Turn on thread page Beta

Girl in cafe now I fancy watch

ReputationRep:
    Are you currently in the cafe?

What are you 'working on'? Perhaps ask her opinion on your presentation, or ask her what is the word for *insert description*, 'coz you can't remember it. Then just keep chatting casually.

What about ordering a coffee, and if she's near you, asking (boldly, and with confidence) if she'd like one?

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    Go up to her and say "You know gas is oderless, they only put the smell in so you know when there a leak".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLobsterQuadrille)
    What about ordering a coffee, and if she's near you, asking (boldly, and with confidence) if she'd like one?
    oh oh oh do thatt i like that ideaaa

coffee not a bad idea- but I'm sitting away from her

ReputationRep:
    Like how far away, and how full is the cafe?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you're an internet legend.

ReputationRep:
    Opposite row at end, shuts at 10/10-30. About 10 people in here

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she wants to know your secret recipe for a cockachinno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edycal)
    Ask her if she wants to know your secret recipe for a cockachinno
    I Lol'd :P

isnt there any chance you can move closer to her? without looking like a creepy stalker..not a good image :P

i still like the coffee idea but then again might seem a bit random if you just ask a girl if she wants a drink when you've never spoke to her before.

why not try the old-fashioned more ballsy way and just explain you've taken a liking to her and would like to get to know her more over coffee?

ReputationRep:
    What about sending a coffee over via waiter, and when it gets there, give her a cheeky smile, and/or a small wave.

Or you could order two coffees, and go back to your seat, looking at your watch occasionally. After 5ish minutes go over and give her one- you could say you were waiting for a friend (emphasise the 'friend part' you don't want her thinking you were meant to be on a date), but they've just texted you saying they're going to be a little late, and you don't want the coffee to go cold, and go to waste, so does she want your other coffee?

...I should really use some of these flirting techniques myself, instead of living out my romantic fantasy life through others.

Although I do agree, some girls could find your forwardness slightly stalkerish. But what've you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundance_kid)
    Moooove over there!
    I've already been designated this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    Ask if she has any spare ports open?
    :yep:
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    Or you could order two coffees, and go back to your seat, looking at your watch occasionally. After 5ish minutes go over and give her one- you could say you were waiting for a friend (emphasise the 'friend part' you don't want her thinking you were meant to be on a date), but they've just texted you saying they're going to be a little late, and you don't want the coffee to go cold, and go to waste, so does she want your other coffee?
    for guaranteed action, put rohypnol into the second cup of coffee. just make sure you don't mix the two up....

ReputationRep:
    Lol

If someone approached me i'd be mortified :p:

So yeah she'll either go for it or she won't to be honest :p: Just go over and ask her for a coffee, but if she rejects you don't pester her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    for guaranteed action, put rohypnol into the second cup of coffee. just make sure you don't mix the two up....
    Very funny but disturbing at the same time...

Personally, I don't tend to like random men coming up to me in coffee shops when I am working... Don't be disappointed OP if she says no.

Hopefully she'll just find it flattering.

ReputationRep:
    She just left and dont wanna be stalkerish--just hope she comes in again cos I'm regular. God she was striking.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah forward can be stalkerish but its better than having a boring love life and no connections. Maybe I'll try the pub now, gotta leave and eat anyway, she might be there...theres no gumtree now so cant post but could just try again, regular there anyhow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    She just left and dont wanna be stalkerish--just hope she comes in again cos I'm regular. God she was striking.
    Never mind. :console:

Next time this happens (with any girl), go and talk to her, rather than posting on an internet forum about it.

Good luck next time.

ReputationRep:
    Never mind. :console:

Next time this happens (with any girl), go and talk to her, rather than posting on an internet forum about it.

Good luck next time.
    I have done a few times. But when it's someone really beautiful it matters more. And you want to succeed at it.

ReputationRep:
    show her this thread!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.