
    Pygmy goats :love: are very cute yes. I was stewarding at the agricultural show and I got put with them, they were really interesting, and there is quite a local following for them, which is nice. A couple of the people showing had come from clubs in Wales though, as had the judge! The judge was lovely, really learnt a lot from her! She was the breed society president for a while though, if I remember correctly.

Emailed Edinburgh for feedback a week ago, no reply I was hoping it would come before Bristol but apparently not, so I'm going to write a letter too. Tbf I don't know how much use it would have been, but I wanted to know why they left it so long to reject me, they had already rejected everyone else without interview long before me! Grrr...

Edit: Claire! Was just wondering where you had got to!

ReputationRep:
    i would of thought that your more likely to be 1 or 2 than i am, at the begining they have NO idea of the level of applicants whereas they should now have a good idea and if they do have LOADS of 1's and 2's on hold they wouldnt bother putting 3's on hold at this stage, but i dont no! i was a 4 last year and i thought it went ALOT better but who knows, definatly ask for feedback, but i doubt u'll get anything before u hear the decision anyway.
    u have RVC aswell
    I dont know, It was my 1st ever interview so i'd be surprised if it went that well tbh :/...Some of the q's i felt i could answer really well but some of them were a bit weaker .
    Yeah though i dont think RVC went that well, but you never knoww i suppose...was really really really different to brizzle!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Pygmy goats :love: are very cute yes. I was stewarding at the agricultural show and I got put with them, they were really interesting, and there is quite a local following for them, which is nice. A couple of the people showing had come from clubs in Wales though, as had the judge! The judge was lovely, really learnt a lot from her! She was the breed society president for a while though, if I remember correctly.

Emailed Edinburgh for feedback a week ago, no reply I was hoping it would come before Bristol but apparently not, so I'm going to write a letter too. Tbf I don't know how much use it would have been, but I wanted to know why they left it so long to reject me, they had already rejected everyone else without interview long before me! Grrr...

Edit: Claire! Was just wondering where you had got to!
    RVC did that to me last year, they waited until all teh itnerviews were done to reject me, and they said it was because of my grades! you'd think they could have realised that at the begining. i think they just forgot about me or something.

ReputationRep:
    yeah Liv havn't done anything for a while....they are waiting on March the 11th!!! When did they give the last bunch of uncons? was it 2 weeks ago? coz they seem to be doing things every 14 days...

and Oaktrees Ed did that to me last year, (but thats counting on TSR) so you never know if there was a second cull, but nobody else was on TSR :?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    steph I thought they were pets in Harry Potter not in real life.... :p:
    I met crookshanks (sp?) one of the practices I have been to treat the animals from the Harry Potter cast. one of the highlights of my work ex :p:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Dum de dum . I wannt more work experience at the vets I decided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Yeah though i dont think RVC went that well, but you never knoww i suppose...was really really really different to brizzle!!!!
    I thought my Bristol interview went better than my RVC interview...and look where I ended up :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaby)
    I met crookshanks (sp?) one of the practices I have been to treat the animals from the Harry Potter cast. one of the highlights of my work ex :p:
    haha that's awesome :p:

ReputationRep:
    loooads of interviews this week

countryfile, gota love it :love:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.