Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i went to go look around Brunel a few months ago. And we saw the indoor gym that i thought was pretty poor and not worth the money.

but we went into the indoor athletics centre and there was a strength/conditioning weight training room and it looked really good, few powerracks, olympic barbells and heavy dumbbells!

i like quite the hardcore gym and the small cramped gym i saw isn't really what im looking for.

i was wondering if normal brunel students can use the strength and conditioning room or can only "brunel Athletes" use it?

+how much will it cost

thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomyuk)
    Hi, i went to go look around Brunel a few months ago. And we saw the indoor gym that i thought was pretty poor and not worth the money.

but we went into the indoor athletics centre and there was a strength/conditioning weight training room and it looked really good, few powerracks, olympic barbells and heavy dumbbells!

i like quite the hardcore gym and the small cramped gym i saw isn't really what im looking for.

i was wondering if normal brunel students can use the strength and conditioning room or can only "brunel Athletes" use it?

+how much will it cost

thx
    dunno, i dont go brunel

ReputationRep:
    *neg rep
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    From what I can gather, gym membership at Brunel has 3 levels - Gold, Silver and Bronze - ranging from £25 to £40 per month. Membership runs for an academic year; you have to pay an extra fee if you want your membership to cover the summer months too. Gold membership also covers use of the Lancaster Spa pool whereas the other memberships don't. I'm not sure whether the strength & conditioning room is included in any membership, I couldn't see it on the website. Try emailing them and asking on [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    bump

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.