Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    rockon, you've got the offer? congratulations!
    when did they call u?

ReputationRep:
    Today at around 4pm? Ecstatic =)

ReputationRep:
    poor me...might be waiting 4 rejection
    anyone got the offer as well?

ReputationRep:
    I haven''t had an offer either :-(
    Congratulations Rockon!!
    What time was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    10:40. you?

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview 3 weeks ago but still haven't heard back! ARGH ><

ReputationRep:
    Mine was at 4pm so there might be a delay with people who were interviewed later in the day? I'm hoping so anyway! This waiting is not good!!!

ReputationRep:
    theyre waiting for replies from the people who theyve given offers yet, (i phoned them up) im going to decline my offer (for JP) so theres one more space at the minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Your declining JP or GS?
    So does that mean they have given out ALL their offers?
    I have been offered another job somewhere else and have to let them know by Friday, should I send them an e-mail asking for the outcome of my interview? Or would you say it is too soon? GS is my first choice! :-( xx

ReputationRep:
    im declining GS.
    they just said in an email that theyre waiting to inform other candidates, so would like a reply. not sure if that means all offers are given.
    and yes definitely let them know about your other offer. i had the JP offer before the GS one and as soon as they knew about it, the whole interview process was seeded up and done in 6 days for me, including the outcome. if they life you theyll take you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockon)
    Another position available.Had to withdraw from my offer due to a mix up with grades. Ouuuch
    What do mean exactly by mix up? Was it serious? They wouldn't let you join cause of it??

ReputationRep:
    got rejected

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear!!! Well you should be happy you even got accepted!! Sorry to hear you didn't get in bhisin. My friend heard yday and he didn't either. I'm still waiting :-(

ReputationRep:
    Didnt have my transcript at the time so guessed my grades. Didnt seem like a biggie since GS doesnt have a min requirement for ucas points. was wayyy off . phoned in to correct it and got whacked by the offer-withdrawl stick. absolutely gutted
    Was this for A-Levels? Or GCSEs? - My housemate last year interned at Nomura and completed lied about his GCSE's, however, he got onto the programme, they didn't even approach him about it - maybe they dont check? Either way its harsh dude!

ReputationRep:
    wish u good luck stephaniereede...
    lets move on guys!...tomorrow is another day...!

ReputationRep:
    Didnt have my transcript at the time so guessed my grades. Didnt seem like a biggie since GS doesnt have a min requirement for ucas points. was wayyy off . phoned in to correct it and got whacked by the offer-withdrawl stick. absolutely gutted
    Hey rockon,
    Sorry to hear about the withdrawal although it was so long ago lol.
    I've just accepted a GS offer and was just wondering whether you ever received their mailed offer pack (including the contract)? If so, how long did it take for this to arrive?
    Also when you accepted their offer, was it just a verbal acceptance? Because there was nowwhere to click on "accept" in the online Application Centre.
    I think I'm just being super paranoid lol, but it's my first job offer so I can't help it!

Thanks a lot!!
    Are you applying again to GS this year?

ReputationRep:
    why didn't you argue with GS about the fact that they have no minimum ucas requirement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stan88)
    Hey rockon,
    Sorry to hear about the withdrawal although it was so long ago lol.
    I've just accepted a GS offer and was just wondering whether you ever received their mailed offer pack (including the contract)? If so, how long did it take for this to arrive?
    Also when you accepted their offer, was it just a verbal acceptance? Because there was nowwhere to click on "accept" in the online Application Centre.
    I think I'm just being super paranoid lol, but it's my first job offer so I can't help it!

Thanks a lot!!
    Are you applying again to GS this year?
    Yep am running for summer internship. My application is very strong this year.

The offer was just verbal. After 1 week I phoned them up about the UCAS points, but never received the pack. So I assume it will be a while before a physical contract comes through.

Congrats on your industrial placement

ReputationRep:
    Yep am running for summer internship. My application is very strong this year.

The offer was just verbal. After 1 week I phoned them up about the UCAS points, but never received the pack. So I assume it will be a while before a physical contract comes through.

Congrats on your industrial placement
    Quick question, do they care about your GCSE's? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    No

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.