Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread earlier about my unhappiness with a part of my body, and the ways in which I could go about changing this. The attitude it received though showed that no-one appreciated the stresses of being a lady in modern Britain, and someone even said 'I hope you don't get your tit job'. We have to look our best, or men just pass us by without taking a second glance. We have to look our best, or we get shunned for promotions at work. We have to look our best, because we have magazines constantly showing us what a fat ***** that Natalie Cassidy is now that she's put all her weight back on.

Is a problem in our society that people just don't understand the needs behind the modern English lady?

ReputationRep:
    get back in the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter as long as the women understand modern kitchen and laundry appliances :-D

ReputationRep:
    If what you said is correct, WHY ARE UGLY PEOPLE MARRIED?

ReputationRep:
    Modern society does understand the needs of modern women
    A boob job is a want not a need

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of loser men for the loser women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmoreader)
    I made a thread earlier about my unhappiness with a part of my body, and the ways in which I could go about changing this. The attitude it received though showed that no-one appreciated the stresses of being a lady in modern Britain, and someone even said 'I hope you don't get your tit job'. We have to look our best, or men just pass us by without taking a second glance. We have to look our best, or we get shunned for promotions at work. We have to look our best, because we have magazines constantly showing us what a fat ***** that Natalie Cassidy is now that she's put all her weight back on.

Is a problem in our society that people just don't understand the needs behind the modern English lady?
    See bold: If you're going to be a "lady" *****ing about someone with a weight problem isn't polite. And also, she's at least in one of those magazines despite her weight and because of her talent :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Since half of society is female, I assume so.

I think you've been reading too much cosmo, I know plenty of girls who don't have to dress up and look their best to get looks and promotions at work.

To be fair, the 'stresses' you talk about are so minor and petty it hardly merits a discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, OP, I think YOU have the distorted image of what a woman needs to/should be; it's very much based on those glossy magazines you read.

ReputationRep:
    You made a thread as to whether or not you should get your completely unneccessary boob job done on the NHS, so we all have to pay for it. This is not about society misunderstanding the needs of a modern woman. In fact it is you who needs to understand that these days a woman doesn't need 36G boobs to 'get a promotion at work.'

Unless you have a rather 'special' job that is.

ReputationRep:
    Seems you do not understand modern women either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 'modern lady', so I'd like to think that I understand our needs. If you're so concerned about looking your best, why not dress in a way that accentuates your boobs more (if you really want that kind of attention..). There's nothing wrong with having a feminine figure and DDs! You shouldn't rally want the attention that comes with a boob job, sometimes it's good but do you realise how much can go wrong, and how much less people may think of you. The fact that you're willing to pretend to be suicidal to get a boob job you don't really need really demonstrates the fact that it's not us who doesn't understand..

ReputationRep:
    So why do i see tons of men trying hard to be pretty as well, clearly girls over.look men if the don't look good and promotion isn't top do with looks, if you don't get a promotion don't blame your face blame the fact you are **** at your job.

ReputationRep:

yes I am

ReputationRep:
    Well half of society is "modern" women, the other half is men. I'd hazard a guess that women can understand themselves but men will never understand women. You're 50% of the way there!

ReputationRep:

You're kind of contradicting yourself there... If you are a 'modern lady' then surely your main aim in life can't be to find a man?

ReputationRep:
    No. Women in this country are just so weak.

ReputationRep:
    The issue is not people misunderstanding the modern woman. It is the modern woman who believes what the magazines say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    No. Women in this country are just so weak.
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    http://www.newstatesman.com/books/20...er-dimensional

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.