Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't like to tell people I have TSR... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because if I did, they'd ask what my username was, and once I told them, they'd come and look at my posts, and after that I think they wouldn't like me any more Does that make me a troll?

ReputationRep:
    No. I'd rather not have people know who I am IRL on here, just because I don't want to be stalked :p:

Not wanting to be stalked doesn't make you a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same bruh. Not a troll. You just say things on here you wouldn't say to your friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Does that make me a troll?
    yes. yes it does.

ReputationRep:
    I never really need to bring it up?

O.o

ReputationRep:
    ive had too many alcohol fueled announcements on tsr that would just be embarassing if real people found out.

ReputationRep:
    I tell people I have a TSR... if they tell me that they have one too.

Other than that, it never really comes up :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same, probably worse. Whenever I'm in the school library on the computers and a mate walks past I quickly switch tabs to Yahoo or something... I'd rather them not know my ongoings on the internet.

So far, I know nobody IRL on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't come up naturally in a conversation then why would you even bring TSR up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Because if I did, they'd ask what my username was, and once I told them, they'd come and look at my posts, and after that I think they wouldn't like me any more Does that make me a troll?
    I've just looked at your posts, you're weird.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Same for me. I just...don't like people I know knowing about something like this.I don't know why.My friend knows I post here I think,but I don't think she cares enough to look for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never admit to going on TSR. When we do research projects at school TSR comes up in our searches, and I swear everyone recognizes it but pretends that they've never seen it before. It's blatantly like fight club - the number one rule being you don't talk about fight club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)

So far, I know nobody IRL on TSR.

Same here....also, don't really tell anyone cos I know I will get stalked

ReputationRep:
    Two or three of my friends know im on TSR but they dont know my username....
    Although they could search my real name, ive said it once or twice :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    It's fairly normal. I've posted the odd silly post, but that's what's so good about an internet forum - it's anonymous.

If you choose to make friends and they know of your identity, though, that's different... especially since none of us are really going to be using TSR forever. Although you never know...

ReputationRep:
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinyourpersie)
    I've just looked at your posts, you're weird.:eek:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Same. When I hear anyone mention it IRL (which isn't often), I feel really strange. Like people I know shouldn't be using it. I just don't want people to know I'm on here. I've had to lie to my flatmates when they wonder how I can spend hours on the internet every day.

ReputationRep:
    I told some friends but then they started reading all my posts so now I created a new account and they don't know my new username but they do know I use TSR

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i actually like telling people. Dunno why lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.