Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't like to tell people I have TSR... watch

ReputationRep:
    I hate the idea of 'having TSR', or 'having Facebook'. They're just accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadder)
    I'd never admit to going on TSR. When we do research projects at school TSR comes up in our searches, and I swear everyone recognizes it but pretends that they've never seen it before. It's blatantly like fight club - the number one rule being you don't talk about fight club.
    So true!! I love how everyone seems to pretend they don't have much to do with tsr..
    I did actually tell my friend what my username was, but I remember thinking it would be a little irritating if she then went through all my posts.

ReputationRep:
    TSR and real life are the same thing to me so I don't have this problem.

my flirting skills irl are just as bad as my e-flirting skills :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    I hope no one finds me on here because then my true weirdoness will be revealed, and not many know about it irl.

ReputationRep:
    Then what is the point in Facebook?

(Original post by FallenPetal)
    I tell people I have a TSR... if they tell me that they have one too.

Other than that, it never really comes up :P
    Same.

But no-one ever says they are a TSRian. :emo:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know people who know I have this and know who I am on it. I don't really care. I don't care if they decide they don't like me lol

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I've mentioned it a couple times to friends, if the context makes it non-weird. :ninja:

Though a couple people I know have to come up to me explaining how they worked out who's account this is, with the European Bac etc being quite rare and all, and how my posts about it have come up on Google.

ReputationRep:
    no, i've never told anyone my tsr - and it's because i'm worried about someone reading my posts - it's a bit like they are invading my privacy and no doubt some of the stuff i write here is about people in the same circle of friends... (anonymised of course!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingMemory)
    I hate the idea of 'having TSR', or 'having Facebook'. They're just accounts.
    So basically you're trying to tell us you can't cope with the evolution of language?

ReputationRep:
    Non of my friends use TSR anyway, that I know about :iiam: Maybe they are keeping it secret :eek:

ReputationRep:
    1st rule of teh interwebz: you must keep you on teh internets separate from you irl.

(Original post by Star_struck)
    no, i've never told anyone my tsr - and it's because i'm worried about someone reading my posts - it's a bit like they are invading my privacy and no doubt some of the stuff i write here is about people in the same circle of friends... (anonymised of course!)
    Yeah but... all your posts are in public anyway?

ReputationRep:
    no otherwise I put my real name as my username!

ReputationRep:
    Can't say its a topic that has ever come up tbh

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered really :p:

There are so many random posts on here that I have to tell friends about them :p:

But I'm the same on here as I am in real life so I wouldn't care if they saw my posts

ReputationRep:
    I tell people my TSR post count when I'm clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    If they are socially retarded enough to ask you if you have a TSR account, then them seeing your posts isn't the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadder)
    I'd never admit to going on TSR. When we do research projects at school TSR comes up in our searches, and I swear everyone recognizes it but pretends that they've never seen it before. It's blatantly like fight club - the number one rule being you don't talk about fight club.
    lol.

It's not as though I put my actual name as my username......

oh I did.

:o:

ReputationRep:
    When I'm in the hot tub down at the country club I tell all the women there I am a member of TSR.

They love me for it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.